“Rudest Staff!!”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Limassol
“Rudest Staff!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I personally am not a review junky, I tend to keep my personal preferences too myself. HOWEVER..... rudeness is not in my preferred services!!

Upon check in, we allowed the receptionist to finish her conversation with the other staff member before interrupting. When we finally got her attention, she threw her money on the bench, looked at us and said "YES?" Just from the pure rudeness, instead of shouting, I burst out laughing! My husband then proceed to check us in stating, we better hurry up and leave the reception before we get slapped! Any interaction we had with the reception had the same attitude, but trust me, I didn't feel special...... this was the attitude given to all guests.....

At lunch time, we thought to eat in-house since we had just arrived. After ordering lunch and a lemon lime, I dared to question the bar waiter if there was lime our lemonade, to got the response "OF COURSE I PUT LIMMMMEEE!!" Jeez it was like I had insulted his family!! Pavlos the other waiter (the only STAR staff member I saw throughout the hotel) then proceed to bring us some extra lime. Pavlos was very polite! Bravo to him at least!

The adventure then continues down at the health club, I went to pick up some towels for the pool. The girl in the Health club requested I pay a €20 deposit for towels??????? In a 5* hotel, I have to pay a deposit for towels????????? I found that absolutely ridiculous!! Considering you have my room number, my name, my signature, you can just charge my room if you absolutely must charge, which I still think is something a 3* would do!! I expressed my surprise only to be informed "EVERYONE MUST PAY MADAM!" I just turned to my husband and thought this is not going to be the relaxing weekend we had planned considering in the space of 1 hour, I had been shouted at by at least 3 members of staff!!

On the positive side, the hotel itself is very well situated, we did not move the car all weekend. The food was very good.

Our room was a little dated but very clean, bed very comfortable and bathroom renovated.

The general look of the hotel reminds me of the 1920's, keep thinking Hercule Poirot was going to come round the corner! :)

In conclusion, I would say the hotel would be much much better if its staff were less rude and actually served with a smile once in a while, instead of having the verbal slap ready and waiting…. Working in a 5* property myself on another part of the island, I know hotel staff, and these guys were not normal!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stephv81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were really worried about our booking from reading some of the previous reviews, as we booked to stay at the Constantinos for our wedding in June 2013.

We were given a lovely welcome to the hotel, they seemed to all know that we were booked as a wedding party and we were treated really well.

The rooms were spacious, air conditioned and cleaned very well daily. Our room was facing the sea front and had a beautiful view!

One side of the hotel had building work being done in a plot of land next door and this did affect the view and noise levels for members of our party staying on at that side and sometimes made the balcony too dusty to dry clothes etc, but it still had a good semi-sea view that was very beautiful!

The hotel itself has an older vintage style to it, it is grand and very clean throughout.
In my opinion it has the best spot of beach along Protaras, outside it.
The swimming area is well kept and there are lots of sunbeds available.

The food was wonderful, this was one of the best things about our stay here. The selection was great with lots of choice, it was healthy food, everything was well cooked and beautifully presented.

The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The hospitality was excellent.The gym and tennis facilities were good and so was the beauty salon.

The only thing we didn't like was that the safety deposit boxes and wifi are not included. The safety deposit boxes do not have a deposit payment system like other hotels of this rating, you have to pay outright and the wifi you have to pay for per day aswell, so do be aware of these costs.

Overall, we had a brilliant stay, it was the perfect hotel to stay in for our wedding trip, with beautiful views and great food. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Sea front view is beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I travelled here in August 2012 with my fiance and his family. The hotel is beautiful, took our breath away! The rooms were lovely and spacious, the bathrooms were very clean and the views from the balcony were amazing (we had a view overlooking the pool area and the beach). The pool area was lovely, always plenty of sun loungers either beside the pool or closer to the beach (which is literally 100 yards away!) The pool was very clean as well. The only downside to this hotel is how close it is to the lively strip at night. Even though there were no children with us, I would hesitate taking kids as it gets very loud at night on the strip. We struggled to get to sleep some nights at 1 - 2am. Also, if you are going half board, take your own drinks to the pool as the pool bar is very expensive (at least 5 euro for a fanta). We travelled here half board and the food in the hotel is of a good standard. You could not fault the breakfast, everything anyone could want. The dinners on the other hand were not very diverse however it was very tasty. If you are looking for good places for evening entertainment I would recommend Waves and Zodiac. We spent every night in either place. Cheerz and the Only Fools and Horses bar are very nice for lunches. All in all, we had a fantastic holiday. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and our view was unbelieveable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

my husband and i went here having never been to cyprus before, room was great and spacious, view were amazing we were overlooking the pool, food was ok lots of choice, entertainment wasn't up to much, waiters in the evening were fab attending to all our needs especially vasil and andre , would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iris103
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I got married here on the 25th June, the venue was absolutely beautiful, only something a girl can dream of. We also held our reception here too out on the veranda over looking the sea. I couldn't fault it on one thing it was absolutely amazing, we was all treat like royalty. The food was delicious, for the money we paid we got an absolute bargain! The waiters was who made our wedding day they was absolutely AMAZING! Pedros and Peter treat us like we was absolute royalty, amazing men. Thank you so much for making my day so perfect. Would 100% recommend anybody thinking of getting wed in Cyprus too go this hotel, the day was perfect! Big thanks again to everybody who helped with our special day xx

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BeckaJM
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just come back from a weeks holiday. Overall the hotel was very good although getting a little tired in places. The room were comfortable with all the usual facilities. We had a partial view of the sea which did overlook a new hotel development but this did not cause any disturbance. The choice of TV programmes for English speakers was very limited but fine if you spoke Russian, BBC World gets fairly tiring if you want to watch TV. There are many Russians staying in the hotel which is quite common now for some Cyprus hotels. The location is great, right on the beach and close to restaurants and bars. The pool is clean with plenty of sun loungers. I enjoyed the food, well laid out buffet style, a good choice, generally well cooked. Everyday there was a meat joint carved on demand. At no time were the dishes allowed to go empty so a full choice always available. Breakfast again was a buffet with everything I wanted, including fresh fruit, full English and continental choices. There was little entertainment in the evening but this might improve during the main holiday season. The beach bar was opened in the evening on the 1sy July for karaoke but no uptake from the few residents that came down, again early in the season. Weather wise it was about 35c most days with a cooling breeze often in the afternoons. Bar prices not too bad, a pint of Keo beer at 3.75 euros, brandy sour 5.25 euros.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank StAlbansBrian
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I visited Constantinos the Great Beach Hotel from 19th to 29th of May 2013. I went to Protaras without any problems and spent my vacation by swimming in the sea and sunbathing.The location of the hotel is great, it`s right on the beach. My room in the hotel was very clean, comfortable and light. Maids cleaned it every day. The hotel staff did everything possible to make my stay was good. The food was quite satisfied with me. Every evening I was walking along the promenade of the sea and enjoyed the nature. I think that Protaras is a very convenient place for families with children, as well as people with disabilities, because embankment very well arranged and equipped with ramps for wheelchairs, here there are playgrounds. I enjoyed my visit to Cyprus greatly and hope that I will come here again.

Room Tip: my room was on the side of the main entrance of the hotel, there is quite noisy, but a more attracti...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Marya K