other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Explorer1...
Lancashire
“Disappointed: tired, broken and under resourced”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

Being a frequent user of Trip Advisor, I'm always sceptical of negative reviews, so I'm going to try to be as specific as possible to let you make your own mind up about this Villa Review. You'll see from my other reviews, I'm usually a very positive (and honest) reviewer.

Location: The villa is reasonably well located, very near two lovely beaches which can be reached by a rough track outside the villa. If you have a pram or limited mobility you will need to access these by road which is a slightly longer route and the pavements in this area are limited. The main local area with bars and restaurants that can be accessed by foot are in Pernera which is realistically a 30 minute walk at a decent speed (and this isnt a massive selection). The villa itself is on a lovely private and secure gated estate which is relatively quiet.

We had a number of issues with the villa which we emailed the management company about after our visit. I've copied the email we sent below so that you can see our thoughts on the villa itself...

"I am emailing with regards to our recent stay at Villa Saint Nikolas, Protaras in May 2018.

Whilst the Villa had no single issue that made our stay impossible, we were incredibly disappointed with the overall standard and quality of the villa itself and the fixtures and fittings. I just wanted to make you aware of a long list of issues that really need to be rectified for visitors to the villa. The photographs provided on TripAdvisor were obviously taken when this villa was in prime condition, but are not reflective of the current state of the property.

Pool and Outside Areas

There are a number of missing or loose paving stones on the driveway and around the pool with sharp corners. These were dangerous for adults but especially our small toddler.

One of the sun loungers was broken on our arrival and is not usable. This villa is advertised to sleep 10 people and there are only 5 functioning sun loungers.

The parasol around the pool does not stand up unsupported, we had to wedge this between two sun loungers to use it which was precarious and dangerous.

The yellow cushion covers on the rattan furniture are filthy.

Kitchen

There are only two wine glasses in a villa for 10 adults. This is not good enough. There are an awful lot of shot glasses which we did not use, but seems strange for a villa advertised as not suitable for young groups.

Upstairs Bedrooms

There are no mirrors in two of the three bedrooms upstairs which makes getting ready for the day/night very difficult.

Many of the pillows were old and incredibly lumpy. They need replacing.

Basement 'Apartment'

This was probably the biggest disappointment of the villa. I felt ashamed to ask members of my family to sleep in these rooms which did not seem suitable for habitation.

The basement rooms smelt awful, mainly ?recently painted? or some other chemical smell, but also smelt of sewage at times.

One of the bedrooms in the basement (twin) has no clothing storage whatsoever, this is not good enough.

There is no mirror in the basement bathroom (or anywhere else in the basement) making shaving etc impossible down there.

From our experience, without a great deal of renovation these rooms should not be sold as bedrooms, this villa is more appropriate as a three bedroom villa.

Generally

All lamps, lamp shades, bedding, sheets on sofas are tired, worn, discoloured and sometimes stained. The villa just feels unloved and tired, not what was expected from the marketing or photographs provided.

I am appreciative that you might suggest we should have been in contact regarding these issues during our stay, however, for the time out of our holiday that this would have required, none of the issues stated above were on their own enough/resolvable during our stay for us to be inconvenienced by reporting them. Our issue is more that when added together, all of these small issues meant that we were incredibly disappointed with our holiday accommodation."

Neither the the villa rental company nor the owner offered any apology for the poor condition of the villa and following this lack of apology I have felt it necessary to let other travellers know our experience.

Would I recommend Villa Saint Nikolas, Protaras or MyExclusiveVillas, no.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travelers are raving about these Protaras hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing