“Big Clean Room”
Review of Queen's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hearst
Queen's Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hearst
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This motel is on the highway in Hearst and close to the rail yard if you are taking the Algoma Central Railway's Tour of the Line. The room is large and can accommodate a small family by unfolding the sofa bed.There is a pool and parking right by the door. Meals can be obtained right next door or in town. The room and bathroom were impeccably clean. Amenities are better than you would expect in a motel in a northern community. I would return if I was in Hearst again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back face the train yard, which operates sporadically. In winter, the passenger tra...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Denis D

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a short but pleasant stay overnighting on the magnificent ACR train ride from the Soo.
Our family of 5 were placed in two adjacent but non-adjoining rooms on the non-smoking second floor (access by stairs only). Quiet and very handy to the railway platform.

It seemed like a bit of a risk to book here due to the lack of info and photos online. We needn't have worried - rooms were clean and had small fridge and microwave but not coffeemakers. On a one night layover, no time for the pool regrettably. Rates were reasonable but no breakfast.
You eat next door at the Companion which is ok. Staff were friendly and helpful. I left a scarf behind and they kindly mailed it to my home.

Support the ACR train and visit Hearst! A fabulous trip though probably but about 2 hours too long for non-hard core railfans. The train basically stops in the parking lot behind these 2 hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pizzaknight
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Walked in. My son had to use the washroom for a lack of better words..there was poop and hair on the toilet seat. DISGUSTING!!...HAIR IN THE BED....CLUMPS OF HAIR ON THE FLOOR...SHOWER WAS UNCLEAN.....$248.00 FOR A DATED AND UNCLEAN ROOM. Shameful!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room was clean and the bed was average. The bathroom tub faucet worked but had more water coming out of the faucet than the shower head, when taking a shower. The heater rattled and squeaked all night. Needless to say I didn't get allot of sleep. Thankfully the outside plug in was working because temperatures dipped down below -40. Motel staff did say they would make a note of the problems and have them looked at.

Room Tip: Back rooms have to deal with train yard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TMac_10
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I got what I have asked for here. A descent size room with a nice tv, a extra table for work. Room is clean, staff is friendly. Heated pool and whirlpool is a nice touch too! I am staying here on business for a couple months. Fridge microwave, cupboards for food. Lots of hot water. Only down side is the hwy can be a bit noisy but doesn't really bother me. I am only paying $75 a day so it's a bit cheaper than the villa and 10 times the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessie S
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husbnd and Our two youngest boys (12 and 13) stayed at this motel in august, when we went up to visit our eldest son. We had a room with two double beds, although we tried to get queen sized beds. My husband is 6'4" and boys are 6'1 and 5'11" - the extra space would have been nice. However, the fact that there was a pool made our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PatriciaG88
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service at the front desk was what I would expect - polite and efficient. The room was large, clean and tidy with sufficient towels, soap, etc. There was a little noise in the hallway during the night but nothing the interfered with sleep for long. The price was reasonable but there was no breakfast provided. All-inn-all quite acceptable

Room Tip: The highway noise is not bad but if you are a light sleeper get a room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hearst
Travel Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Cochrane
Companion Hotel/Motel
Companion Hotel/Motel
#3 of 4 in Hearst

Been to Queen's Motel? Share your experiences!