Elite City Resort
$76
$109
Haikos Hotel(Kalamata)
$88
All reviewsmain buildingparking placewednesday afternoonsan excellent restaurantpool partyweekend triplocation is fantasticlunch and dinner buffetlogical pricesamazing poolbasketball courthotel reception staffsea viewbig poolpool barnice hotelthe water is crystal clear
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I came on a business trip for a weekend. The hotel looks always very busy and the staff seems busy into their own business. The gave me a room not ready to be used.They barely apologized.The beach was crowded wit hlocals so one guest doesn't have many chances to finf a decent umbrella to go under. In the room it was Ok, clean and enough spacey. In the evening and after 9 o' clock a live orchestra wit hloud music didn't make me rest AT ALL. My protests were taken into little account,This hotel has local clients that use it as a pastime as the program was supposed to finish a t 2 o'clock. So I was transformed into a ghost and I was wandering in Kalamata bars until the designated time that was quite enough to go to sleep. I will definitely avoid staying into this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: never r chose a beach front room in the summer. It is a noise generator underneath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank georgepap_10
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here for a week as I have family in Kalamata but wanted some privacy for my fiance and I. Right across the street form the beach and some tavernas. A bit far from the city center but I am uses to walking everywhere; I also rented bikes for the day and biked to various coves around the outskirts of Kalamata. The Elite has an awesome breakfast, pool and is a mini resort. The best accommodations in Kalamata are here. In the summer they have a huge day party buy the pool and on another night they have a night party by the pool. All of my cousins say this is the best party of the week during the summer. I would stay at Elite again yet my only problem was upon checkout when they overcharged me by mistake and I didn't realize until I was in Athens, they did quickly correct this though.

Room Tip: Beach front room for a few more euros.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is by far your best choice in Kalamata! By the way, Kalamata is a wonderful place with kilometres of beaches and a mountain at the same time. Elite is a 4 star hotel which can easily compete many 5 star hotels around the world. Cleaness, comfort, service, food, private beach, easy access to everything, really competitive prices at this time of the year....and all these in a city that offers plenty of beauty, culture, activities, airport, plenty of tavernas and pubs with local and international food, etc....Walking by the beach towards the harbour (direction towards the city) takes only 25 to 30 minutes in a slow style; otherwise you take the bus from outside the hotel, or by taxi. I would suggest you rent a car to discover the area of Messinia and Laconia (Sparta) and the nice villages in the Taygetos mountain. In about 30 minutes drive, you can reach the village Selitsa (ano Selitsa which means upper Selitsa) located at 1000m high up in Taygetos; this will be a fantastic experience, the view is breathtaking ! One hundred meters from the hotel you will see the taverna ESPERIA, where you can taste a PIKILIA (variety of meat and sea food, salad, cheese, sausages, potatoes,etc....) really large portions, good quality, very low prices!

I know all the hotels in the area, as I have spent my first 18 years of my life in Kalamata, and since then I return every year. This is really a hotel you will never regret for having chosen. If you can avoid the high season, say between mid-July and end of August, the better! Front rooms have a nicer view but there will be some noise from the street. In any case, you will spend most of your time directly at the beach....so the sea view is not that critical. Accessing the beach is very easy because they have constructed an short underground passage, so you do not need to cross the street. You can as manny towels for the beach as you want at the bar of the hotel and you return them at your convenience. For Internet connection, you just a code at the reception (it is free).

Room Tip: Ask for sea view if you do not mind the noise....
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sitolakis
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Room cleanliness is my #1 priority, and this hotel met my needs when I visited in September 2009. After driving passing all of Kalamata I was so relieved to see a modern hotel on the outskirts. I was unable to obtain a room overlooking the beach and was in a back room with a view of the wings of the hotel. The air conditioning was weak. On the plus side, there was room service with good food, although the menu was set and no alterations were allowed. The concierge was very helpful planning my travel in the surrounding areas and explained all about the olive business. I will definitely return, but call in advance next time to get a room in the front.

Room Tip: Check view from room in advance
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

A hotel on the beach,with very good ratio of comfort/ cost.Excellent breakfast and friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business