“Excellent food, terrible service”
Review of Spice of India

Spice of India
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I've ordered takeaway many times from here and it has always been excellent. On this occasion we went to eat in the restaurant. We waited 15 minutes and had to ask 4 times for our drinks to be served after sitting down.
The food was served and was excellent as usual but one of the waiters took my food away without asking when I wasn't looking before I had finished. I then had to complain about this but within 10minutes they brought a fresh dish out (although this did seem rushed as they had made a mistake)
Motto of this, only order takeaway as the service at the restaurant is terrible.

There are newer reviews for Spice of India

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Well done Shamie and team had another delicious takeaway from you guys on sat at our friends in Nelson and it was the best I have ever had! We sometimes visit the restaurant with the friends and we have never been disappointed well done guys keep up the good work!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been going here since i was about 9 years old! The staff are so welcoming and friendly, the food is amazing and the service great. Not once have i been able to fault them.

The resturant looks good and is family friendly! I would recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spice of India serves delicious food in the restaurant and also delivers takeaways. We especially rate their menu as it includes a better-than-usual selection of vegetarian and seafood curries, and they are always happy to offer vegetable side dishes as main course options. The staff are really helpful.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

From looking at it from the outside you might not expect it but if you want a really good Indian meal in Lancashire then this is the place you need to go.

There is a good menu with a decent amount of choice - enough so that you can have something that really appeals but not so big that it is overwhelming. The staff are excellent - friendly and professional and genuinely helpful, the premises are very clean and well presented and the food itself is superb - tasty, good sized portions and at a sensible price.

I would highly recommend it!