“Great food, great service, great atmosphere.”

Nith River Chop House
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is great. My wife and I went here for our 5th anniversary. They treated us extremely well and the food was great. We both had prime rib and mashed potatoes. The prime rib was great and the mashed potatoes were the best I've had. The chocolate cake had an amazing fudge icing and wonderful ice cream from Mapleton dairy.

Big bonus points for sourcing local meat, produce, dairy, and beer.

We both had beer from Guelph's F&M brewery. Great stuff. It would be great if they started serving a wider variety of local and craft brews. When we were there they only had two, but it's a good start.

1  Thank chradcliffe
There are newer reviews for Nith River Chop House

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Situated inside an old cross roads inn. The Chop house has friendly & attentive staff. A nice varied menu of standards and specials. I had the Schnitzel & Fries with a popcorn chicken appetizer. The schnitzel portion was generous with an excellent assortment of grilled side vegetables and the house fries were very tasty, The popcorn chicken was on premise made were were.also very tasty, I washed it down with a local brew - StoneHouse Pilsner .. very nice. My wife had the fish & chips and the battered fish was cooked to perfection. Not doughy pasty batter you most often get these days, We did not have desert but the apple crisp looked good. It's also a nice country drive to get here for city people.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to the Chop House since it opened and have never been disappointed by either the staff, service, or food. We have a friend that visits from germany regularly and my wifes brother comes from Red Lake(ontario) and they always insist on coming to the Chop House when they are here. The food is always top notch , in fact the best 'liver and onions' I have ever had is to be had here. The daily specials are always worth coming for and its hard to pick what to eat each time we come even though we are well aquainted with the whole menu. There is nothing bad to say about this place except it's usually best to make reservations before you come(except on wednesday's wing night, when its a virtual free-for-all 'cause its always crowded and busy, and its 'first come, first served'.
B & M Schwarz , Wellesley.

1  Thank WilchelmS
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good selection of local meats and other things.
Steak could be a little more flavourful....needs to be seasoned over time.
Service was good. Nice to have a local steak house.

2  Thank Bud583
Reviewed March 21, 2012

If you enjoy Country Pubs this is a good choice. It has the usual Country Fare and traditional Waterloo County favourites.

It has a very nice country atmosphere. There are two sections, the eatery and the bar.

My wife had a 'Burger and I tried their Chicken Wing special. Both were very good. I like my wings "HOT" and I found their "hot" was a little tame. Next time I will try a different sauce.

The service was excellent, quick, friendly and attentive.

It is a busy spot so their parking lot may be full but there is plenty on on street parking close by.

1  Thank alrosenberg