“Pleasant surprise and good value”

Travellers Inn Hanover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanover
Toronto
“Pleasant surprise and good value”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Was in town to visit family and they recommended that I stay here. I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms, and appreciated the direct access to the room from parking (I had a bit of luggage with me). I asked the staff to take a message in case my brother called and they were very friendly and happy to help. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank cnairson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I rented a room at this motel for my best friends wedding. I later gave the staff instructions to put my boyfriend's name on the account so he could check in while I was tied up with the wedding events. While we were at the reception, a man came to the hotel and gave my boyfriends name and without question they let this man into our room where my car keys were in plane veiw, my purse with all my credit cards were and all of our personal belongings. All of the booze from my room was taken. When I comfronted the hotel personelle at the time of check out in the morning, the front desk clerk was very rude and told me that is was in fact "not their problem". We will not be making a return visit and I would encourage people to find other, more secure accomidations.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Meghan S
TIH_Management, Manager at Travellers Inn Hanover, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that you were displeased with your experience, we are constantly striving to provide our guests with the best accommodation we can provide. The guest that entered that room was your fiancé's brother who told us he was your fiancé (something he was aware of). This was a family issue, and we cannot correct that ourselves. While you asked that your room be free of charge, we deemed this situation to not to warrant such a request.

TIH Management
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Been at this motel a couple of times now, and both times had a great stay. We stayed in pet-friendly rooms, which isn't every room - only single beds. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms were extremely clean, and staff was super helpful and friendly. The free wifi and large screen TVs were nice. Not much selection on the premises in terms of beverages or food, but there were a few coffee shops and restaurants and Food Basics literally in the same block so we just walked over there. Overall a cheap, nice place, with a fun small-town feel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank C C
Woodstock
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As we were working in the area again, we came back for a second look. And we were glad we did, nice large room, warm and modernized. Great rate (business) and friendly reception. We will come again if we are in the area. Restaurant and food store near-by.

Room Tip: view choices on the web site
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Richard E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed there for a business trip in town. Very clean motel, everything organized and detailed. All basic needs on hand. Beds were pretty good. Heater worked fine. Very quiet area at night. I didn't book the motel so I cant tell anything about the reception area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bensagle
London, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here recently with a few work colleagues for 2 nights. I believe there are over twenty rooms with half of them facing into a parking lot comprising of a dollar store and Food Basics. I would recommend when you stay to try and get a room on the same side as the main lobby entrance because of noise issues rising from delivery trucks at 6am to the stores on the other side. Rooms are large and very clean. Samsung TV's and a newly cleaned remote control that is given to you when you check in. Free coffee and well stocked vending machine. I have stayed in motels before with paper thin walls but I didn't hear a peep from my neighbours. No iron or ironing board in the room nor hair dryer but this is a motel, not a hotel! It is located directly across the street from tha Casino Slots and within very close walking distance of downtown and restaurants. Friendly staff with good local knowledge. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: even numbers.....away from the parking lot
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank Kat B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Best Western Plus Walkerton Hotel & Conference Centre
#2 of 6 in Walkerton
Walkerton Inn Motel
Walkerton Inn Motel
#5 of 6 in Walkerton

Been to Travellers Inn Hanover? Share your experiences!