this hotel gives you really the semsatio of how it would be a guest of the maraja!
in fact the property of the palace is still of the maraja which lives in the near palace.
the room was incredibly big and with very high ceiling that helped us to have a good sleep even with a/c off despite the hot outside temperature (we hate the noise of a/c in the night!).
the whole building itself expresses the luxury of a real maraja's residence.
the only disappointing was the breakfast not at the expected level. the only drink available was a fruit juice tha was finish after few minutes and not refilled. the cold milk was rotten and when
we asked for fresh milk the staff response was so slow and after ten minutes they brought us something like 1cc of milk!
this palce deserves a better service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Usha Kiran Palace has played host to the King of England and is now a heritage hotel. Set amidst 9 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns, this 120 year old regal palace, rich in history, is outfitted with artistic stone carvings and delicate filigree work. Conveniently located, the hotel has 40 beautiful rooms including Villas with private pool and suites, a dining room truly reminiscent of royalty, a Bar and the award winning Jiva Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Usha Kiran Palace, Gwalior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Usha Kiran Palace Gwalior
- Usha Kiran Palace Hotel Gwalior