“What a gem near the deifenbunker”

Alice's Village Cafe
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Carp
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Plan to stop if youre heading to Ottawa from west or visiting the Diefenbunker in Carp! this place is a gem! Excellent coffee and tea.. Delicious soups, paninis, wraps and desserts. We stopped in and ate on the patio. Loved it!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I discovered Alice's in May 2013 and have tried the cappucino, latte, and au lait.
Hands down the best coffee place in the Capital area. Coffee comes from Equator Coffee in Almonte.
In the same league as Brulerie St. Denis in Montreal or Manic Coffee in Toronto, and far above what you get in the best coffee chains. I am not commenting on the food as I'm only knowledgeable about coffee, but the food has never disappointed.
Worth the 4 km drive from the 417, or by bicycle, 47 km from Parliament Hill.

1  Thank James L
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After reading all the great reviews, I decided to try Alice's Village Cafe in "downtown" Carp Ontario. I went to the restaurant for a girls night out with my daughter and daughters-in-law. We loved the friendliness of the servers and the dining room was quaint and rustic. Great menu, we chose different dishes, salmon, pork tenderloin, veggie stack and Fitzroy Burger, All food items were fantastic. This was followed by absolutely to die for desserts... including carrot cake with cinnamon cream cheese icing, nanaimo bar. All this for very reasonable prices. We will definitely return.

2  Thank youngmml
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have eaten at Alice's Village Cafe numerous times this Spring and, I must say, it seems to improve with every visit. Alice's has become the hub of West Carleton and is always busy. Since the temporary demise of the Cheshire Cat, the menu at Alice's has expanded greatly. They are now serving breakfast (delicious breakfast sandwiches plus much more) and dinner several nights a week (check with them first about serving hours). At lunch, Alice's always offers 2 daily soups and quiches. All are fresh and delicious. I have also had several of their melts. The most recent was a mouth-watering mushroom-brie on sourdough bread. They serve what is probably the best burger in the Ottawa valley. It is wonderful. Alice's has some of the most original and best tasting desserts around. The other day I shared the most wonderful Lemon Nanaimo bars. Wow! The only down-side to Alice's is still the noise. The accoustics are terrible and it is often very difficult to hear what your companions are saying. On the other hand, they have a lovely little gazebo area outside at the back with a nice view of the Carp Valley and will happily set you up with a table and chairs out there in nice weather. Some of the very best customer service I have ever experienced. Alice's is a gem and we are lucky to have such a lovely place in our midst.

1  Thank Yitselrm
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a great place to grab a great cup of coffee, I wish I drove by here every morning to pick up a cup. The desserts are incredible and very filling. Now that it has added dinner service we visit for our family night out, the menu is small but changes weekly so return visits offer something new. They do offer vegan and gluten free items as well. Reservations are not needed, but if it's a far trip, I'd make them. There are not a lot of seats and one or two large groups in an evening could limit space. Bottom line, the food is excellent both in taste and serving size and the prices are reasonable. For a bistro/cafe, a decent selection of good wines ans beer are also available.

1  Thank Bigdaddy316