“Lovely hotel”

Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bingley
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the past and each time have really enjoyed my stay. The staff on reception always extremely friendly and helpful. The room is always cleaned to a very high standard ( I found the rooms in the old part of the hotel the biggest so always request one of those) on occasion I have had room service and it has been fantastic quality... Takes a little time to come after ordering but it is all freshly made so you don't mind too much... Will definitely keep on visiting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your stay, I am so pleased to hear that you recieved the best service and enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend with my boyfriend. All other hotels and B&B's were fully booked due to a themed weekend going on in Howarth I think. When we arrived the reception staff where friendly and welcoming and checked us in quickly. Wasn't shown to our room but was pointed in a direction. Our room was lovely decorated. The bathroom was slightly disappointing, mould growing around the shower. In the sitting area there was a huge stain on the window and on the carpet next to the bed was a red stain. Dust around the mirror and on the wardrobe. Cleanliness could be better. Ordered room service and without our knowledge they charged us £3.00 per delivery per tray even though we tipped the waiter. We came back around 11.30pm to have a drink in the bar but was told they were shut and we had to order room service which slightly put a damper on the end of the night. Beds comfy but the room got warm over the night. Overall good stay and would go back. We stayed in room 154

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback. It is always a great help when our guests let us know of any issues that they experienced so that we can improve our service. I have made our Housekeeping team aware of the problems you mentioned with the room and they will act on your comments immediatley.

We you to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I have just had our wedding reception at the hotel over the weekend. What can we say other than it couldn't have been more perfect!! The hotel and all of its staff exceeded any of our expectations and I couldn't recommend this hotel enough! The customer service is on a completely different level to what you experience these days - the staff cannot do enough for you.
Our wedding coordinator leading up to the big day was Dean who made us feel reassured throughout the entire run up to the big day. On the actual day of the wedding we had Eray and his team looking after us and I must say what an absolute credit to the hotel these staff really are. Eray was helpful, organised and absolutely faultless. When my husband and I first got shown the ballroom which had been set up for our wedding breakfast I was literally speechless. It was spectacular. Everything was beyond what I had ever dreamt it would be! When we sat down for our meal the staff truly made the entire wedding party and guests feel special. A young woman named Izabella made me feel like royalty! She was quite possibly the best example of customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. She not only treated me like a princess but was fantastic with all of the children at our wedding. Many of the guests told us throughout the day how good the entire team were, in particular Izabella. The food was absolutely delicious, and the childrens meals we were particularly impressed by. After the meal, the room was transformed for our evening reception and again looked breathtaking. The party really got started with possibly the best DJ we have ever come across named Mark. He played every request and kept the dance floor packed from start to finish. The food for our evening reception went down a real treat - there was plenty to go round and it was just delicious! A cocktail table had been set up where guests could buy a selection of cocktails and shots - they even did fishbowls which seemed to be a real hit. We didn't know anything about this- it was a great added touch. There were enough bar staff working hard throughout the night and people got served quickly by friendly staff.
Our honeymoon suite was beautiful - a four poster bed covered in rose petals and complimentary bath robes etc. Other guests who had decided to stay were also impressed by their rooms. The breakfast the next morning didn't disappoint with plenty to choose from and again helpful and friendly staff.
We really cannot express our full appreciation to all the hard working staff at this hotel who made our wedding so special. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean throughout and has fantastic food. You really cannot get any better and the value for money is superb. Thankyou to all involved especially Dean, Eray and Izabella who are possibly the most hard working staff we have ever met.

• Stayed: May 2013
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your wedding with us at Mercure Bradford Bankfield. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your special day at the hotel so much. I will certainly share your comments with all of my team. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had high hopes when we arrived at this listed building, but our room turned out to be in the block that looked as if it had been built in the 1960s. The room seemed fine, although the whole block was a little run down and the carpets in the corridors looked filthy. There were other minor niggles - there was no security chain on the door and the peephole had been taped over, and the bathroom door did not lock, it was diffcult to alter the heating in the room as the radiator control was hidden between the desk and the wall.. Unfortunately, that night we found that the mattress was very thin and the springs creaked every time we moved, so it was uncomfortable and noisy giving us less than adequate sleep. The real problem was with the shower, which provided very hot water or extremely hot water, making it impossible to have a comfortable shower. On the first morning we complained and were told that the maintenance man would look at it and other guests had made similar complaints. Nothing happened, so on the second morning we complained again and were told that if the maintenance man could not fix the problem we would be moved. That evening we were told that the problem was too extensive to be fixed quickly and the only move that could be offered was to a room along the same corridor where it was likely that the same problem would occur. I asked about the rooms in the newer wing of the hotel and was told that they were available at £25 per night extra. Bizarrely on the last morning I got a cold shower but there was no point in complaining because this hotel does not care about the guests who are not prepared to pay the £25 per night supplement. This is not a hotel I will be revisiting and I would urge others to avoid it unless they are happy paying the £25 per night surcharge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

The problems you encountered during your stay are of great concern, as achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction is our aim. I would welcome the opportunity for you to discuss your comments with my Reception Manager. If you would like to call her on 01274 519 300 I would be very grateful.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Reception, room service, bar - wherever I was in the hotel, everyone with whom I interacted was terrifically friendly, helpful, polite and cheerful, which made for a very enjoyable stay. That said, the free Wi-Fi was too slow and paying for Wi-Fi in hotels makes my blood boil, hence only 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
004GM, General Manager at Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear guest,

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are proud of our staff and service given and we are pleased to see they excelled again. Please accept our apology that you found the WIFI to be slow during your stay. We do hope you use our hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was very impressed with the receptionist who checked me in - she was warm, friendly and welcoming. I had a lovely room very large and clean and the cooked breakfast was excellent. It was only a one night stay for business purposes but I really enjoyed the hotel. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Well done mercure.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback! I am so glad that our receptionist made you feel so welcome and you enjoyed the breakfast. It is always a pleasure to read that our efforts have been recognised. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I contributed to the wedding over the w/end 26/4. The package was excellent, the staff worked extremely hard and nothing was too much trouble, any request was immediately responded to and the sun even came out to order. I would genuinely recommend anyone looking to book a venue to go and have a look at the Mercure Banksfield, the attitude of the staff helped make the day perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barnaby73_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your recent visit . It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel so much. I will certainly share your comments with my team. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel very soon.

Emily Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bingley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#3 of 27 in Bradford
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel? Share your experiences!