“Unique and wonderful”
Review of Alpaca Beach Walk

Alpaca Beach Walk
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Waipu
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique opportunity to experience beautiful New Zealand beaches in the company of adorable alpacas. All our alpacas are halter trained so you can safely walk down the beach leading your own alpaca. You can choose whether or not you want to venture into the shallow water. The alpacas will be happy to go into the water up to knee level, especially if it is a hot day.The beaches are quiet with magnificent views of distant islands and headlands.There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions about these gentle animals with their huge eyes and long eyelashes. The alpaca beach walk is now only available to our farmstay guests. Please see our website for details.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed with Pav and Mark for two days last year. This was a hilarious, quite and unique experience. We loved meeting all the alpacas and getting to know their personalities.

As hosts Pav and Mark were wonderful and the accommodation is cozy and picturesque. They have heaps of knowledge about alpacas and the general area (which is filled with hidden gems).

Throughly recommend this to any animal lover couples looking for a weekend getaway with a twist!

All reviews
"marvel"
"hosts"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I were visiting New Zealand as the 2nd part of our honeymoon. I really wanted an experience unique to New Zealand so i googled "farmstays". I was lucky enough that Kandiah came up in my search. I am a HUGE animal lover and the idea of being able to spend time with alpacas and walk them on the beach was so exciting and interesting. Waipu was very out of the way for us but based on pictures of the farm, accomodations, alpacas, we decided to email Pav and get more information. She was so friendly and helpful through email that we decided to take the detour and stay a night at the Kandiah farm. It was by far one of the highlights of our 2 week trip to New Zealand. The room was beautifully kept, perfectly clean, and I must add the shower was amazing. The views from our private living room was outstanding too. I think it was the best night sleep I had all week because of the peace and quiet and comfort. My husband and I were exhausted from traveling and too tired to go out for dinner. Mark (The other owner of the farm, Pav's husband) gave us fresh rolls, cheese and peanut butter. it was so nice of him. Pav and Mark both are such warm people. Mark is hysterical and kept us laughing the entire time. They are both so great with the animals and the beach walk is SO worth your money!! I felt like the alpacas were my babies, and I missed them as soon as we left. I wish we could'vee spent more time at the farm. it's an amazing place. We visited many farms throughout our stay and I am amazed as to how well kept and clean the Kandiah farm is. I highly recommend staying with Pav and Mark. Even if it is out of your way! I will never forget our experience there. We have wonderful memories and great photos.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The opportunity to take a beach walk with Alpacas was a once in a lifetime opportunity! My daughter and I found the Farmstay on the internet while planning our north island trip. The owners were gracious and welcoming in opening their home to us. The dinner was great and the accommodations lovely. There aren't enough positive words to describe the experience of walking the alpacas. Pav was patient and thorough in educating us about alpacas and in ensuring both our safety and theirs. We appreciated her trust in us, we admired her expertise and we enjoyed her delightful personality. If ever we return to NZ, we will plan a longer stay at the Kandiah Alpaca Farmstay!

1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Pav and Mark, the hosts of this amazing farmstay made our 2 day stopover a very relaxed and welcoming experience. On the first day we strolled along Uretiti Beach on a sunny winters day with two beautiful suri alpaca girls, and paddled in the water. Pav was very informative and welcoming which helped us relax and enjoy our interacting with these amazing creatures, that intrigued us with their proud, serene personalities. Pav cooked us a delicious home cooked meal on the first night, which was great to be able to sit and share the stories of their life in the country with alpacas. I would highly recommend this as a great place to get away and unwind, plus you can't help but be drawn into the alpacas calming nature which seems to rub off on you as well.