Royal. This is how you would be feel once you stay in this palace hotel. I along with my wife stayed in this 120 year old heritage Taj property for one night on the 25th of Aug 2012. The check in time was 12 noon. But we reached around 9 AM itself, yet had no issues getting a room. Our pampering started right at the moment we stepped in the hotel premises. The hotel staff was well aware of our arrival in advance and recognized me by name. We were greeted with traditional tilak ceremony. We were assigned a dedicated staff member to escort us to our room. She described us about the legacy behind the palace, the facilities in the room and as well as the amenities in the hotel. She even set the AC at a desired temp for us. Also, we were given our WiFi login details right away. Excellent.
We had booked a superior room. Very spacious (especially given the fact that it is the smallest room being offered), clean, tidy. Bed - well made. Linen - pure white with a tinge of blue perfectly blending with the blue ambiance of the room. The room was very well lit and faced the garden directly. There were sit outs along the garden facing windows and a separate sit out area elsewhere in the room as well. The room was a true blend of Gwalior tradition and modern lifestyle facilities. There was a separate dressing room/washroom attached which was again very spacious. It had a laundry basket, a separate luggage space, hangers/rods for clothes, fully stocked toiletries. Everything in place.
Now the other hotel amenities. This palace is right behind the main Scindia residence and servers as a guesthouse for the royal guests of the Scindia family. The passage to the Scindia's residence however remains closed and is opened only for royal guests. The entrance to the Scindia residence/museum is nevertheless not too far and can be reached on foot. The Spa center is very well laid out and well equipped. Swimming pool is huge and looks beautiful. Fitness center has all basic equipments. Pool and fitness center use is complimentary. Plus steam bath is complimentary with the room stay as well. There are numerous lush green gardens within the hotel complex. Fountains, flowers, excellent night lighting makes this palace look stunning in both day and night.
The restaurant. Silver Saloon. We had our buffet breakfast here. Food - Lavish, elaborate and tasty.
Whether it is reception, restaurant, spa center, housekeeping - everybody available at a call's notice. And guess what, sometimes without too. The hotel staff keeps visiting you by themselves to ask you if you need anything. And they cater to your needs with the minutest of detail as well.
Go for it. Without a second thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Usha Kiran Palace has played host to the King of England and is now a heritage hotel. Set amidst 9 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns, this 120 year old regal palace, rich in history, is outfitted with artistic stone carvings and delicate filigree work. Conveniently located, the hotel has 40 beautiful rooms including Villas with private pool and suites, a dining room truly reminiscent of royalty, a Bar and the award winning Jiva Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Usha Kiran Palace, Gwalior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Usha Kiran Palace Gwalior
- Usha Kiran Palace Hotel Gwalior