“Quite noisy stay”

Vrissaki Hotel Apartments
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Trizas hotel itsel was not that bad: the location was excellent, it was near beach and in the middle of everything! The noise comes from outside: there are three bars (one of them very popular karaoke bar!) and noise from them lasted till 2 a.m. Luckily it took only one night to get used to that - after that sleeping was ok. But would not stay there if I was a light-sleeper or had small children.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kirsi H
There are newer reviews for Vrissaki Hotel Apartments

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love Fig tree bay. My family loves Fig tree bay. My co-workers travel to fig tree bay. And this apartment hotel is in the protaras main strip. Out the door, and you'll have bars, great restaurants, the beach, and lot's of lot's of fun!

I heard the renovated the hotel, with new owners, and i was a bit worried after seeing the reviews from last year to be honest, but i was welcomed by a lovely woman, and got our room immidiatly.

The room was spotless. O.K. decor, but new furniture. Spacious room. The bathroom had new tiles, bath, WC, etc. The kitchen had everything you need in utensils. The only thing I must complain about, is that the rooms on level one doesn't have much view. we were unlucky to get a pavement view. but if we sat and looked to the right,we could have an oceanview. but hey, we only slept in our hotel room, we stayed out 16 hours a day.

You have to pay for the AC, and 10 euro deposit, but you'll get it back if you return the remote.
No free internet, 5 euroes for one day, but it's free wi-fi on a lot of bars around you, go there if you absolute need internet and don't want to pay.

Some people would probably hate the fact the hotel is in the middle of the centre of a lot of bars, but i loved it! And when i closed the windows and doors, it was quiet. If you lay in bed and really listened to the karaoke bar, you'd hear it. But if you are a light sleeper,ask for another room higher up.

The beach is a minute walk away, with bars, restaurants, watersports activities and dolphin cruises.

I'd recommend this hotel to my friends! And if you're a scandinavian travelling with star tour, they will have scandinavian staff a few times a week and a representative from star tour at least once a week.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room for the top floor. It wasn't a problem for me having...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LailaTB
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lovely hotel and special nice staff. I am so grateful to getall information. I did not ask for name of that charming lady, who was serving me almost every day when I was there (6.-13.9), but she was so hearty to me. I got many good advices from her. Thank you very much!
Rooms very tidy and spacious. I will always remember that place. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Munnuri
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Location was great, staff was friendly, room was clean. The beach was near. And there were plenty on good restaurants. Only bad thing was that there was karaoke bar quite near and the singers weren`t so good. If I`ll go to Protaras I would stay at Trizas.

Room Tip: Side sea view means very good sea view from the balconyt!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
2  Thank Leenake
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After a nightmare journey to this desitination we arrived at 5am. My 1st impression was that we were back in the 70's with all the blue and yellow decor. We had a double bed in the bedroom and a bed settee (if you can call it that) and a zed bed that had seen better days. There were actually 5 of us (me, hubby, 3 year old twins and 1 year old toddler) however i just let the lack of beds pass. After 3 days of the room not been cleaned and it starting to smell in the bathroom I had to ask for the room to be cleaned and then got a sob story off the cleaner that they wouldn't employ enough staff to clean etc etc (not what you really want to hear on your jollies). The staff was always grumpy, especially the woman behind reception. The pool was always clean and the small pool was ideal for my children. The location of the hotel was fab, step out straight onto the main strip. If you want no frills then these apartments will suffice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at the Trizas hotel. Nothing had changed from the last time but you get what you pay for. The rooms as basic but there not bad. It can be noisy at times as its right on the main road but thats all part and parcel of the location. It is right in the heart of the resort. You could not wish to be in a better place. There is a down side though!!!! The lift. It looks and feels like it was installed the 70's. It is soo small inside and feels like a rollercoaster going up in it. I was actually trapped in there with two other people for 20 mins at one point. The motor burnt out and it stopped between floors. No light, no air getting through. It was awful. When we did eventually get out there was no apology from the staff at all!!!!! To wrap up, its a decent hotel, just use the stairs!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Cleanliness:
The room was extremely dirty. Towels and sheets were stained with blood and wine. We asked for sheet replacement but the new ones were even worse! There was hair everywhere (tables, sheets, floor, etc). The bathroom was smelly and the sink was clogged.

Sleep Quality:
Sleeping was difficult due to the music and noise coming from the bars across the road.

Rooms:
The room was really dirty and old. Renovation is needed!

Location:
The hotel has a central position in Protaras. Nice beaches are within a walking distance.

Service:
Staff at the reception was friendly and helpful. On the other hand, we are not satisfied with the cleaning service (sloppy and infrequent).

Room Tip: Avoid "promo" rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple