“No Improvement and No acceptance of Faults”
Review of Hotel Nirmala

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imphal
Hotel Nirmala
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Imphal
“No Improvement and No acceptance of Faults”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Alas.... after my last review about this hotel 2 months back. This time (21st June) I thought to give this hotel another try and hoped that they would have improved themselves after reading my last review. But when I called them for room booking, the hotel manager first argued with me that how dare I write such review and then warned me not to do it. And flatly told me that they will not give room even if they have it vacant. I wonder how this kind of hotel survive with such kind of attitude and bad behavior with revenge attitude towards hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Adityansingh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Guwahati, India
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had read negative reviews about this hotel and hence was very skeptical while checking in at this hotel during my first visit to Imphal in mid May. However, my apprehensions were put to rest from the time I signed in. Cordial staff, clean rooms and good food made me like the hotel in no time at all. The hotel is located at about a twenty minute drive from the airport- in the mid of the city and in a secure locality just close to the City Police Station. Though the price of food was on the higher side, overall the hotel provided good value for money. The front desk can however go through a bit of renovation and decorations. To sum it up, in a place like Imphal where good hotels are not plenty, Hotel Nirmala is a good find for people travelling on business or pleasure trips.

Room Tip: Go for a VIP suite with balcony. Lovely spacious rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank pulakbhatta
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived in Imphal without having booked any hotel since we were not aware Imphal is such a booming city that absolutely ALL hotels were full. The Nirmala was kind enough to offer us a solution and managed to find a room which was Ok. The room was very clean but red bugs were walking around freely (maybe this is partly due to the Indian habit of eating in the rooms and leaving dirty dishes on the floor in front of the rooms!). After 2 days some renovated rooms became free so we were upgraded. These rooms were really nice, newly furnished, very clean and modern. The staff was always helpful and courteous. The restaurant was so-so since one day we had mushy canned vegetables but the other day we got a very nice byriani.
However, when we checked out we were charged twice for the first room and the price of the second room was higher than originally communicated to us. Unfortunately we didn't check bill when we paid so we realized we paid much more (about 3000 Rs) only at the airport.
So beware of this type of mistakes and double check your bill when you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet but lack windows. Rooms at the front have been recently renovated s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ailenroc13
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most rubbish, absurd and pathetic hotel service and behavior I have ever seen in my entire life and believe me I travel a lot and stayed in 100s of hotels, of all kind and place. Hotel Nirmala's manager and room service boys behaved in most rude mannaer when I complained about uncleanness of the room. The started doing ceiling plaster work while Im in room and left without cleaning the sand and cement on floor, on complaining they forced my friend to leave my room since it was booked for single person. Also they booked same room to 2 different people for same date and forced me to shift to a lesser quality room. They r renovating their rooms to attract more customer but with such behavior and mismanagement they will loose more customers. I sweared not to return to this hotel ever and also told everyone from my company. PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL while travel to Imphal.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Adityansingh

Travelers are raving about these Imphal hotels

DELGFA
Reviewed January 26, 2013

In the midst of capital city Imphal, this is a good hotel having restaurant, and the conference hall with all the facilities. The food is of good quality though the restaurant at the first floor is of average look. Nice place to stay for few days

Room Tip: Rooms on the posterior side are peaceful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank DELGFA
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 12, 2011

the hotel is centrally located in the main market area and convenient for the business people visiting the place for transaction of their business. economical. and food is good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank amarnath230950
Jalgaon, India
Reviewed July 27, 2010

hotel is realy good we stay there for 20 days and the food and the other ameneties like LCD TV and tata sky was there. with 24 hours electricity facilities.etc over all its a nice hotel location is good police station is just opposite the hotel so the fear is less.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank izakpaul

Been to Hotel Nirmala? Share your experiences!