“Friendly and execellent Food”
Review of Grey Rose Cafe Fine Dining - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grey Rose Cafe Fine Dining
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Full featured dining with modern cuisine a la carte menu and our very popular evening buffet as a dining option. We have private dining areas for your group function. Open for lunch on Thursday and Fridays and Sunday Brunch.
Hanover, Canada
“Friendly and execellent Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I personally have eaten at this restaurant numerous times over the years including in a wedding party of over 50.All times the food and buffet were excellent,The staff helpful and friendly. A fine dinning experience all times. I highly recommend The Grey Rose to anyone.

• Visited December 2013

“Pleasurable Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Long time friends came for weekend visit with us and also to visit her mother, so the five of us enjoyed a lovely dinner on Sunday evening at The Grey Rose. We were greeted with smiles and upon depositing our coats were lead to a table by the fire. Very nice. Our server was most pleasant. The food selection was most abundant, well presented and appropriate temperatures. It amazed me that every time we came back to the table our used plates had disappeared...each and every time. It was very busy, but we never felt crowded, or rushed. The food was constantly replenished. Jackie seemed to be everywhere chatting with young and old, greeting people, and clearing dishes as she went along. It was a wonderful experience.

1 Thank snowbaby369
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We found the atmosphere to be friendly and welcoming. The wait staff provided us with excellent service. The dinner buffet was filled with freshly made delicious options which were defiantly not normal buffet fair. They serve brunch on Sundays now too which is also delicious. I definate favourite place to go.

“Bad Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The entire experience at the Grey Rose was like being somewhere you aren't wanted or appreciated. From the phone call to confirm reservation to the grumpy greeting at the door, this was one of the worst dining experiences I've had in a long time. The buffet lacked in imagination, not to mention tasteless and bland. The server was polite yet seemingly bored with her job. I have never seen the staff at a "Fine" restaurant eating at the buffet at the same time as guest were still there. I felt like our table was an inconvenience to the staff wanting to go home.

Attracting new clientele does not seem top be a top priority for the Grey Rose, resting on their laurels. In a town with not many places to have a good meal, we were completely disappointed with our experience here.

4 Thank Kjstuff
Hanover, Canada
“Don't understand all the Hype.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have always heard good things about this place and have eaten here a few times to give it a chance but NEVER AGAIN! The buffet looked good but the food was tasteless. I mean it was awful, the worst prime rib I have had in my life, it tasted like water. The only thing with flavor were the small, (pre-made) crab pies, but I got an MSG reaction from them. Maybe people from around here just don't know what good food tastes like? The service wasn't any better, slow and cool. I don't mind paying a little extra for good food and service, skip this place!

• Visited November 2013