“Brilliant burgers! ”

Foundry Hill Bar and Lounge
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Bingley
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated opposite Bingley railway station. We are open Monday to Friday from 4pm until late and Saturday/Sunday 12 noon until late. All our food is freshly prepared and cooked to order. We have a great selection of quality wines, complimented by new world lagers and ciders. We have been awarded a place in Camras good beer guide and always have five well kept hand pulled beers available. We also have an extensive cocktail menu and over 100 spirits to choose from.
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Popped down to Foundry Hill after seeing the new burgers on Facebook. Even though we booked late on Father's Day and it was really busy, everything still arrived in good time.

Veggie nachos for starters were great, with 3 different dips round the outside.

Had one of the burgers for a main and it was great. Homemade buns, cheese slice, the lot. They don't come better than this. The veggie burger was great, according to the missus and the kids Mac and cheese went down a storm.

And with some really nice new ale on tap also, Foundry Hill is still our favourite place to eat.

3  Thank NSF1

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went to the foundry for a lunch, was a bit quiet but the staff were very nice and welcoming. we had a starter of nachos and calamari, both of which were lovely. I then had a main of rump steak which was gorgeous and offered 2 sides and a sauce, though the peppercorn sauce was quite strong so you wont want to much on that steak. The chunky chips were fantastic as well, plus a lovely rocket salad on the side. My other half had a cheese burger in a brioche bun, I have to admit neither of us are a massive fan of brioche as a bun and would have preferred multi-seed or granary roll. The burger was okay but both of us felt we had had better elsewhere, as the pattie lacked a denseness to it and could have done with being a bit thicker to.

Overall we really enjoyed are time there and would go again.

Mark and Claire

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I ate here tonight on the strength of the previous reviews and, after finding my way downstairs to the rather basic dining room, was pleasantly surprised. From the menu the food looks like goodish gastropub fare, with not too much to excite the appetite, but, when it came, my pork loin wrapped in red onion chutney and parma ham with a mustard cream sauce was absolutely delicious. I soon realised that by ordering sides of French fries and parmesan green beans I had overestimated my appetite by a long way as the dish came with roasted sweet potato wedges and beans, asparagus, carrots etc!! So I made do with the one course, accompanied by a nice house NZ Sauvignon Blanc and a house grenache, equally quaffable. My only real quibble is that my table was quite sticky, and clearly not properly cleaned. PerhapsI should have complained; I hope they take note!

1  Thank Googly2010
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Although I've been enjoying the food, drinks and generally lovely ambience at Foundry Hill for almost ten years (and "Loafers" before that) I am always pleasantly surprised when we sit down to eat. I have never, EVER come away feeling anything less than fully satisfied, regardless of the occasion. If it was in Leeds, you could expect to pay almost twice the price and not be guaranteed their level of quality. The steak was divine, the chips as awesome as ever. My co-diners thoroughly enjoyed the duck and supreme of chicken. Massive choice of draft beers/lagers/ciders. Wine, too. You are always guaranteed a warm welcome and the service is consistently excellent too. So, fair to say I LOVE this bar/eaterie. My only complaint? I no longer live close enough to walk there and back.....

2  Thank PeteRichm0nd
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Attended a brass band concert this evening in Bingley and, having seen the reviews, booked a table at the Foundry. We actually arrived about 30 minutes late which put us under a little pressure and we made this known to the staff - they were great. Food and drink arrived in no time (we has a sharing platter for four and a couple of bottles of Pinot) and was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal and ambience, the staff were attentive but not intrusive.

We hope to call again soon without the time constraint to enjoy a leisurely stroll through the menu.

2  Thank Stuart_G48