“Great Hotel... lousy receptionist.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Iliada Beach Hotel

Iliada Beach Hotel
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Ipswich
“Great Hotel... lousy receptionist.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

A friend and I have just returned from 7 nights in Protaras. We stayed at the Iliada Beach Hotel as it had generally good reviews. When we checked in at the hotel, we were given a less than good first impression by the receptionist. Her name was Andri and she was quite rude. You would expect a fairly warm welcome when staying at a four star hotel but this woman clearly lacked manners. She actually seemed unhappy that she had to deal with us and gave us a bare minimum amount of information regarding our stay. She literally gave us our key and told us which floor our room was on. She gave us no information regarding meal times or checkout times etc. After we found our room and had settled in, I went back to the reception to pay for the saftey deposit box key. Andri glared at me as if to say what do you want. I asked about the key and she told me it would be £7 for the week with a £10 deposit. I gave her £17 which she took and then she resumed doing some paperwork. I stood there paitently waiting for her to give me the key but she ignored me. After a minute she looked back up at me as if to say what are you waiting for. I said 'you have not given me the key yet' and she said 'oh' and fetched it for me. She did not apologise, she actually never say please or thankyou in all the times I spoke to her.
It was a shame she was like this because the rest of the staff at the hotel were excellent. This was especially true of the restaurant staff who were very friendly. The food was also excellent with a different style buffet every night. The breakfast was the same everyday but there was still more than enough variety including full english, cereals, croissansts and toast and preserves.
The hotel also put on entertainment every evening which went on til midnight. They had a singer called Maria in for 2 nights and another called Shirley Patient in for 2 nights and they were both average at best. We could also clearly hear the entertainment in our room which meant if you wanted an early night you would have to have some earplugs.
Our room was very adequate and there was a maid service everyday. We also had no trouble with noisy neighbours.
Overall I would say the Iliada is a fine hotel with the exception of the receptionist. If you can accept this and are not to fussed with having an early night then you would probably like this hotel. It is in a great location close to a fine beach and in the heart of Protaras

• Liked — Great food and great location.
  • Disliked — Lousy receptionist and average entertainment.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank raverpat

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2007

We went for a week to the Iliada beach hotel and wished we could have stayed much longer. The location is brilliant; right in the middle of protoras road, so you've got bars, cafe's all around you.
The entertainment around the day is amazing, the water polo at 12:00 was so much fun everyday we played and the 'animators' did an excellent job of keeping everything lively. A slight complaint might be the food. I loved the wide selection and the kids can chose off a menu if they don't like the buffet.
Cyprus is the best place we've been on holiday but you should stay longer than a week.

• Liked — It just rules
  • Disliked — You can't stay long enough
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank damaruman