It's about 1,5 hour drive from the Rio international airport, I would recommend a transfer.
All the rooms are nicely located on the beach. Besides the resort, there isn't much to do in the surrounding area. But there are a lot of possibilities (extra charge off course) to book excursions at the reception, such as horse rides or water sports. The horse ride was nice!
The main building (semi-open) has a nice bar, terras and restaurant area. The food is always set with large buffets, they are quite good. In weekends it's crowded with rich mainly older brazilians who come to enjoy their free time, they arent much of a bother.
The pool is nicely located next to the main building and next to the beach, very good. Drinks arent expensive, you pay everything on your room key and pay the bill at checkout. Only one minor point; allthough the room is nice, it's a little outdated, especially considering the roomprice you pay. By the way, there is internetroom, sauna, gym, spa, etc.
ps. Mangaratiba pier is only 10 min. by taxi. From there you can take the ferry to the gorgeous island Ilha Grande.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Mangaratiba, southern coast of Rio de Janeiro, between Serra do Mar mountains, in Ilha Grande Bay, in a 2,500 hectares area (25 million square meters). Distances: Rio de Janeiro: 100km / Sao Paulo: 382km / Angra dos Reis: 60km / Paraty: 142km. THE RESORT In a farm with grazing, rivers, preserved Atlantic Forest and a lot of space. Facing the sea, with a 1km long beach, white sands covered by coconut trees and calm sea, Portobello Resort & Safari appreciates the interaction with nature, which also refl ects in the type of construction and the decoration privileging the natural materials, local handcraft and the casualness of a big “beach house”. Wide plain, open areas enable the contact between the guests and offer several opportunities for the performance of several types of events such as get-together parties, weddings, celebrations, animals auctions and sports events. It has the whole structure of leisure and conventions. Perfect for families, couples in honeymoon, leisure groups and for those who enjoy sports and contact with nature. A true paradise for childrens! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Portobello Resort & Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portobello Resort & Safari Hotel Mangaratiba
- Portobello Resort And Safari
- Portobello Resort & Safari Brazil/Rio De Janeiro - Mangaratiba