“Excellent choice!!!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We loved this restaurant and his staff!!! It's the only restaurant near the port where you can eat special greek and european dishes !!! Everything was top quality and we found local greek specials!
The prices are too low for us for what we tasted! We tried other restaurants in kalamata unfortunately we found this one the last 2 days of our trip ! No restaurant was like this one!
Try some mezedes they help you to decide the best and don't forget to ask to eat kotsi i think they called it!!!!Special!!!!Try sfela and spaggettis!!!The portions are very good!!!The service very polite and helpful!!! Just try it!!!! we'll be back for sure in summer thank you for everything!!!!

1  Thank barn l

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a classic stop for people visiting Kalamata. In summer there are tables on the dock and in winter you sit in a very smart restaurant indoors. Katelanos is known for its 'pikilia' a platter with various tibits to munch on while drinking. Thease are quite substantial in size so you wond go hungry. There is also an a la carte menu (not very extensive) but definitely well cooked and tasty. This is a good choice!

2  Thank Ectoras_gr
Reviewed November 6, 2013

You should definitely try this restaurant! If you are lucky you'll try the traditional dishes of the day with pure materials !!!! Definitely there will be eating again !!!
I love the friendly staff !!! Keep it up my friends , you do everything difficulty for the best for your customers !!!

1  Thank carry m
Reviewed May 24, 2013

-Visited a couple of other places before this one while in town, but this is the first place I was not made to feel like a tourist. Reasonably priced, friendly staff and an assortment of delicacies prepared fresh. Clean and prompt, I was offered tastes of dishes I haven't tasted before and ended up ordering again and again after that...The Poikilia medley is exquisite and the stuffed pepper appetizer to die for. Visited the restaurant a total of three times and was pleased and satisfied EVERY time..

2  Thank Jax T
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been to this restaurant two summers in a row and I will be going back this summer as well!!! This place is family owned and uses the freshest ingredients. The waitstaff is pleasant and friendly and the food is superb!!! I still dream about their pikilia plate which is a masterful appetizer plate with a delicious combination of meats, cheeses, veggies and more! The risotto with fresh shrimp is excellent to get as a main course and don't forget to order the Dako plate which is a traditional bread rusk slathered with tomato, feta cheese and domestic Kalamata olive oil. It is so simple yet so delicious! The roasted Florina peppers with the spicy cheese spread are a yummy appetizer as well. The location is great and they have seating right by the water. It's a perfect place for lunch after going to the beach or dinner and drinks. Can't wait to go back!

I am confused by the 2 stars from the review above, maybe he went to a different restaurant. I can't believe this restaurant would get anything less than 5 stars. Try them and I promise you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Kikilt