“Hotel fine, booking a big problem”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Booked online with Laterooms no problem .Received a confirmation and everything seemed ok. About 5 minutes later an email came from Accor stating that there had been a problem with the booking and I needed to book through the Accor website. I tried to do this but on the website it stated that you needed to book with a credit card and as I don't have one I tried to book with a debit card but this was rejected. I eventually booked over the phone after a callback from Accor as I was unable to get through on the phone. A couple of days later the cost for 1 double room was taken from my account which was the correct amount. The following day the same amount was taken out of my account again. As I had now paid twice for one room I rang the hotel direct to complain and the member of staff I spoke to asked me if I would send A bank statement to prove I had paid twice. I refused to do this and the only compromise was to bring a bank statement with me on the weekend I stayed at the hotel. The member of staff told me that because the money could be taken from my account from various departments they could not check who had taken it. As I was now fed up with the whole saga of booking one night at the hotel I agreed to their request. We arrived at the hotel on Saturday afternoon and on checking in we were surprised we had two rooms booked in my name. Eventually the booking was sorted out and a refund issued for the over payment for the room. the reception staff sorted out the problem with no fuss but it should not have got to that stage. By the way the rest of the stay was fine

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay it is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues experienced with the payment, please be assured this will be investigated further to ensure no future repetition.

I am pleased that this was resolved by the reception team and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 1st. April for 4 nights B&B and we do not have any complaints at all. The room was on an offer when I booked, £52.50. per room per night, for that we had a very nice clean and comfortable room an owl hooting outside our window at night and birds singing in the morning. We had a good cooked breakfast each morning to set us up for the day, waited on by Ufi the waiter who goes out of his way to help, he even remembers us from previous visits even though it was about November when we were last there. We will happily be staying here again in the summer. Thank You. Arthur Harrow.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your feedback with the team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 3, 2014

A very average hotel ,rooms good size and reasonable value for money .Food service however is another matter ,Sat in the restaurant for fifteen minutes without anyone coming near me . so went to the bar to have a drink and decided I would settle for a hamburger in the bar bad decision . Ordered at 8pm after complaining several times burger arrived at 9.40 !!! at a cost of £14.50 . complaint resulted in food being deducted from the bill by rather stressed out staff .Ask for the General manager who was unavailable in the evening nor was she available at 9.20 in the morning .I ask that she call me I still await two weeks on .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very disappointed to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on 004gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk so that I can discuss your feedback with you directly and ensure action is taken as necessary to make further improvements and rectify the issues you experienced.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Monday this week. I have to say that the service in the restaurant was appalling. I went down to dinner and asked for a table in the restaurant - only to be asked if I would go into the bar to eat! As I wanted a little piece of quiet I refused and was shown to a table that had been finished and set for dinner.

I ordered my meal and asked for a Lager - asking what Lager they had. The waiter didn't know and went away to find out. 10 minutes later he returned and commented "will Stella do"!!! Nothing like a choice!! The Lager was brought a further 10 minutes later with the comment "there you go mate"!!! It was obvious from the first taste that it had lime in it. I called the waiter over and pointed this out only for him to say "are you sure"!! After a short discussion he agreed to replace it but left the full glass on the table.

The meal arrives after a 35 minute wait and I have to say was very disappointing. The chicken curry was very bland and the naan bread stone cold. By this time I had been in the restaurant for over 45 minutes and still not got my drink. When the dishes were removed I pointed this out and asked to speak to the Duty Manager. Unfortunately she wasn't really much help and didn't really seem to know what to do. I asked to speak to someone higher up but was told there was no one in the hotel and they couldn't be contacted!!! It was a good job there wasn't a fire that night because goodness knows what may have happened.

Admitted the Duty Manager didn't charge me for the meal but that is not the point. In the current environment you would expect good service - all I saw were young kids with no senior person around to exert control.

There were other people in the restaurant at the same time who were just as disgusted with the level of service that night.

Would I stay again - I am afraid not. I travel a lot and stay in hotels and I expect a good level of service especially from a chain such as this. The next time I am in Bradford I will steer away from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip C
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group for a weekend stay. The coach was met on arrival and all the rooms were allocated efficiently and luggage delivered promptly. The room was nice and spacious with a good sized bathroom although traffic noise could be heard due to being located near the main road. I was very impressed with the quality of the evening meal as all the food was served on very hot plates (waiters wore gloves to serve!!!) and the vegetables were fresh. Waiter/waitress service was excellent and very organised. The breakfast didn't disappoint either as there was a very large hot/cold buffet which was constantly being replenished and was of a very high standard. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this hotel if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Gemma W

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will be motivational to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and standards.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very enjoyable two night stay at the Mercure . In an easy acessable location for the area , two mins to Bingley where there are numerous bars & restaurants within a very short taxi drive . Fast & easy check in . lovely large ,clean comfortable rooms with a massive bed !! Overall , cannot fault the Hotel , excellent value for money - would definately return !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I will share your comments with our team and pass on your lovely feedback to our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and standards.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Emily Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#5 of 27 in Bradford
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!