“Our Local Secret”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Alice's Cafe is situated in the heart of the Carp Village and its our little secret. Whenever we want a special lunch we meet there. The food is always fresh and there are great specials every day. Coffee and tea, plus desserts are wonderfully sinful. Its just the place to go for friendly service and lovingly prepared food. Who would expect such excellent service and food quality in our little village - we are so very fortunate to have Alice's Cafe .

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was stopping daily on my way home from work. I will admit that I am a bit fussy about my coffee. I first stopped in and enjoyed that cup of coffee but it seemed to be hit and miss. I had many cards stamped as I went for my free coffee after 9 cups. Lately I had felt that the coffee was stale. I am paying premium prices for their coffee. Hey if it's good, I don't mind, in the city I frequent Starbuck's. I asked the lady behind the counter if the coffee was fresh. She though that it may be 2 hours or more. I thought that was a bit stale for me. She said she had a fresh pot of decaf. That wasn't going to help with my drive home, I declined and she gave me a cup of her mild which she thought may have been newer than the dark roast. When I questioned the age of the coffee she was unsympathetic and said something about not being able to keep up with larger coffeee shops and her profitability. Hmm. If I'm paying premium prices then I want a premium coffee. If Alices wants to sell a cheaper coffee that's cheaper to throw away then they should. I would rather a fresh cheap coffee than a stale "any" coffee. Anyway, that was the answer and the wrong answer for me. So if you are stopping into Alices for the coffee, it's hit and miss. And they are un apologetic about the miss. I prefer fresh coffeee so I will no longer be stopping at Alice's for that hot war brown drink on my way home.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went by for lunch after a visit to the diefenbunker and it is a nice stop to rest. A beautiful building designed to fit in with the village, the flowers in the gardens and the retirement home nearby.
Amazing cappuccino and cinnamon bun. My wife had a panini sandwich which she enjoyed.
A small but cozy patio outside on a warm summer day helped make our visit to Carp very homey

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stopped there for lunch after a tour of the Diefenbunker. I was surprised by how high the prices I were for things as simple as a sandwich - $9 for a grilled cheese. Ok, the sandwich was above average but the chips it was served with we're only average kettle-style. We also all ordered the daily soup (lentil), which was hearty but again, only ok. The diningroom itself was pleasant, but the experience was marred by the blowing cold air registers and the annoying flies buzzing around. You could do worse for lunch but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for this place. Then again, there wasn't much else around either...

2  Thank mjuliennow
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Plan to stop if youre heading to Ottawa from west or visiting the Diefenbunker in Carp! this place is a gem! Excellent coffee and tea.. Delicious soups, paninis, wraps and desserts. We stopped in and ate on the patio. Loved it!