“I'll be back in season”
Review of Peg's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fogo Island
Peg's Place
Ranked #2 of 5 Fogo Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

When I arrived, no one was home, but a quick phone call, and Eileen came and showed me the home and my room. Everything was neat and tidy. Eileen suggested places to go and see. Unfortunately, I was there in October. I'm sure, if I come back in the summer, when all the touristy things are open, I would have a great time. Eileen's husband was practicing music when I came in around supper time, and it was a nice backdrop to review my pictures. If I ever get the chance to visit Fogo Island again, I would love to stay at Peg's. I didn't get a chance to enjoy breakfast, because it was soooo cold on the island, I left early to catch the ferry. I did make use of the kitchen though in the evening and made some toast and tea. I felt like I was at home in my own apartment.

Room Tip: I chose the downstairs room because I was alone and don't need much space. If you like more mov...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Grannybiker

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Eileen and Gerald are terrific hosts. Our room was lovely, breakfast delicious and the tips for seeing the island very helpful. We really enjoyed our one night with them and only wish that we could have had another night or two. Definitely would recommend staying at this Fogo gem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1uvthe5un
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I with three other couples all stayed at Peg's Aug. 5th & 6th , 2011, we had booked the four rooms of the main house part of this B&B and we were all absolutely delighted with all aspects of our stay in Fogo and particularily the warm reception at hospitality from Eileen and Gerald, owner operators of the B&B. The location is great, nearby restraunts, bank, durg store and convienence stores all the middle of one of the most scenic areas you'll ever find. Accomodations were great, clean comfortable rooms and what they called a continental breakfast was far beyond what I've experienced at many much higher priced establishments, and all prepared as you sit at the table waiting to be served. We actually had cool weather ( too cool for even us Newfoundlanderd ) while we were there but that was overcome by the hospitality, we happen to by amature musicans and had instruments with us and ended us having a most wonderful time each night in a " kitchen party " with Gerald and some of his friends, including a very good young accordion player named Mark, I think he was taught to play by Gerald.
They have a motto in one of the common area rooms which says something to the effect of " arriving as strangers and leaving as friends " . All eight of us definitely left content with the fact that we had just made new friends in Eileen and Gerald and we hope they feel the same . We are all Newfoundlanders, we've done a lot of travelling outside the province and have visited almost all of this province , glad we didn't miss Fogo and it's people. Whatever the cost to get there, you'll consider it cheap when you been and seen for yourself. Our group is a hard bunch to please but Fogo and Peg's B&B did it without any change to their regular ways. Thanks .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank clayt_11
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I agree that Eileen and Gerald are great hosts....proud Fogo Islanders to boot! My wife and two kids stayed for one night in July and we enjoyed every moment on this island. Hopefully this place will retain its rustic charm. People like Eileen and Gerald (and scores of other locals that we met) can teach the rest of Canada a thing or two about hospitality and friendliness.

Our rooms were adequately comfortable, breakfast was tasty and the location is very convenient. Keep up the great work. We'll be back.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank westyboy
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed only 1 night, and wish we would have planned for a couple more ! Eileen and Gerald are wonderful hosts -- so warm and friendly. The living room area was a great place to visit with other guests, and enjoy Gerald's music -- loved it.
Our room was comfortable -- great view of the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Klufas
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We recently spent six nights at Peg's and were more than happy with the experience. Eileen is a lovely hostess. She and her husband Gerald welcomed us warmly and made us feel at home. They were very informative and extremely helpful throughout our stay.
Our room was tiny but cozy with our own en-suite bathroom. Very comfortable and clean. Our windows provided gorgeous sunrise views of the fishing boats outside of the co-op's crab plant.
Complimentary breakfasts were delicious - fresh coffee and tea; juices; homemade breads and jams; hearty bowls of porridge and fruit.
The common sitting area was well appointed with books, magazines and information on island destinations. A nice spot to meet and chat with other guests.
Peg's is very well situated in Fogo, the community with the most conveniences on the island (a bank; a drug store; two good restaurants - one Chinese, the other a bar/restaurant with local seafood; a convenience store with a good selection of beers, wines and liquor; and a general store). All within walking distance.
All in all, Peg's was a great home base to start and end our very full days on Fogo Island.
Thank you for taking such good care of us, Eileen. And Gerald, we really enjoyed Mark's accordion performance. Thank you for arranging that

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank meganjulie
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Eileen is very organized. Running her B&B is her full time job and she's good at it. Its location is the best on Fogo Island and the town of Fogo is well worth a visit. So far the highlight of our visit to central Newfoundland. If you plan to visit in 2011 book ahead. Word is out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank davis72

Been to Peg's Place? Share your experiences!