“5 days at Bankfield Hotel”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Moraira, Spain
“5 days at Bankfield Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel seems to cater for groups. In our time there, we had a large and noisy golfing party for 2 days. 2 weddings, one coach party for 3 days and one open day entitled " Wedding Fair".
The service at breakfast depends on the number of people who have to be fed. One morning they ran out of Green Tea. Another morning , the Dinning room was closed and we were moved to a small seminar room with breakfast in a tight corridor outside and by 9.00 am they had ran out of food.
The room was barely cleaned on 2 days ( except for making the bed) and on one day we were left only one towel between the 2 of us!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank JamieMoraira
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued review. We would sincerely like to apologise that you did not feel your stay matched expectations. I would like to assure you that we have looked into the issues you have highlighted and taken action. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again when you are in Bingley as I can assure you your enjoyment will be a priority to us, as all guests are.

Emily Cox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

From the time we checked in to the time we left we received excellent customer service from all the staff. Location is good and near to local golf courses . Short drive to the dales.
Only issue we had was there is no air-con in the rooms, but again I just want to say the staff made it a great stay with there friendliness and excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Surrey509
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! Our aim is to always deliver the best customer service to our guests and it a joy to hear that we have succeeded with this during your stay. We do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and i have stayed here many times, the last time being on business, in February this year. The hotel stands in it's own imaculately kept grounds. It's in an ideal spot, because although right next to all the main routes of the road network, it remains a very peaceful spot.

We were lucky to be upgraded to a superior room, which was excellent, the Sea Bass served for dinner was perfectly cooked and presented, and the bar was cheerful.

Unfortunately, we had to cut our planned stay short to return home, but not before enjoying a superb hot buffet breakfast, and there were also dishes available cooked to order, something you rarely see these days. Right from our arrival at reception where we were made very welcome, all the staff were polite, friendly, professional, and we noted, immaculately dressed.

I'm glad standards are kept high, because this hotel and i go back a long way, and it's great to see it well managed, with happy staff, who want to be there.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room for great comfort and value, and whatever you do, don't miss the superb...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Peter D
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to stay in our newly refurbished superior rooms! I have passed all your kind comments on to my team who are delighted to hear that their hard work has paid off.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are visiting the Bingley area!

united kingsdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent one night here in twin room with a 84 friend who has difficulty in walking. FIRST PROBLEM was the very long hike from the lift to our room which also entailed a few stairs. The lift was difficult to find and staff had to escort us to find it. SECOND PROBLEM, we had to be up[ at 5.00 am for an early flight from Leeds Bradfor airport and asked if we could arrange a small breakfast for that time only to be told breakfast was only available from 8.00 am.
THIRD PROBLEM no hairdryer in room had to ring reception who told me that there was, I insisted that was not so and eventually they brought one to the room but before this was handed over they checked that there wasn't one already there!!!
some of the doors and corridor carpets are in need of refurbishment. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Will not be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, firstly please accept my apologies for the fact that you found your stay to be disappointing. I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board and fully addressed with the hotel team. We value all our customers highly, after all, without them we would not be in business. If would consider staying with us again please book through my office, I will personally ensure that your next stay is remembered for all the right reasons.

Emily Cox

Travelers are raving about these Bingley hotels

Bracknell
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked 2 Privilege double rooms for one night. Hotel looks impressive with small original section supplemented by two modern wings of bedrooms and stands in spacious grounds with plenty of car parking. Reception was very slow and eventually the receptionist apologised and explained she was still being trained !!. I asked to pay the bill and was then quoted the wrong price. This was immediately corrected but she did not know how to record my A Club number for the points to be awarded. She assured us that the 2 rooms we were allocated were identical and Privilege standard.To get to our rooms we had to walk through the bar area and along unsigned passages to find the lift.
We found that one of the rooms did not have the advertised coffee machine, robes and slippers or a full range of toiletries. The other only had one bath towel, one robe but a full range of toiletries.Neither had any face towels.
We had the DBB package. Dinner was well served by the two waiters but the pork belly crispy crackling was totally lacking in any crispiness. The Rhubarb creme brulee did not have any sign of rhubarb. The breakfast next morning was an excellent buffet.
On final check out the bill was again incorrect. Both times the price being charged was greater than it should have been!!!!
Management needs to get a grip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, all too often people are not forthcoming when things go awry and that is actually to our detriment as hoteliers, as it enables us to put things right that much quicker. I have discussed your comments with my management team who are now investigating the issues you have raised. With this in mind, should you have an occasion to stay in the future, please call my Reception Manager, who will be delighted to make the arrangements on your behalf.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We paid £54 for the room, I rang a few days before our stay and requested a cot in the room (and was not told this would be a problem!), we arrived late after a wedding and there was no cot in the room, the first one that was bought up to us smelled of smoke and was broken and the second not much better, neadless to say we had to make do without using a cot, there was not a mattress protector on the bed (a basic in my opinion) and the bathroom smelled as if someone had very recently used it. It was very tired looking. Probably wouldn't book a Mercure following this experience as I don't think it was worth the money (and I haven't even mentioned being greeted by a swearing bride on our arrival!!!!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on giving the best service possible and I sorry to hear that this is something this is not what you feel you received. We are a non smoking hotel, therefore it worries me to hear that you received a cot that smelled of smoke, I have discussed this issue with my Housekeeping Manager and he is currently investigating the matter. Unfortunatley it is not possible to guarantee the behaviour some of our clientele and I am sorry that you were offended by their language. May I offer my profuse apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here one night over the bank holiday ( sat ) and thought this hotel was very nice, on arriving at 11.30am the man on reception was very helpful and let us check into our room, which was great as we wanted to go out for the afternoon to saltaire, which is about a 20 minute walk up the road.
The only negative's about the room was that the double bed was a tad small and if you wanted to iron anything, there was no plug socket for the iron that was near the fixed iron board !
Breakfast was the usual buffet style, but quite adequate with cereals, fruit and yoghurt.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time and effort to give us your review! I am very pleased to hear that you received a warm welcome from our reception team and that you had the opportunity to explore our local area!
I have made our Maintenance Manager aware of your comments regarding the iron and power point.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Emily Cox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#1 of 2 in Shipley
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!