“Another memorable sunrise stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sunrise Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
gosportUK
“Another memorable sunrise stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our ninth stay at this quality hotel. The check in is pleasurable thanks to Maria & staff, always pleasant & helpful. The food as always is excellent, ( Panarama restaurant plus the breakfast, have plenty of choices.) with Neo orchestrating the staff with his great sense of humour.
Must thank Tassos, Andreas & staff, & Justine for all their help, much appreciated.
A professionally managed Hotel.
The beach is all you want, unless you prefer the pool, which is very popular with many.
The beach is ideal for young children, gently sloping & not dangerous.
Angelo is great with his entertainment package, a real star.
Look forward to next year.!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marydgosportuk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
Gateshead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

First time in over 20 years I have been abroad during 'October week' and I would definitely consider it again. This hotel was just what we were looking for. The location is superb, right on the glorious beach. The sea is idyllic, so clear and clean - lots of water sports on hand and we enjoyed our first experience of parasailing nearby. As stated in another review, the pool was freezing, so we didn't bother with it, as the sea was so close and inviting. Our room had a great side sea view and was always cleaned to a high standard. We did hear some noise from nearby bars but was not a problem when window was closed. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. There was plenty of choice for breakfast. We were booked in for B & B, but purchased the 'dine around' option, so ate in 4 different restaurants, which were mainly fine, although we weren't particularly impressed with the menu in the Reef Diner.
We hired a car, so were able to visit other beaches (Konnos Beach and Nissi Beach both lovely), the caves and did a 4 and half hour boat trip from Ayia Napa, which was excellent fun and good value (20 euros which included lunch), on the Cpt Markos boat.
The only downsides of the holiday were the sun going down early (from about 3pm) and the fact that the resort had already begun to close down when we arrived and by the end of the week, very few bars and restaurants were still open and the 'strip' looked quite run down because of all the properties being shut up for the Winter. I think the tour operators need to work with the business owners so that the season coincides because we paid a lot of money for our week and many of the resort facilities were closed.
However, we still had a fantastic and relaxing holiday and would recommend this hotel to others for its location, staff and food.

Room Tip: Side sea view was great provided it is the side facing the tennis court and garden.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AB9
Watford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

After 3 years of visiting this hotel in August we decided to go in October this year. The daytime temperatures are still decent, although the evenings are a little chilly. The sun disappears behind the hotel much earlier at this time of year, particularly after the clocks go back, but there are always places to catch the sun, even if it means sitting on the beach or going for a walk along the lovely coastal path. We were made to feel like old friends returning. You couldn't find nicer staff anywhere. We stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the tennis courts. We usually stay the other side but we still had a decent side sea view. The rooms are always very clean. We enjoyed every moment of our 10 nights in October just as much as our summer holidays here. Thanks, as always, to those who help to make it special; all the pool guys who put up with constant demands with a smile, Tasos, Chara, Leonidis, Justine, Stavros(who makes a mean Margherita), Alexandros and George in the Reef Bar and a big thanks to Angelo (always a superstar). If I've left anyone out I apologise. Hope to see you all again next year.

NB from about 28th October some of the restaurants on the main strip started to shut for the season and the restaurants don't stay open as late as they do during peak season but there are still plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: full sea view rooms are the best and the quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

First impressions no disappointments. Impressive foyer with relaxing armchairs with a great view over the Med. I had a 3rd floor small twin room with partial sea view. It was a good sea view so pleasantly surprised. The cleaning staff were very efficient as the room was spotless. The TV had a small selection of uk channels. My only gripe about the room was hit and miss Wi-Fi connection, I'm sure any geek will realise how annoying this can be! Most of our holiday was about sitting round the pool with frequent dips in the sea. The pool was immaculate and it was a 30 second trip to jump into the crystal clear adjacent sea. At this time of year the pool was cooler than the sea ! My advice if going around the end of October is to get a sun chair nearer the beach than pool. This is because the sun drops behind the hotel putting the pool in shade from 13:00 ish onwards.

If you want a very clean, kid friendly, well staffed hotel you won't go wrong by staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,860 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I only spent some hours here so this review is kind of brief. You see, the next door 5* Sunrise Pearl was fully booked. When I am out travelling I don’t have internet access all the time so I missed an email where the hotel was informing me about this unexpected change.

To make story short I expected at least my room to have a sea or side view. I was totally disappointed, but luckily it was just for this one evening.

ROOM: I had room #238. The view could not be worse!

The interior was not that bad –a standard room of a 3 or 4* hotel. Double glazed windows, but there was still noise coming in from the bars and round area in the evening -luckily I carry earplugs when I travel.

The room though was impeccably clean, spacious and comfortable. Coffee/tea facilities and a minibar are provided.

I asked for a blanket at 11.00pm when I noticed how heavy and uncomfortable the bedspread was. Usually bedspreads of this kind are decorative only and there is always a blanket underneath. Not in this case however. The boy shows up shortly after the call with a second one identical to the one I had. He said he cannot find a blanket because the Housekeeping was closed. I knew I would not be able to sleep that night, I did not accept it, but to my luck I was brought a blanket minutes later, which was clean all right, but of poor quality.

TV: Not a single Greek/Cypriot channel which I find unfair. It was only the BBC and all other channels were Russian or channels of no interest. I was told that sometimes residents change them, so I had somebody come to (fix ..?) it while I was out for dinner. The result was just the same, the electrician did come but with No result.

WI FI: With the Guest Access Code, I had internet Only in the Public areas and None in the room although I was told that this was possible.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was spotless with much light, fittings and the toiletries were nice but towels were not that bright and need to be replaced for new ones.

Rooms similar to this one are only for people who don’t mind noise coming from pubs and the round area, and would stay outdoors the day long. It is worth to pay the extra for a sea view room, otherwise don’t bother at all. Such rooms can totally spoil your holidays.

GYM FACILITIES: Residents from the next door sister hotel –the Sunrise Pearl can use the Health Club facilities (steam room/ sauna/Jacuzzi and indoor pool) totally free, while the residents of this hotel have to pay a fee to use the Sauna and Steam room -€8.50 respectively. A rental fee for Squash rackets (2) + a ball cost €8.50 per hour. Have in mind that only Gym and Pool are the two free facilities provided to residents.

Dinner, but also breakfast the next morning were taken at the next door hotel, so I cannot comment on these.

In general though, the hotel is nice, pleasing interior, it is popular with many repeaters, and the staff and management extremely friendly.

In all, if you plan to spend your holidays here, be sure to book a Sea view or at least a Side view room. Otherwise don’t bother.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank greekcypriot2009
Thatcham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you are thinking of staying at this hotel DO NOT HESITATE, everything you read about this hotel is accurate. If you read any negative comments they must be one of those people who moan about everything and should not go on holidays.
From the moment you arrive and greeted at reception until you leave the staff cannot do enough for you. The hotel is exactly what is says in the write up and all of the staff are friendly and helpful and a credit to their managers and directors.
There is nothing nicer than after a busy day sun bathing and following dinner at either one of the hotel restaurants (very romantic having dinner on the terrace) or one of the many local restaurants, sitting on the terrace with a brandy sour watching the sea in the moonlight.
It is lovely to see old friends that you have met there before and also making new friends who you hope to see again on your next visit.
If I was asked to sum up the whole experience at the Sunrise Beach Hotel, it is “PARADISE”
Looking for to seeing you all again and thank you for a wonderful holiday – Ian and Alma Marsden

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marsdens39
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed in the sunrise for 2 weeks from the 29th of September and had our wedding there. We were half board and I can honestly say the food was lovely, there was a brilliant choice for breakfast and we ate in all four restaurants which were all brilliant. The hotel it's self is very clean and the staff can't do enough for you, especially Justine she's a credit to the hotel. I would defiantly recommend getting Married there it really is beautiful, and the wedding coordinators do everything. The only thing I would advise is to book a sea view room if your there for a wedding, Thomson told us not to as they always try to give you an upgrade subject to availability, but when we arrived she said she had given us a side sea view room but we soon realised we did but it was overlooking the back of a bar that had waste land that had some sort of bonfire on it, when we asked to see if we could change it took them 5 days to sort it, which was the day before the wedding. Any other time I wouldn't have been bothered but for the amount we paid for the holiday,spa treatments, wedding, reception not to mention how much our guests spent on the day on drinks we would have at least thought we would have been on the other side or even better a sea view. I was even more disappointed after I looked on trip advisor and all I see is wedding parties been upgraded to sea view and even the sister hotel the pearl. That been said I would stay there again so please don't let that put you off as its a lovely hotel and if it wasn't that it was our wedding I wouldn't have had any complaints.

• Stayed October 2013