I stayed in this hotel for 4 days with my wife. We chose Porto Real because she was going to work nearby and the idea was not to spend a lot of money - not that this is a cheap place, it's just not as expensive as Club Med, just 5 miles away.
Well, I don't have many good things to say about this hotel. Its only remarkable feature is an oceanic pool, that I could not enjoy because of a cold weather.
But I can say lots of bad things:
- horrible food - one of the worst hotel restaurants I've eaten in my whole life;
- small room - you usually want a bigger room in a place you're gonna stay for many days, and their rooms are really small;
- lack of staff - sometimes I needed a towel to go to the pool, or even the most basic stuff, like opening the garage door so I could take my car out, and I'd have to wait for 10 minutes!!!
- poor breakfast - not acceptable in a so called "resort";
- everything is old, outdated.
I was not a pleasant experience, and I would NEVER go back to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 110km far from Rio de Janeiro, the Hotel Porto Real is situated at the Ilha Grande’s Bay. It offers white sand beaches with crystalline water, inside and outside swimming pools, saunas, sport courts, Fitness center by Reebok, Games room, Kids club with toys, Boutique with famous Brazilian clothes, Spa with hot tub, Cyber, rental of motor boats and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Porto Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Porto Real Brazil/Rio De Janeiro - Mangaratiba