“Amazing holiday & wedding”

Sunrise Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in the sunrise last year for 2 weeks in July. I spent many months looking on websites and on trip advisor to find the perfect place for my wedding and I definitely chose the right place. If you are thinking of getting married here please do not hesitate, it was amazing start to finish.

Starting with the hotel and holiday itself. The rooms are lovely and modern and cleaned everyday. The only bad thing about the room was the squash for space! We had myself and my fiancé and 2 children and the cot took up quite a bit of room. Other than that beautiful balcony's with views. We were also upgraded on our wedding night to one of the corner suites thanks to my lovely step mum who nagged them to move us (being July they were quite pushed for rooms) the upgraded room was amazing with full length window with a view of the beach and a very spacious balcony. Waking up to that view on your first day as a married couple with breakfast in bed was perfect.
The sun bed allocation is a godsend and makes the holiday even more enjoyable without the worry of rushing out there at the crack of dawn! Breakfast is plentiful and lovely with a chef cooking fresh eggs and pancakes so its always lovely and hot.

Onto the beautiful wedding... We arrived on a Wednesday and got married the following Wednesday. We had a few meetings before hand to go through all aspects including music, drinks, menu, seating plan, flowers, gifts and so on. Georgia the in house wedding co-ordinator was so helpful and pleasant as was the Thomson rep. We also went into town to the town hall to sign all legal documents this was only a 10 minute drive (cab included in your wedding package) and we was in & out really quickly. We went and looked at the wedding area before hand which is completely private and tested the music was going to be ok. We took our iPhones with 4 songs walking down aisle, back up the isle and first dance, and I had a dance with my dad too, plus a playlist for dinner and a dance afterwards. If you are taking music with you be sure to make sure you do not need Internet, we used spotify and put all the playlists onto offline mode as the hotel wifi doesn't reach the wedding area.

The day itself went as I hoped without any problems. It's such a relaxed and calm environment. I was lucky enough to have a lovely friend there who done my hair & makeup. Us girls were given a spare room to get ready in while the boys got ready in our room. The wedding coordinators set up all the chairs for us and put on all my blue bows (which I got from eBay for a very good price) it had a amazingly calm soothing ambience. The ceremony it self doesn't last very long which I liked, no awkward tongue tiers or long words. After the ceremony was done we had champagne and a breather in the seating area and then had all the pictures taken while the hotel staff changed the ceremony area into the sit down meal area.
The food was absolutely amazing and I would go as far to say it was one of the best wedding meals I've ever had. All the guests commented on the day itself and the food. I think we even managed to convert a few couples that a wedding abroad was the way to go. I'm afraid we didn't get to use the dance music as we were all so worn out and full up after dinner. It was very hot being in a Wedding dress mixed with drinking champagne all day we all just sat around our U shaped table and chatted away about the day we also went for a lovely stroll to the sea and dipped our feet in :)

All in all an amazing day I will always remember and the hotel really did make it extra special with their detail to perfection. I would definitely recommend the sunrise to anyone. It was perfect,

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jade L
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have just returned from my second visit of the year to Sunrise but was a little peturbed when I realised that I had been going to the hotel for over quarter of a century! Although the surroundings have changed out of all recognition, the hotel hasn't. The reason that I, and so many other repeaters, come back year after year, is the wonderful feeling of care and friendliness. A lot of this stems from the fact that, unlike other hotels who just import foreign workers by the dozen each year, Sunrise has a Cypriot core staff who have remained with the hotel for many years. They seem to be able to remember everyone and all our little foibles and preferences.

The warm feeling begins in the winter when I get in touch with the Reservation girls and on arrival, nothing is ever too much trouble as the Receptionists, Restaurant and Bar staff and everyone else do their best to make your holiday an enjoyable experience. There is not enought room to memtion everyone by name!

Like everyone else, I have to say that the allocation of sun beds on arrival is a wonderful and simple idea and it would be worth staying at the hotel just so as not to have to get up at the crack of dawn! The rooms are a good size and like the rest of the hotel, kept very clean.

The dine around option is a very good idea. From the start, I have been a big fan of Kyklos - the Greek restaurant - and now the recently opened Italian, Marcello's, is a great additional choice. The food is really light and fresh.

I look forward to my return in October.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Sunrise Beach hotel for a week at the start if June. The hotel was in a perfect location on the beach and literally minutes walk to Protaras strip with numerous resturants and bars.
The hotel was clean and the staff are all really friendly and helpful. We stayed B&B due to being in a lively area - The Breakfast was nice with plenty to choose from.
The Swimming pool was nice although we only went in it once.
You are allocated your sunbeds when you arrive and we were put in the Garden- We are pretty easy going but did let the sunbed guy know if anything come up on the Beach we would be interested. After 3 days the guy remembered our request and moved us to the Beach which was lovely. I didn't honestly expect him to go out of his way so was really nice!!
The pool bar is nice for a quick afternoon snack and beer.. There was always fun and Laughter at the pool bar!!
The rooms are nice and big with plenty of storage - The view overlooking the Sea is amazing!! Super clean hotel and nice comfy bed..

The only thing which I felt let the hotel down a little bit is there never really seemed to have much going on. I am not sure if it was just because it was the start of the season or it is just a very chilled and quiet hotel.
We normally ventured out at about 8pm and caught a glimpse of a childrens disco and normally come back at about 1am and was completely empty.
I would like to stress that this really didn't spoil our holiday in any way nor would this put us off coming back to the Sunrise Hotel.
I absolutely loved Protaras- It has a beautiful beach, lovely resturants and some really cool bars!! I cant wait to visit again soon!!

We hired a car from Auto Europe and picked the car up from Sixt in the town. I would recommend the company!! Really easy and actually got a much better car than what we originally booked.

I would also recommend the Undersea Adventures excursion from Thomson. Really reasonable price and was driving along the sea bed on underwater scooters which really was an amazing experience!!

Overall an absolutely amazing holiday - I only wished we booked 2 weeks x

Room Tip: Book a Sea View room
1  Thank Daniellef
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the 4th hotel we've stayed at in Protaras and by far the best. As always a fantastic location on the beach, no need to plan a day by the pool or beach as they're both at hand. The staff are mostly very helpful and the hotel is well run. We stayed bed & breakfast this time as we wanted to be able to eat in the town which has lots of lovely restaurants. So although we didn't have dinner here I cannot emphasise the quality of the breakfast enough. It was superb in every way, masses of choice, all fresh and tasted great. They even cooked the eggs to your liking while you waited. The sunbed scheme is brilliant,... your sunbeds were yours for the week! We had a partial sea view and we could see and hear the main strip at night but the soundproofing on the doors was excellent so not a problem. Rooms were spacious, clean and modern and I would not hesitate to use this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have been visiting Protaras and always this hotel since 1990 and just love everything about it. You always get a wonderful welcome from all the staff whatever time of day you arrive. We just feel that we have come home each time we visit. The Hotel is in a fabulous position right on the beach and just minutes from all the bars, restaurants, shops etc. We booked bed and breakfast and bought the 'Dine Around' facility when we arrived. This enabled you to choose where you had your evening meal. The choices are the Self Service Restaurant in the hotel, which when we were there were using the outside patio area. We are not lovers of self service but really enjoy this one. Plenty of choice every night. Also such a lovely setting overlooking the sea. Another choice is The Reef Grill which is in the Hotel and are known for their beautiful steaks and ribs etc. Choice number three is Kyklos the Greek Restaurant (also owned by the Sunrise Beach). It is just along the street a little way. Last but not least is the newly opened Marcello's Italian Restaurant, also owned by Sunrise. This is fabulous and I have reported seperately on this restaurant as we went there three nights running as we enjoyed it so much. You can also sit outside in the mornings for your breakfast if you wish. Fantastic breakfast with just about everything you could possibly want.

We love all the staff in the Orthello Bar, the Head Barman being Tasos who makes everyone feel special. Also Justine who takes care of the bar through the day and makes wonderful Latte's. Then there is Chara who has a great personality and takes care of everybody. Maria head one on reception is very, very helpful whatever your problem is. All the restaurant staff, who work so hard but still have a smile and make time for a chat however busy they are. This is what makes this Hotel stand out from the rest.

The rooms are great, always clean and we always have a full sea view room so we can enjoy that beautiful view..

There is only one thing that lets this hotel down and that is the entertainment. They seem to have been using the same entertainers for a few years now and this leaves a lot to be desired. I think this will soon be addressed as many people we spoke to this year felt the same way and many people have reported it here on trip advisor and indeed on the Hotel questionnaire.

However, we had a wonderful holiday, as usual, and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liz L
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just had 2 weeks at this fantastic hotel. It is an excellent idea about the sun beds. You are allocated sun beds & they are yours for all your Holliday. Don't worry if you want sun, shade, grass or pool. 3 men who do the pool area are so helpfull they will get you what you want. The whole area is spotlessly clean . Food in hotel is very good . Breakfast excellent . Rooms a good size and again spotlessly clean. Only a few minutes walk to all supermarkets, shops & bars. Rockafellas bar look for the blues brothers. Absolutely great . You should have a great Holliday .

1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

returned home from this hotel 9,6,2013,,,this hotel was perfect. from the lovely room with teriffic sea views to the wonderful breakfast every,morning. the hotel is right on the beach with the sea being crystal clear and very safe for children,,,,i would re,visit this hotel tomorrow if i could and will definatly be visiting sunrise next year,,if you are looking for a lovely place to visit on your holiday then sunrise is it,,

Room Tip: we had room 038 and teriffic sea views