“Becoming 'our' hotel in Piura!”

LP Los Portales Hotel Piura
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Piura
Rochester, NY
“Becoming 'our' hotel in Piura!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at Los Portales, and both times were very comfortable. The staff is friendly, and suffers my lack of spanish with good nature. They do NOT speak English well, so if you need that, this is not a great place for you. That said, I did not have any trouble making myself understood.

The pool is very nice, and is particularly good for families as it's clearly delineated for deepness. Breakfast buffet is very good, with eggs, tamales, bacon, several breads, many juices etc. Lunch and dinner in the hotel are likewise good.

Our room was spacious 'enough' for us to enjoy 3 days in it, and the bathroom was quite modern and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I just stayed here, it is a very comfortable hotel, the food from the restaurant is very good, but a little pricey and rooms comfortable. Recommended

• Stayed December 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Ths hotel would receive 5 stars, but some of the rooms have not been updated, and some still use a standard key instead of card. That said, it is a gorgeous example of Spanish colonial architecture, There is construction work going on during the day at this time, another thing to ask about if you want to take a siesta. The preious review of the hotel (June 2011) is accurate- the courtyyard is gorgeous, and the hotel personnel (except the front desk) are excellent. The front desk can be slow, and did not inform us that our ride was there until an hour later.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room- they are all different sizes, and in various stages of being redone,
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SpanishParrot
Toronto
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This large hotel was costlier than most of our stays as we drove through Central and South America but it was nice. Very similar to a good quality hotel in North America. It is well-situated on the main plaza and it has a lovely interior sunlit courtyard.

Rooms were tastefully decorated and beds and sheets were excellent quality. Bathroom was modern and all was very clean. Carpeted floor.

Parking was off-site and shared and frankly, a pain to get to and from since roads were under construction. It was open air parking (very dusty) but had 24 hour security.

Food in the restaurant bar was good but expensive and breakfast was excellent quality.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chicasperditatas
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2011

we stayed only 1 night at los portales, but found it to be extremely clean and beautiful. the ceilings were very high, so the room felt huge. the bathroom was amazing--very modern. the lobby, hallways, and dining area were very well-kept and well attended by hotel staff. the hotel is located on a pretty square with restaurants, ice cream shop, drug store. the staff doesn't speak much english, but we managed just fine. overall a nice spot!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Piura, Peru
Reviewed October 27, 2010

No english speaking staff and that's what I expect from a 4-star hotel. I mean, not everybody speaks spanish. Reception staff is unfriendly. In the bar, we had to ask to get back our change money! The waitress got very unfriendly at that moment. There's no elevator. We asked the reception desk for a tourist trip and they arranged the worst taxi driver I've ever seen. Price of the trip was 250 soles (=USD 91). At start he asked the first 50 soles for fuel. That's the first irritation. During the trip he was often using his cellphone, making private calls. In the car was a constant smell of gas. While back in Piura he suddenly stopped somewhere for over 5mins to get an invoice. He should do this in his own time, not ours! We left the car and got back to the hotel ourselves. The driver mr. Mattus was already at the reception and lied by saying that my father-in-law wanted to go to a restroom?! This is definately not 4-star service!! We will never return to this hotel again and will not advise it to anyone. Rooms: reasonable, clean but small bathroom with no ventilation. Beds ok, but the 3rd bed was wobbly. Only 1 free AC-outlet and mixed US and European sockets. Wifi available. Breakfast ok, but I don't want wasps in my marmelade. Location in centre is ok.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank frisian2010
peru
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I would never stay in this place again, they over charged me once I arrived even though I had an internet price, then the room was a basic room with 2-queen beds not a suite as requested, and they seem to have charged me for 2-days when I only stayed 1 day...Need to discuss with credit card company...I left right away because the room was full of Crickets even in our shoes, on the drapes it was disgusting and I called to complain they said they would send someone and no one came...The restaurant was un-air conditioned the meal just o.k. the waiter not very friendly and though the building is very attractive we were very unhappy with this stay ! Overpriced and full of BUGS...If I could I'd ask for my money back on this awful place, not to mention the bed was hard the bathroom to small and the front desk staff not very helpful.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family