“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Bridgend,South Wales
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at this wonderfull, we have stayed in Protaras many times and this is our favourite hotel by far, we also stayed in a 5* Sensatori in May and my personal opinion, the Virrsaki hotel is far better.
Location is very central and the pool area is foot steps from the beach. Our room is modern, spotless and the private balcony has an amazing view. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and welcoming. On our first night we ate at the Italian within the hotel and our fillet steak was top quality and the inclusive restaurant had a great choice of meat/fish dishes , again the service was friendly with no complaints from us. We are half board and are happy to pay a little extra for premium drinks but all the drinks served seem very good on all inclusive with decent cocktails.
All in all this hotel is probally one of mine and my partners favourite hotels, very relaxed with expensive decor .

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank kittyfan32

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just back from a week half board and I have no complaints! We checked in very fast and received a welcome cocktail, our room was at the side of the hotel (201) looking onto the constantinas, we would have preferred a sea view but we can't have it all! Room was amazing, clean and spacious! I always usually find it a bit difficult getting ready in hotel rooms due to bad lightening and small mirrors but this one was great! Plenty light to do your make up & full length mirrors..bonus for me! They have came up with the best idea of giving you a ring with your room number which you put round the umbrella (€5 euro deposit) and you choose your sun loungers and it's your for the week! So no more early alarms for a good sun spot...far end of the pool gets sun all day! Food was as you would expect HD or AL with plenty choices although I have stayed I. The vrissianna before (2hotels along and 5* and I'd say Vrissaki was better!) all in all a great holiday and great resort! The strawberry daiquiris are amazing! ❤

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Sasslash
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Vrissaki, rooms are very comfortable, modern and we watched movies on the TV. The staff are really friendly and the food was great each day. The Italian restaurant was fantastic, we ate there twice and being on HB we were offered a discount of 10 Euros per adult and 5 Euros for children. The beach is beautiful and the pool area is lovely, we had the same sunbeds for the week which worked well for us. We would love to return to this hotel, the location is very central and we loved every minute of the hotel and the resort.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are great especially ones overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank radders31
Manchester, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm just returning from a week at what has to be the best hotel I could've chosen.

Being very new to open I scanned each review on Tripadvisor seeking assurance it would be fine. I was worried about 'locals taking over the pool at weekends' NOT at all. The whole time I was there the pool was exclusively used by the hotel guests and at no point was it crowded or noisy.

The location is perfect, literally on the beach and just a couple of minutes to the strip. I'll add also there was no noise from the bars filtering through late at night.

I can't rave enough about the rooms, ultra comfortable beds and slick contemporary design from the wall mounted 32" LCD tv to the rainfall type shower and the blue lighting with ample space in the triple wardrobe unit. Cleaned every day with sunbed towels provided and changed during the week if required. A sea view room is worth ever penny.

The food I found was very nice and while I'll take on board the comments about it not being hot enough I also appreciate that when served buffet style if the warmers are too not then the food will 'stew' and over cook. It was certainly hot enough to eat and there was plenty of choice. Three restaurants in all and we ate in each, including the Veranda Italian - where you could swap your all inclusive or half board meal and receive €10 discount each person from the bill. This had to be the elite place to eat here with handmade desserts and wonderful genuine Italian made food, served from lovely staff happy to see people enjoying their food. I'm very glad I chose to go there.

Drinks during the day were served from a choice of three bars, Lounge with its white leather seating and tvs (sports channels showing the big games) the pool bar and the Bikini bar. We went all inclusive and I'm pleased to say the drinks menu was extensive with a long list of cocktails made very well, the staff were great and within days knew what liked and how you liked it. There was a great atmosphere with the staff who were great characters and very friendly, always on hand.

Finally I'll mention the Pure Gold Spa-fantastic! The manageress was happy to take me round and explain the rooms (Wonderland Floatation was fab) as well as discuss and recommend treatments and offer deals and discounts. The indoor pool and gym we had use of at no extra charge and was well equipped and that it had a hair and beauty salon within too was great, it was lovely after a day in and out of pool and sea water to have my hair washed and dried ready for an evening. Part of the spa extended to the beachfront massage beds too. I didn't feel they were pushy nor did they try and sell me expensive products as a lot of places do.

All in all this is a unique hotel with a wonderful feeling of having 'got it right' for their customers, wanting guests to relax and be happy. It isn't a big corporate chain and offers a personal experience where you are acknowledged and appreciated as their guest. I cannot wait to return next year where a week just won't be long enough!

Room Tip: Floors 2 and 3 sea view will be the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Northern_roamer2009
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Upon arrival we was allocated our room, however we were given a room which was already occupied which I was unhappy with to say the least. We went off back down to reception and was given the correct room which we had been allocated. Neither myself or partner are disabled but we had been given a disabled room, by this point we just wanted to get changed and chill out so we left it until the morning and spoke to our rep, he spoke to reception and got our room changed straight away and told them how it was unacceptable that we were originally given the key to a room which was already someone else's ! As far as AI goes this hotel was not, we are well travelled and gave been all over to AI resorts but this one was defiantly the biggest waste of money, we had to pay for the safe, the fridge and even chocolate milk. The buffet food was awful and if you ever chose off the menu there was a special menu for AI guests which was the cheap food. We paid £1400 each for two weeks and it definitely isn't worth that. AI may as well be called full board because hardly any drinks are included, the staff are lovely and very friendly but all in all the hotel itself is over priced and you can spend your well earns cash by go somewhere a little further away which is All Inclusive, Vrissaki advertising as AI is actually false advertisement as it isn't. The maid who cleaned the room didn't clean it to a very good standard either. Save your money and spend it else where !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 106charlotte
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Agree with everyone about the accomodation brand new you expect it to be up there with the best of the resort.
But the food and drink was at best the terrible.
We were best part through our first week before we sore the drinks menu for all inclusive the staff seemed to have different opinions as to what we were alloud.
Confusion about the local beers although the taps where KEO and Carlsberg we were told there was only Leon and Kapa.
The breakfast the hot food was so cold it was dangerous the heating unit meant to keep the food hot was often not working they new there was electrical problems in fact one time everthing went off and they rushed to get a temporary supply to get the till to work.
The buffet offered at lunch time was poor I base this on staying at all the hotels along the shore line whos food was much better. I would say the Odessa and the Iliada provided all day food that was changed as the day and days went on variety was excelent.
At the start of our second week we found that there was a snack menu for between breafast and lunch and lunch and evening buffet.
First snack I had was a cheese burger best I had ever seen I though its snacks for me from now on.
Large bun burger the same size and 20mm thick and a slice of cheese across with all the trimmings.
Wrong I had to take a photo of the next one I had Large bun the same but then a small bought in economy burger a small dot of cheese and a gurkin. Hed I been given the first one by mistake?
The cake was good.
One other thing tea and coffee making facility thats it, tea and coffee are only there on the day you arrive after that there is only the facility we were told that the tea coffee and milk were not replaced on as you would expect in a holtel a daily basis
We have been going to Protaras for 20 years it sounds boring but when you find somewhere you like why change it. If the future comments about the food improve then we would think about going to this hotel again but as its all inclusive I felt the hotel had you over a barrel after all they did get your money first. Anywhere else I think if thes food was presented you would have sent it back.

Room Tip: Sea view high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelMMC
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Vrissaki hotel and had a fabulous time. Hotel right on the beach, you ate breakfast outside at the bikini bar. Lavina (waitress), Stephano (best cocktail maker), Sylvie and all the other staff were excellent, nothing to much trouble. Rooms were excellent, cleaned everyday, clean beach towels whenever you needed them. The only little thing was there was never any gravy for any of the meals so meat was very dry but didn't spoil our hols, Will definitely book again.

Room Tip: we had room 206 perfect view of Fig Tree bay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple