“Isolated on the moors but busy and popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dick Hudson's

Dick Hudson's
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Bingley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Dick Hudsons offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
London, UK
“Isolated on the moors but busy and popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hats off to Vintage Inns! They have produced an excellent formula regarding their current menu with a great choice of dishes, catering for most tastes. We arrived without a booking and we didn't think we stood a chance of a table when we looked at the number of cars in the carpark, but there was no wait at all. Helpful staff with great service and good pub grub - we went on a Friday and there was an offer of a half-price bottle of Chablis at £9.95 with the fish menu. Having come up from London this was like being in Heaven! The food was well-cooked with decent sized helpings. Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the fantastic views over the moors! Will certainly recommend this place.

• Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Lovely pub in a fantastic setting, great views, nice to stop off and have a drink. It always seems full when we pass or stop off for a drink and because we haven't eaten here for a very long time we thought we would book a table. Our friends joined us but now I think they wish they hadn't. Presentation of the food was good, service good, staff were friendly. My husband ordered a shandy and they brought lager, that wasn't a problem because they changed it without any hassle. I had chicken fillets which was nice, my friend had prawn cocktail (the prawns had their heads on), it wasn't the traditional cocktail, it was lettuce and king prawns on a plate, the prawns were very fresh. The main meal was a big let down, I ordered tuna steak burger and the others had rump steak with home cooked chips, peas and onion rings. The chips may have been home cooked but tasted like they were cooked from frozen, they were dry and not tasty at all. My tuna steak was lovely but on the whole the burger was very dry, I left most of the soft burger bun, a bit of lettuce and tomato made up the burger. The coleslaw was not crunchy and too creamy. All in all, none of our group was impressed with our meals. It will be long time before we eat at Dick Hudsons again, it is a shame because it is a lovely place. Will still call in for a drink when passing.

“Good Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Party of mixed ages all enjoyed their various mains and desserts. Friendly staff, good service, reasonable prices.

Visited August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went on 22nd August 2013. I decided to go here as I have generally like the quality of the food at Vintage Inns. The location is lovely with lovely views.It was my mothers 85th Birthday I booked lunch for 6 of us. For starters we had soaked melon, the slice of melon received on the plate is what I would expect for a 5 year old. My daughters both had steak, the presentation of the dishes was generally poor all round, the steak was grizzly the portion sizes were small and the quality of the food was poor. We had a mezze starter for sharing to start, this consisted of Sweet potatoe ( this was dried and burnt) the I had buffalo mozzarella salad, well I needed to send a search party out to find the meozzarrella!! The chips served up with the meals were like frozen chips I have at home and you did not get alot of them either! I have eaten at 4 other vintage inns and this has to be the worst one so far. I had an eaton mess, this was not presented well my 12 year old son could have done better! The lady who served us make us feel like she was putting us out , she neither smiled nor was she attentive. I did not want to complain straight away as my kids would have been embarrassed. The location is great but the food was very disappointing Will be writing to them to complain and will not be going back again!

robbywild, Manager at Dick Hudson's, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your visit.please contact the pub direct so we can discuss your comments further.
“Good old Dick Hudsons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Even though its part of a chain, the great staff and management here make this place a proper cosy Yorkshire pub serving great food and excellent beer

Visited July 2013