“Great hotel”

Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Iliada in August 2012.
Check in went very smoothly and we took the lift to our room which was lovely.
It was great to have a small fridge in the room which was an essential in such heat. The balcony was small but fine.
**The balconies in this hotel would definitely benefit from lights to enable you to sit out and read at night. This is one of the few things that I could complain about.
Staff here were fantastic Makis and the staff at the inside bar and also staff at the poolside bar work very hard and there was no waiting about to get served , they looked after you very quickly.
The food was really tasty and there were lots of different things to choose from.
Breakfast was fantastic with a selection to keep anyone happy. So much choice.
The location is brilliant , very central to all the lovely restaurants and bars and walking along the boardwalk at night is lovely.
We've booked to go back this year as this hotel is friendly ,clean, central and suited our needs.
As I say the balcony would be much more inviting with lights like their neighbouring hotel has.
Overall though a happy holiday enjoyed by us both.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lucyjordan37

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
swindon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dont even think about this hotel! I travelled by myself in Sept 2012 and not long after my arrival,I wanted to get out and get back home. That wasnt a 4star hotel by a long way off - it was a 2star shack! My room was filthy, the small chiller for drinks was broken and left me with water keaking all over the floor (which I had to deal with myself after already reporting it at reception) All I could do was roll up a towel to soak up the water until it was corrected - 2 days later! My bed was rock hard so obviously it was extremely difficult to get off to sleep at night. One channel provided on the very outdated TV. The bathroom - do you really want to know? The toilet seat was badly cracked, the toilet only flushed 'when it chose to' only the cold tap worked at the basin and there was no facecloths provided which is absolutely normal for a REAL 4 star hotel.I had to use a huge bathsheet (a bathSHEET not a bath TOWEL) to shower in the filthy black moulded bath. When downstairs in the restaurant after using the most tiniest elevators I've ever seen in my life,the waiters were only concerned on one subject and that was to see just how quickly they could clear their tables. As soon as I sat down, one would approach me and ask if I required a drink. I replied "No Thank You" every tine as I simply dont drink and the first thing they would do is swipe away my glass. I left my table to go and choose a dessert (although I dont know why I bothered, I was only expecting tinned fruit and false cream) and returned to my table and found that it had been reset up again for breakfast. I just had to see the supervising waiter to inform him of this. It was not so easy to keep my cool. So dont expect to eat your meal in peace and at your own pace either. I could go on! But if you want to spend your money wisely, then please read this carefully - DONT GO NEAR THIS HOTEL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank SwindonElizabeth
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff were excellent, helping us with anything we wanted to do, including a free taxi service to the castle. They gave us champagne for a birthday breakfast, and welcomed 2 of our friends who were staying in a different hotel. Ten of us stayed at the hotel, and everyone remarked it was the best trip they had been on for a long time. This was such a good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jasio1906
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our experience of the lliada hotel was so dissapointing after looking forward to our holiday for nearly a year.We had been transfered to the Antigoni hotel after 1 hour after arriving at the lliada,we asked what the Antigoni was like and we were told by reception staff what a wonderfull hotel it was.In our opinion it is the filthiest hotel we have ever stayed in, situated on the main road,not on the beach and rate it as a 2 star [only just].The room we had been allocated back at the lliada was not a 4*as advertised either it was tatty/ dirty/ blocked sink/broken toilet seat/filthy shower spray/badly stained curtains and balcony furniture/and more holes in the towels than towel.Breakfast was served outside Ladies and Gents Toilets with the doors open [Pool Toilets].The Beach Bar food was never hot always cold or burnt and the evening meal was dwindling by the day.[End Of Season excuse]and by the way dont expect any entertainment as advertised if you book around the last 3 weeks of October,as we were told its all but finished End Of Season.
Colin on reception we would like to say thankyou, you have to deal with very irrate guests on a daily basis as management turn a blind eye,and Augusta on reception perhaps you could book yourself a customer service course whilst the hotel is closed for the winter season.
Hopefully Thomas Cook will ammend the information on this hotel ,and Mr Tsokkos and co,these problems need to be corrected, you must be aware that you have had many very unhappy guests at the lliada hotel this year.In our opinion it is most definitely not a 4*hotel and should not be advertised as one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Langel160
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our 12th visit to this hotel once again was very good we met again with friends we have made over the years and the usual staff who we class as friends.We arrived at 0130am 30th september and were told the hotel was overbooked and that our niece had to share a room with her parents for a couple of days this was done,the hotel receptionist the next morning was very apologetic and proceeded to sort out the matter to everyones satisfaction.Overbooking was a problem and we were horrified with the abuse given to the receptionists when it was not their fault.Hopefully the company will sort this problem out.Despite this we had a great holiday the food was good and our rooms kept clean and tidy we are hopefully going again in 2013 if they can fit us in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lady1996_10
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Mike Senior, Motherwell. Scotland.
No over booking problems.
Ideal location, Beach with water sport facilities at one side and main street with bars, shops and resteraunts at the front.
Checked in on 21st October 2012 for 10 days, at 10.30pm. Night staff very helpful, even supplied me a bottle of water so I could take my medication.
Room clean comfortable and spacious. Hair dryer hiding in drawer, tea making in wardrobe.
Maid service excellent.
Food choice and quality excellent @ breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Suggest a warm plate stand next to the cooked breakfast bar would be an improvement).
All staff very helpful and friendly.
Had a relaxing 10 days no hassle at any time.
Elevators always working.
Swimming pool good size but a bit cold. Sea was like stepping into a tepid bath.
Loads of comfortable sun beds.
Ok some areas looking a bit tired eg corridors, but it was end of season.
Not much entertainment at this time of year, however Rockafellas straight across the road was brilliant every night.
Meal times well chosen,
Will definitely visit here again if same staff and food quality maintained.

Room Tip: Avoid -2 level rooms poll side ( Local ants can invade some times). My room was on level -1adjacen...