Like one of your other reviewers we, too, stayed at the hotel whilst attending a wedding reception there.
The wedding arrangements went smoothly and the food was good and served by attentive staff.
However, there are two things that prompted the title of this review:
- The hotel is, how can I say, "tired" and in need of some investment by the owners eg Our room - room 15 - was up in the attic and consequently had a sloping ceiling which was, frankly, dangerous because of its low height, the window was far too small, had an antiquated method of opening (we couldn't shut it right up) and clearly wasn't very safe if toddlers were in the room (sharp edges and non-safety glass). The shower cubicle was old with plumbing to match (the water oscillated from too hot to too cold) and was grubby. The room's décor was not very good, the finish was amateurish whilst the furnishings were cheap and un-matched...and there was no lift to get you up the numerous flights of stairs.
- The hotel is, I suggest, resting on its past history / quirkiness but is not up to the standards that the majority of seasoned travellers expect from a hotel of their star rating.....and certainly nowhere near the price band we were expected to pay (we paid £90 for B&B).
The staff were diligent and "committed to the cause" - all credit to them for being so - but anyone considering booking this hotel should take all the reviews into account and NOT be drawn in by their publicity material.
One last thing - they had Marmite available for breakfast (plus point)...but it was out of date by many months...!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oakwood Hall, a grade 2 listed building, is a privately owned 20 bedroom hotel. Set amidst beautiful landscaped gardens, an ideal venue for wedding receptions and private parties. 1 mile from the centre of Bingley with excellant rail links to Leeds, Bradford and Skipton. 8 miles from Leeds/Bradford Airport, 4 miles from Haworth and 45 minutes from the Yorkshire Dales. A large free car park and quiet woodland surround the Hotel. The restaurant serves traditional lunch & dinner and the welcoming bar is well stocked with hand pulled ales, spirits & wine. Each room is individually designed, all with en suite bathrooms, tea coffee making facilities, trouser presses, hairdryers, irons & ironing boards, TV, radio/CD, and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Oakwood Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Hall Hotel Bingley, Bradford