“Unforgettable Experience”
Review of Alpaca Beach Walk

Alpaca Beach Walk
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Waipu
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique opportunity to experience beautiful New Zealand beaches in the company of adorable alpacas. All our alpacas are halter trained so you can safely walk down the beach leading your own alpaca. You can choose whether or not you want to venture into the shallow water. The alpacas will be happy to go into the water up to knee level, especially if it is a hot day.The beaches are quiet with magnificent views of distant islands and headlands.There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions about these gentle animals with their huge eyes and long eyelashes. The alpaca beach walk is now only available to our farmstay guests. Please see our website for details.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I were visiting New Zealand as the 2nd part of our honeymoon. I really wanted an experience unique to New Zealand so i googled "farmstays". I was lucky enough that Kandiah came up in my search. I am a HUGE animal lover and the idea of being able to spend time with alpacas and walk them on the beach was so exciting and interesting. Waipu was very out of the way for us but based on pictures of the farm, accomodations, alpacas, we decided to email Pav and get more information. She was so friendly and helpful through email that we decided to take the detour and stay a night at the Kandiah farm. It was by far one of the highlights of our 2 week trip to New Zealand. The room was beautifully kept, perfectly clean, and I must add the shower was amazing. The views from our private living room was outstanding too. I think it was the best night sleep I had all week because of the peace and quiet and comfort. My husband and I were exhausted from traveling and too tired to go out for dinner. Mark (The other owner of the farm, Pav's husband) gave us fresh rolls, cheese and peanut butter. it was so nice of him. Pav and Mark both are such warm people. Mark is hysterical and kept us laughing the entire time. They are both so great with the animals and the beach walk is SO worth your money!! I felt like the alpacas were my babies, and I missed them as soon as we left. I wish we could'vee spent more time at the farm. it's an amazing place. We visited many farms throughout our stay and I am amazed as to how well kept and clean the Kandiah farm is. I highly recommend staying with Pav and Mark. Even if it is out of your way! I will never forget our experience there. We have wonderful memories and great photos.

Visited February 2014

Mundelein
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our NZ Holiday!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The opportunity to take a beach walk with Alpacas was a once in a lifetime opportunity! My daughter and I found the Farmstay on the internet while planning our north island trip. The owners were gracious and welcoming in opening their home to us. The dinner was great and the accommodations lovely. There aren't enough positive words to describe the experience of walking the alpacas. Pav was patient and thorough in educating us about alpacas and in ensuring both our safety and theirs. We appreciated her trust in us, we admired her expertise and we enjoyed her delightful personality. If ever we return to NZ, we will plan a longer stay at the Kandiah Alpaca Farmstay!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Barbara S
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
“Leave your stress at home and experience Kandiah Alpaca Farmstay”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Pav and Mark, the hosts of this amazing farmstay made our 2 day stopover a very relaxed and welcoming experience. On the first day we strolled along Uretiti Beach on a sunny winters day with two beautiful suri alpaca girls, and paddled in the water. Pav was very informative and welcoming which helped us relax and enjoy our interacting with these amazing creatures, that intrigued us with their proud, serene personalities. Pav cooked us a delicious home cooked meal on the first night, which was great to be able to sit and share the stories of their life in the country with alpacas. I would highly recommend this as a great place to get away and unwind, plus you can't help but be drawn into the alpacas calming nature which seems to rub off on you as well.

Visited July 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Alpaca beach walk in Waipu”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was best beach walk with alpaca we never ever had. We love it. Pav the lovely lady who owns the Alpacas gives very good instructions before the walk of what to expect and how to handle the Alpacas. She also walks with us and took the photoes for us too. We would certainly recommend this. Yingchao and Teller from Auckland.

Visited June 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kandiah alpaca farmstay &alpaca beach walk”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a MUST for all alpaca, or even animal, lovers. Where do I start... arriving at the beautiful, warm and welcoming home/farm stay of Pav &Mark's. They are great hosts and make you feel very welcome sharing with you their experiences of setting up the alpaca farm. Pav is so great with the animals and they are at ease with her but she is also great at instructing how to walk with them on the beach. They actually seem to enjoy the walking on the beach and our alpacas stayed in the water much of the time, even though it wasnt a warm day. Not only this but then being able to then hand feed and meet all of their alpacas is brilliant. I would highly recommend the beach walk and staying at the farm stay.

Visited June 2013