“Nice fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of To Limeni

To Limeni
Ranked #21 of 150 Restaurants in Kalamata
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
athens
“Nice fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great variety of fresh fish - probably the best place in Kalamata for fish.
Nicely served and very good service.
Not cheap but worth the money you pay.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kifissia12

• Greek first
  • Polish first
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,919 helpful votes
“The Best Fresh Seafood Restaurant by far in Kalamata….Simply Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Before setting off for my 10 day tour in Mani –the purpose of which was to dig out ‘gems’ (hotels, restaurants, scenic villages, hidden beauty of coasts) to enrich my Guides, I came across this specific restaurant. I was out for the very best Seafood restaurant as I wanted the tour to end in the most appropriate way. The truth is that I ‘studied’ a lot the reviews before booking anywhere to avoid traps or disappointment.

TO LIMENI is a Signature Restaurant favored by many celebrities and its high standards and good reputation makes it rank first on the charts. After having lunch here I have to agree that it deserved to stand where it is –Top!

LOCATION: It is located in the west coast of the city opposite the Yacht Marina. There is a big parking lot on the side and this is a huge relief for drivers.

THE RESTAURANT: The options of dining is both inside and out. The interior has simple lines of elegance and style and a modern touch that makes it unique. The garden terrace is secluded by pots of flowers in line around the seating area and there are huge white garden umbrellas to prevent heat or possible cloudbursts. The colour of white predominates through the building creating an air of freshness and brightness. The bar’s corner has a stand of crystal glasses hanging from a base, while the top decorations reminds the Greek country life.

CUISINE: Serves exclusively fresh fish and seafood but the catalogue includes meat recipes as well. The owner was telling me that his family is involved in farming and horticultural so the products served here are mainly the family’s own produce.
In almost every restaurant I visited throughout the region all these days of having the tour, I noticed that the majority of businesses serve their own products since the land is rich in agriculture. The area fames for the excellent quality of Virgin Olive Oil so there is no way you can have something else. I find the Greek Oil the best in the world in quality and taste.
In this cuisine you will find traditional and flavorsome dishes cooked in authentic tastes of the Greek cuisine. There is no way to leave disappointed!!

THE MENU LIST: We had a look on the list and thought to start with a platter of mixed boiled vegetables. They were nicely presented and had an appealing appearance, and were crunchy to keep their nutrient value. -€4.60.
Because we had a long way to go and we were still quite far from Athens we avoided alcohol completely and had a soft drink instead.
We had a portion of red fried mullet 300gm for €13.80. They were the catch of the day the owner told us and you could tell. They were yummy!
My husband asked for mussel rice ‘midopilafo’ for €9.80 while I had a portion of grilled prawns. The first was really filling and rich of flavor and taste. My own dish of grilled prawns was –the piece de resistance, simply ambrosia!
Prawns were so fresh that I did not even bother to sprinkle any oil on top or lemon. They were tender, juicy and heavenly! €12.60.
I forgot to mention the small dish of anchovy we had. I always love to have one whenever I get to a seafood restaurant. I get ideas and I prepare them at home. The taste was exquisite and the garlic flavor on top added to its flavor. -€7.50.
Fresh fish is served at €50.00 a kilo here, while a kilo of lobsters costs €60.00. The lobster-pasta dish ‘astakomakaronada’ costs €68.00 but this is enough to be shared between 3 even 4 persons! The signature ‘limeni’ salad is at €8.60. The menu includes also several vegetarian dishes.

WINE LIST: The restaurant has both local wine and bottled. Half a kilo of local wine comes in a carafe and costs €4.00. The wine list has multiple brand names of popular wineries. The cheapest costs €20.00 and the most expensive one is at €35.00.

DESSERT: The tantalizing desserts brought were a delight! I only tried a bite of each to be honest, leaving my husband to get the rest of the pleasure of sensation. Ι confined myself to a cup of Greek coffee to keep me alert for the trip back to Athens.

The overall experience was excellent. The service prompt and courteous, the freshness and good quality of what we had really made the difference. I had heard that the restaurant was good but I did not imagine that it would have been so good. Dining or having lunch out here can prove also ideal for Business meetings or social events.

Prices are a bit high but they are justified by the type and quality of what the restaurant offers. I would definitely return if I am in the area and I highly recommend it for all the above reasons.

Costa, keep the high standards as they are today! Your business is simply the best.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank greekcypriot2009
“Delicious food and excellent service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Limeni is an amazing restaurant just outside the marina of kalamata and is by far the best!!! The food is excellent with a big variety, fast service, friendly environment and very clean. I definately advise whoever visits kalamata to enjoy a lunch or dinner there!!!

• Visited April 2013
Athens
“Nice stop after a long walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

After a walk along the sea we had our lunch in "To Limeni" reataurant. Nice atmosphere, tasteful food, excellent service. I totally recommend it .

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank DThes
achladohori
“meals at To Limeni”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very good food with good choices, friendly service, nice location beside the marina. We are frequent users.

Visited August 2012