“Loved our holiday”

Anastasia Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We are a family of six and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay for two weeks at the Anastasia, on arrival we were greeted by a porter,our two ground floor rooms were spacious and very clean with large balconys,the hotel staff were very quick to Rectify any problems,it's a busy hotel food is very good with a large range of self service dining with waitered drinks in restaurant,with different themes each night,can't fault all the entertainment with jerry tony mimo was brilliant,all 4 of my children loved all that was put in front of them ,but I will say that the hotel should give them a much bigger stage to work on,but loved all they did a massive credit to the hotel !!!!!! And deserve to be the making of the hotel.
The only thing that would improve the hotel would be to allow drinks as part of the all inclusive at the water park .
Thinking of going next year
Thanks to all staff at Anastasia
S.Edwards
Beiber family Ha ha

4  Thank Edwardsa18
There are newer reviews for Anastasia Beach Hotel

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We r just bl from 2 wks in hotel bit of Anastasia. We r a young married couple with an 8 yr old son. Weather was just fab n loved the sun. To b honest it made our holiday. The room was drab, beds uncomfortable n fold up bed totally unacceptable for a child. Food was ok but repetitive. Thats to b expected on AI. Service was pathetic n staff were in need of a good shake. Pool area was overcrowded n not enough loungers. This is worsened when large groups of ppl who were there for weddings seem to think its ok to reserve about 12 -15 in a line n then barely use them all day. Hotel staff need to address this. Loads of ppl had ear infections n now we are home my wee son has been diagnosed with acute inner ear infection n needs antibiotics for TEN DAYS!!! Clearly a hygiene issue. Mimo n the other entertainment guy were v nice n didnt pester. I wud never come bk to this hotel as im disgusted my son is now sick n hotel is NOT 4 star. I will go bk to Cyprus tho, but will sticl to a btr hotel. Also i thought ppl were very rude n not that friendly. We did see a few friendly faces n chatted to a few diff couples tho the larger groups who arrived on our 2nd week were total rude dogs n I was glad to go home as they just let their kids do watever. I kp my son under control and he has manners. However as these adults had none their kids cudnt have any either. All in all, gd weather but poor n shabby hotel. Staff need to wk harder n put a smile on their faces or ppl vote with their feet. I know we will. Wnt b bk here!!!

2  Thank healso009
TsokkosCyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Anastasia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent holiday with us. As a third bed in a double room we use fold up beds which are the same when a third adult is in a twin room. This is a standard for most hotels and this is the reason you are getting a better price for a 3rd person in a doulbe room. Furthermore this is clearly stated in all tour operator brochures. Most of our hotels offer family rooms - which have 3 or 4 normal beds, and guests have the option to book this type of room if they want to. Usually family rooms though are charged as a higher rate than a double room + extra bed. We have allready addressed the issue of the sun loungers - more sun loungers have been added to the pool area. Regarding the acute inner ear infection, as I am sure your practitioner has informed you is something quite often for children and it is caused when the eustachian tube in the ear becomes blocked and fluid builds up. The causes of the eustachian tube getting blocked can be allergies, colds & sinus infections, excess mucus and saliva produced during teething, infected or overgrown adenoids, tobacco smoke or other irritants. Ear infections are also more likely if a child spends a lot of time drinking from a sippy cup or bottle while lying on his or her back. However, getting water in the ears will not cause an acute ear infection, unless the eardrum has a hole from a previous episode. When any of the above aforementioned causes happen the eustachian tube gets blocked trapping water (which in your case could have been water from the swimming pool or even shower) and the trapped water causes bacteria to grow and that is when the infection starts... Our swimming pool and water stations get treated on a regular basis and tests are done 3-4 times a day. As I have explained above the issue with the ear infection is not a "hygiene issue" as you are stating but caused by a blocked eustachian tube - please consult your practitioner to confirm this to you. Unfortunately we have no control if guests choose not have a smile or talk to other guests... calling other guests "rude dogs" is not a nice respectful way to put it... Anastasia hotel is one of the most favorite hotels for families by our guests. We hope your son is getting well with the ear infection and would like to wish you a wonderful remaining summer.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fortunately when I arrived here the hotel was overbooked so I took advantage and asked to stay in a suite for the whole 10 days, my friend agreed to share with me which resulted in them having a spare room. A win win situation. The rooms in this hotel are small, dark, dingy and in much need of an urgent face lift. It would have ruined my holiday if I stayed in one of them. The suites are delightful though - spacious, bright, modern and airy. The bathroom alone was the size of a standard bedroom. The suites come with 2 balconies, great for sharing and families.

The food was great the first 2 days and then it went down hill. A lot of dishes were in tasteless sauces and repetitive. Deserts were a combination of different coloured mouses. It was difficult to get fresh bread rolls. Lunch was a mix of salads, fishfingers, burgers and stews. in 10 days I only saw grilled chicken or fish twice. So they mainly catered for the fast food lovers. AND not once did they have baklawa - it's Cyprus!

Bars - we had to queue for about 30-40 mins for each round. After 6:30 the queue would be about 30ft long. We had to bribe a bar man to serve us at our table and tip him. We wanted to do this but it was awkward for the bar man because it wasn't the hotel policy.

Pool was freezing.

Gym was ok!

I had friends stay in the sister hotel next door where the lobby/food is much better - but their rooms weren't very nice.

There is a lovely walk on the boardwalk from Pernera to Protaras, it takes about 20 mins. Protaras is busier.

TIP? Don't go all inclusive - when you are there you can buy All Inclusive on chosen days. Therefore you don't get bored and you can save money if you fancy a change of scene.

Room Tip: Get a suite, standards rooms are awful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TRIPPIN'OVER

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent holiday with us. All rooms have balconies and as I am sure you did have a look in your tour operator's website, brochure or our website prior to booking your holidays. Photographs show the rooms as they are! The rooms of course are dark when the curtains are closed, but once opened they are actually very bright! We are glad however you have enjoyed your stay in our suite. Our food is on a 14 day rotation which means it is a different themed night every day which include Greek / Cypriot food, Barbeque etc. We have since your stay increased the bar staff so that long queues are now avoided. Tipping staff it is of course allowed but saying the tip was a "bribe" it sounds as if you were in a 3rd world country and you had to do this in order to get server??!! Regarding the pool we do not advertise as having a heated outside pool as we do not have one.... so this means the outdoor pool does not get heated and the temperaturely is naturally regulated by the sun. We are looking forward to welcome you once more at any of our hotels in the future, and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Although the hotel is situated in a brilliant location (ie basically on the beach and the board walk) I shall not be returning. overall the grounds are kept relatively clean and rubbish free but the interior cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired, there are 2 toilet facilities - 1 in reception which consisted of 2 cubicles & i urinal and 1 near the indoor pool which consisted of 3 cubicles & 2 urinals (don't know what the ladies consisted of although my wife tells me that for the last few days of our stay the downstairs ones were locked) Theese facilities reaked of urine and consistantly had wet floors. there are 2 restaurants, 1 for breakfast & dinner and 1 for lunch, At breakfast & dinner there were pieces of food & rubbish on ledges & sills that we had noticed had been there for several days, (not good) The food was decent enough and there was always plenty of choice. The room we were in was basic (the telephone wire was coming out of the wall but there was no socket, just a hole) The air conditioning hardly blew any cold air, but we had a decent view from our balcony. The servive at the 3 bars was totally inadequate as there were to few staff serving you. (although some members of staff were happy to serve under age kids with alcohol, we saw 1 lad who looked to be about 10 being served with beer although he appeared to be drunk at the time. I'm not just having a pop at the staff here but also at parents who don't care what their kids are up to as long as they are left in peace to do what they want to do.) My final moan about this place is - the fact that your all inclusive stops at 2pm on the day of your departure, we only discovered this fact when we went to have our room card re-activated at mid-day as we were not getting picked up until 8-10 pm & we booked a late check out room until 6pm (we were charged 20 euros for this) and they cut our wrist bands off andd issued us with a voucher for drinks until 2pm and another voucher for our dinner (drinks excluded) this tanked me off as we didn't arrive until about 2am on the Monday morning, so you lose an entire day, you can't get anything to eat or drink, not even a bottle of water unless you find a local bar open, so to stop your AI at this time is disguisting, I know that a lot of other people have said that they feel the same way and that they will also be making conplaints. We as a familly have stayed in quite a few Tsokkos Hotels (including Constantinos The Great) but know Mr Tsokkos will no longer getting our custom.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rokirk
Reviewed July 31, 2012

we stayed at the anastasia in august last year and had lovely holiday. great staff and rooms large and plenty of space, large bathroom and balcony . food in the hotel was lovely and always plenty to choose from . only problem was the bar you had to queue up at the bar to get a drink and only two people were there to serve even if you wanted water you had to wait in this long long line of people and kids wanting drinks constantly meant that we got 2 or 3 drinks of coke or whatever at the one time and by the time you finished the first one the rest were boiling hot .
i think the hotel should look at that and try and do a bit better on the bar side of things , other than that we had a great holiday there

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank izzygeo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I Have just got back of this amazing holiday! i spent 2 weeks here and i couldn't of asked for a better holiday. I came here with a party of 11 including children from 2 to 14 and they loved it! I didn't stay in the hotel bit its self i stayed in the Apartments with my mum and two brothers. The room was lovely. Very big. The only fault on the Apartments is the pub opposite. The pub plays music all night till early hours in the morning. Its ok if at night you like to sit on the Balcony and listen to the music but if you're trying to get to sleep with a two and eight year old in the room its very hard. The cleaners weren't all the good either, some times they wouldn't even change our towels. One morning we left a bag out hanging on the Wardrobe door with dirty clothes in it and we came back and the cleaners had taken it! It was a bit of nightmare having to walk from the Apartments to the hotel everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel its self was beautiful. With inside balcony's to look other it was just perfect. There was even a little games corner for the kids just in case they got bored(not that they would.)
You would have to get up rather early to get your sunbeds as they go really quick. But laying in the sun by the pool for two weeks is lush. The swimming pools are perfect for all ages with a shallow bit for not that strong swimmers to a deep bit for more confident ones. And then just up the road is the beautiful water park. Me being just 14 i loved it. It was amazing! there were so many slides to go down and a swimming pool just to chill in. There are also lots of sunbeds in there so if you cant get by the pool dont fuss, just go to the water park. Or even just cross the road and hang out on the beautiful beach. Its Lovely. The sea is perfect to Snorkel in.
There are so many Different trips to choose from but my favourite was the 'Black Pearl' it was AMAZING! The crew were so nice and friendly. When you spoke to them you felt like you had known them for ages. Especially Captain Jack Sparrow. The Market trip wasnt all that good, it was more like a carboot than a market. And then the camel park which is good for children.
The food was lovely. They catered for everyone, unlike some places they catered alot for the English. Even if your children or yourself dont like trying new stuff there is always a kids corner with stuff like chips, chicken nuggets, sausages, beans ect. On the other hand if you like trying new stuff there is always something new to eat. The food is lovely.
After your meal you can always go sit outside and watch the amazing Entertainment. Mimo tony jerry and kath were all amazing at entertaining people. They would run a kids club and a teens club during the day with stuff like water polo, they were just perfect. At night They had a mini club, then bingo, then they would do someone like Karaoke, A Greece night, Dancers, Singers and so much more. Before my mum booked this trip we were looking through the other reviews and there were so many negative reviews on the Entertainment but dont be put of by them! the Entertainment is outstanding! With out Mimo, Tony and the others your holiday entertainment would be rubbish! A BIG thumbs up for all the entertainment team(Y)they really made the holiday worth the while And The Reps. They were so lovely. They would come up and see if you were alright ask how your holiday was and were always there for you to ask questions too. They were really good, couldnt of asked for better Reps.
Not one of our party got ill, so its all safe there.
I Would/Will defiantly come back to Anastasia Hotel it was the best holiday i've been on. Roll on next year, i just hope the same Entertainment team are there. Thank you an Amazing Holiday:D

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank becca h
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

The last time we were in Cyprus was 6 years ago. My hubby knew exactly where the hotel was situated.... We arrived at 12.30 am and was told that our all inclusive would not start till 7 am the next morning. We went to the bar for a drink and the lovely Martyna came to our rescue (all inclusive ) rooms lovely ground floor facing the supermarket the only thing was my 5"3 12 year old was in a camp bed with 1 thin mattress and a sheet..... They put me in there the 1st night. THANKS. You do have to be up early to get a sunbed (hubby's job for the 2 weeks) . Entertainment staff were all fab. Mimo tony jerry and kath. God they worked hard.... But really hard to get a seat for the shows at night.... Most nights we had to sit on the sunbeds at the side and if the sprinklers had been on grass was really boggy and you ended up covered in mud. Lauren the rep what a lovely girl !! Said hello every morning passing us on the sunbeds then started sittin for a chat became a friend within the 2 weeks. Stu a nutter 2 they both just came in some days and jumped right into the pool with their uniforms on. We did eat out every night. Food was yuck I am not picky but nothing ever looked very appetising and my son who is picky used to walk around with an empty plate and come back to the table with nothing. I would Defo return to the Anastasia but next time we will Defo need another bed not a camped for my son. Go and enjoy your holiday is only what you make it.

8  Thank Bops1