“Affordable, Accommodating and Helpful”
Review of Coniferous Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cherrapunjee
Coniferous Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Cherrapunjee B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days, found the place really nice for the price at which they were offering the rooms.

The folks who run the place were very helpful and friendly to us. Was provided with the best possible options on how to plan our activities while we were at Sohra(Cherrapunjee). They got us in touch with the best possible guide for our trek to the Living root bridge at Nongriat.

More importantly we were given the necessary warnings about the local situation with regards to bandhs and hartals, which was vital in our overall planning.

Will visit again when we are in cherrapunjee next.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MathewArun

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay in cherapunjee. Our room was lovely and clean, with hot water which was a nice treat after walking! The staff are really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They organised us a great trek to the double decker bridge, although I would say unless you want to know a lot about the area (which we did!), you could easily do this walk without a guide.

The food in the restaurant was delicious, and they bought beer in for us specially when we asked if they sold it.

When we asked about a taxi to Shillong, we ended up getting a lift with the owners brother in law, which was really kind.

A great family run hotel with a warm welcome!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SWJ-85
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is an awesome place to stay in Cherrapunji..
Good food, great hospitality, great experience.. The owners are very friendly and are always there to help you for anything..
Affordable, Clean, Spacious Rooms and Friendly people..What more one wants..!
\m/

Room Tip: If you are bunch of friends (boys), request the owner and tell her that you won't be create any...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AniketBhagat
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Coniferous resort.....................the most well suited resort for any tourist visiting the wettest place on earth! Its beautifully located.....the scenic beauty around the entire resort is just breath taking and lends a freshness to the place......and is at its best during the monsoon......u can hear the stream running from inside the resort.....the rooms are pretty cosy with the cute little attached baths...and they are undoubtedly sterile...i was impressed by this aspect of the resort......and how can i forget to mention the hospitality of the owners...Mr. Dhakhar and Ilapynsuk............simply charming and warm...their alluring nature just adds to the beauty surrounding the resort...i was glad to come in touch with such people who define simplicity to its best...the food- sumptuously cooked...makes you go back to the cuisine at home!.... And so..as its quoted at the reception desk- it indeed makes you “FEEL AT HOME”....................................priya...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Priya279
Reviewed July 30, 2013

it was a good place ... the owners are extremely friendly ... a very quite plce to stay .. very near to most of the tourist spot specially the 7 sisters fall .. amazing view frm the room in the mrng hours
milk tea in the morng is a must have if u r staying in that place... its too good !!

Room Tip: try to take the room in upper floors and that facing the road ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sounok
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The backdrop is amazing. Very nice hospitality and food is good. Need to add a few more rooms.Its very near to the view points. The place is very quite and during the night all you can hear the voice of the running water, it seems like raining 24/7. The rooms are spacious and clean. The room tarrif is very affordable. We had a great time. Hoping to visit again, very soon.

Room Tip: No tip as all the rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shaan_sh
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have always gone out with family and have always stayed in 5 star properties laced with amenities and facilities that can make me feel "comfortable". .and I had thought that was the only way to vacation until ...I reached a point in my life where I found myself wanting to be with myself. I had thought of a perfect location ..Cherapunji...as my travel was not planned I did not get my preferred 5 star property,,but despirate to wanting an escape ..I settled for coniferous resort.

I had not expected much ...but I was in for a surprise..the property is not 5 star in visual appeal or rates ...but it is commendable for ..the warmth and security it can provide to its guests...

I remember how I reached when it was already late in the afternoon and the sun just set after an hour I came ...knowing that I was alone ..the owners offered me to come with them and their family and spend some time...

The site seeing of the Bangladesh border ...and they went to an extent of offering me ...personally made meals.

I stayed there for 3 days and each day I felt that some one was closely guarding my solo adventure in the city in which I had known none .

I know that if not for the people of the resort my first Solo trip in India would not have been what it was...Today I stay in Manila ...and I must say that I have a belief that I can do it again here outside my country...and I must say the Resort and the people in it have much to contribute in that belief.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Sameera S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherrapunjee
Polo Orchid Resort
#6 of 8 in Cherrapunjee
Silver Brook
Silver Brook
#15 of 41 in Shillong

Been to Coniferous Hotel? Share your experiences!