“Cozy & yummy”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After seeing reviews in Trip Advisor we stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the Diefenbunker and before a Senators hockey game.
We were surprised to find almost all the tables full at 2pm, but we did find a spot.
We really enjoyed our fresh and delicious lunches - homemade soup, sandwiches & wraps.
If we hadn't stopped here, we would have gone to a chain restaurant on Terry Fox Drive at the 417. I think this was a much better choice - cozy atmosphere, good food, friendly service.

There are newer reviews for Alice's Village Cafe

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great stop after our tour at the Diefenbunker. Delicious food and even let us order off the breakfast menu very late into the day.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the best coffee & cafe food we have found in 11 months of living in Canada. Reminiscent of cafe dining on Sydney's northern beaches, Alice's Village Cafe is a must for any Aussie/Kiwi who is after a excellent 'normal' coffee and fresh, tasty sit-down food in a friendly, casual environment. We stumbled upon this jewel after visiting the Diefenbunker on a Sunday, and it was packed (always a good sign!!). No problem, the girls brought in table&4 chairs from outside and even offered woolly blankets to protect our bottoms from the snow-frozen wood! Fantastic dining experience, with top notch food (still don't get the canadian potato crisps on the side thing through!) … had to order take-away coffee & sweet treats for the ride home. A huge thank you to all the girls on shift 16/02/14 :)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Alice's Cafe is situated in the heart of the Carp Village and its our little secret. Whenever we want a special lunch we meet there. The food is always fresh and there are great specials every day. Coffee and tea, plus desserts are wonderfully sinful. Its just the place to go for friendly service and lovingly prepared food. Who would expect such excellent service and food quality in our little village - we are so very fortunate to have Alice's Cafe .

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was stopping daily on my way home from work. I will admit that I am a bit fussy about my coffee. I first stopped in and enjoyed that cup of coffee but it seemed to be hit and miss. I had many cards stamped as I went for my free coffee after 9 cups. Lately I had felt that the coffee was stale. I am paying premium prices for their coffee. Hey if it's good, I don't mind, in the city I frequent Starbuck's. I asked the lady behind the counter if the coffee was fresh. She though that it may be 2 hours or more. I thought that was a bit stale for me. She said she had a fresh pot of decaf. That wasn't going to help with my drive home, I declined and she gave me a cup of her mild which she thought may have been newer than the dark roast. When I questioned the age of the coffee she was unsympathetic and said something about not being able to keep up with larger coffeee shops and her profitability. Hmm. If I'm paying premium prices then I want a premium coffee. If Alices wants to sell a cheaper coffee that's cheaper to throw away then they should. I would rather a fresh cheap coffee than a stale "any" coffee. Anyway, that was the answer and the wrong answer for me. So if you are stopping into Alices for the coffee, it's hit and miss. And they are un apologetic about the miss. I prefer fresh coffeee so I will no longer be stopping at Alice's for that hot war brown drink on my way home.