“Always pleasurable”

Add it.
Grey Rose Cafe Fine Dining
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Full featured dining with modern cuisine a la carte menu and our very popular evening buffet as a dining option. We have private dining areas for your group function. Open for lunch on Thursday and Fridays and Sunday Brunch.
Hanover, Canada
“Always pleasurable”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here very often through the years since it opened about 20 years ago. We have always been very pleased with the food, the presentation and the service. The restaurant is always spotless as are the washrooms. we ate here about one week ago as part of a business supper. I am happy to report that the roast beef I had there was one of the best pieces of meat I have had in many years. It was cooked perfectly, It was tender and juicy and almost melted in the mouth. The outer coating had been lightily rubbed with salt which made it spectacular. Jackie is always the perfect host and gives us a personal warm welcome. The Caesar salad is always very good. The salad bar is always very rich in carbohydrates but I am usually just happy with a plain salad. The seafood tarts are always delicious, when they have roast lamb on the menu that is always one of my favourites. Food is always piping hot and well served. I am so glad that they have got rid of the glass cups as I do not like to drink out of those things, Just call me old-fashioned. This restaurant deservedly holds the title of the best restaurant in Hanover and longer may it remain.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Zappafan5797

Toronto, Canada
“Bad Day?”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Grey Rose has always been the place to go for special meals in the Hanover area. They used to have a daily luncheon buffet that was quite a draw, but this has been reduced to Thursdays and Fridays only. I took a friend there for a birthday lunch recently, and was really disappointed by the service. The food was quite good (we each had a different chicken item off the menu), but we seemed to be a nuisance to our server. I think the menu said that the meals came with a side salad (I may be wrong on this), but we were never offered any extras. We sat for about ten minutes after we had finished our meal, while our server sat at the bar doing some sort of book-work. What I thought might be a nice treat turned into an unpleasant experience. The only saving grace was that the food was delicious.

• Visited November 2013
Walkerton, Canada
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just had a fabulous 50th surprise birthday party at the Grey Rose in Hanover, ON. I had arranged with the staff earlier last week because the party was for my sister Linda who works at the restaurant. We had a separate room and we were still able to enjoy the buffet. The selection of food was incredible. The buffet had lamb, roast beef, ham, ribs, chicken ribs, chicken in mushroom sauce, seafood quiche, rice, roast potatoes, carrot,broccoli, green bean veggie dish. The selection of salads and fresh fruit were a big hit. Now for the best part the awesome selection of desserts, there were homemade pies, cakes, squares. Something for everyone. If you want an awesome meal in a great atmosphere come out to this fine establishment and you will be amazed.

• Visited October 2013
Caledon, Ontario
“Excellent buffet”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had dinner here last evening. The restaurant is elegant and quiet. The food was delicious and varied. The salad buffet included the usual salads, Caesar, potato, coleslaw, but also many more delicious varieties of salads. There were ribs, chicken wings, lamb, roast beef, chicken, pork, mixed vegetables, potatoes, rice and if you still had room a huge selection of desserts. ,
Many choices to suit everyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Countrygirl6841
Toronto, Canada
“lovely atmosphere, wonderful service, and good food.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was taken to Grey Rose as part of a volunteer appreciation. Having never been there before and reading other reviews on trip advisor I was looking forward to going and was not disappointed. The salad bar was simple, but food was fresh and reasonably priced. the soup was different and tasty. We could have ordered from the entree menu, and may do so another time, but for lunch the salad and soup bar was a great choice. I was very happy with our choice of Grey Rose and am looking forward to going with my husband for a special dinner.

• Visited July 2013