“Worst hotel in Koroni”

Ranked #3 of 4 Koroni B&B and Inns
Bellingham, WA
“Worst hotel in Koroni”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

First, I'll admit it's been a few years since we were there. Traveling with our 2 kids, aged 8 and 15, we were forced to take two room. We arrived in Koroni by chance and didn't have any reservations, and in early August, there is nothing much left. They charged us 90 E/night for each room, no breakfast, and the worst reception of any place we've ever stayed. I am Greek-American, and the reception staff seemed to revel in insulting me and my family at every opportunity, including my balking at the price. They yelled at us about using the air conditioning on a 104 degree day. The room was uninspired. There are far better choices in Koroni, an absolute paradise of a village with wonderful, friendly people. I dream of returning, but there are far better choices. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived at 14:00.The reception was empty.After searching for someone to help us we finally got to our room.The room was dirty and dusty and so was the bathroom.We paid 70 euros a night including a poor breakfast.The only thing worth mentioning in that hotel was the amazing view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k k

Travelers are raving about these Koroni hotels

Reviewed February 26, 2013

last year I spend a worthwile period at this hotel and as I saw everything was great!from the time I spend there I can tell with certainty that korwnh at least has become my favourite place and as I call her my 'little paradise' !!!korwnh combines all the kinds of fun..from extreme sports to clubing and peaceful meals!as far as the hotel is concerned, it was absolutely friendy,with a breathless view at all the deep blue and the korwnh,it has access directly to the see as it is barely 50 m from it,its family hospitality is undisputable with excessive characters and as for the staff assessment they are all kindly with not a clue of bad behave...I have many friends who have visited that hotel and their opinion is the same as mine!besides, they have introduced it to me.furthemore, I would also like to add the fact that the hotel is very confident inside and outside as it has and you can have access everywhere and it's only 1km far away from korwnh in a tranquil area.you can really enjoy your baths at this unterminable beach under the hotel..!last but not least, it's worth for one more reason which is the unique traditional food and the fresh fish! really worthwile....

Room Tip: all the rooms have equally a beautiful view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dhmhtra m
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 25, 2012

It's an old hotel with the copper pipes showing on the bathroom walls. The shower was unacceptable and the beds not made. The worst of it all though was the confrontation my boyfriend experienced when he asked for the receipt after he had paid the agreed amount. He was taken down to the restaurant (which they use as an office) and intimidated by both owners to the point where they physically attacked him for insisting on the issuance of the legal receipt. When warned that we would call the police they threatened to say that we had not paid and continued to push and shove and physically threaten my boyfriend. Thankfully my boyfriend was able to hold his own and get out of there without a scratch. It was truly the scariest and most horrifying experience I have ever had at a hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank kyprea3
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel facilities were unacceptable. The service was terrible. The rooms were old. But on top of all that the owners ATTACKED us trying to intimidate when we required the legal receipt. Please do a favor to yourself and stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KosMar
Reviewed September 13, 2010

It's an old hotel that needs renovation, the owner is inhospitable, brusque and urgently needs lessons of good behaviour. Whats' more, he refused to issue a receipt. After some kind of pressure from our side, he hardly issued one to the 1/3 or the originally agreed amount. Not recommendable whatsoever,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank Theano_10
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel was very old (more than 40 years), very miserable and more significant, very very DIRTY. The bathroom was awful with all the accessories damaged or broken.
The hotel was situated in a marvellous place overlooking the sea.
It is very pity that the hotel was managed by such unprofessional persons/staff.
Last but not least, it was very expensive: 73e for a night with such quality of services are too much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Fanny V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koroni
Colonides Beach Hotel
#5 of 21 in Kalamata
Apartments Xenios Zeus 2
Apartments Xenios Zeus 2
#11 of 22 in Koroni

Been to Hotel Auberge De La Plage? Share your experiences!