“More than happy”

Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“More than happy”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel, although quite a distance from Protaras. (20/30 mins walk) Dont get me wrong, Perinea was a lovely village but Protaras was where the action is.

Reception were very good and helpful when we arrived after a delayed flight and sorted us with a lunch voucher next day as we were too late for our evening meal (02.00 hours) They also sorted extra pillows and a faulty safe as soon as requested.

Room, spacious, very clean, comfy beds and a nice balcony looking over the immaculate pool area. bathroom small but well fitted and again immaculate. Maid service every day kept things right.

All interior areas of the hotel were very clean and comfortable and all staff eager to please,

Pools were a good size, large area surrounding with lots of sun beds and umbrellas, all in immaculate condition.

We were on half board and the quality, variety and quantity of the meals was superb though the ice cream freezer was set far too cold. We were well pleased with all breakfasts and evening meals.

Downsides: Distance from main resort, though we had a hire car and many people preferred the quieter town. Having done all inclusive in the past would have been disappointed with some of the restrictions in place had we chosen that option.

All in all a great holiday in a beautiful country in a lovely hotel and well catered for in all aspects apart from the flights.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LesByrne

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just got back from spending a very enjoyable week at the Tsokkos Gardens Hotel. Read the reviews AFTER we booked and became a bit worried by all the ngative comments. We were however very happy to discover that the majority of the complaints seem to be from professional moaners.
To complain that a hotel of this type cannot provide you with a cooked meal when you first arrive AFTER midnight is a bit silly. To Moan that the fully inclusive part of the package doesn't extend to the final milisecond of the stay as you are about to get on the bus to start the home journey is being over critical. To complain that you were without a room for over 10 hours on the last day is just being picky. The room is yours from midday on day 1 to midday on the final day. That is what you paid for. If you have a late flight, you can request a late check out room at reception, (or even pre book it before you arrive, as we did). This will give you a room until 6pm which really is late enough, even if you leave the hotel up until midnight.
To complain about the food when there is such a large selection to choose from is also unfair. I should imagine that most of the food on offer at lunch and dinner is better than most of the moaners provide for themselves when they're at home.
We found the hotel clean, tidy, friendly and relaxing. There is a very large pool with an even larger poolside area and a grassed area, all with plenty of sunbeds. The pool was clean and quite warm considering it was the start of the season and hadn't had time to really warm up in the sun by mid May.
ALL the staff were polite. Any minor irritations, (such as running out of toilet rolls or not being able to initially get the safety deposit box in our room to work), were dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Particular praise should be heaped on Carol who is in charge of the restaurant area. She and her staff were brilliant, even when dealing with some of the less than co-operative Russian guests.
The hotel entertainment was just starting to get going as our stay came to an end so I can't really comment on this but the entertainment staff seem to be keen so I think they'll be ok.
We only came to Cyprus so we could attend a wedding. We probably wouldn't have visited otherwise, but we will definately be back for another week next year.
That's it. Bye.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are quieter and have a view of the sea. Poolside rooms get noise from the evening...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Martyn H
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

this hotel has not only exceeded my expectations of my overall holiday, it has raised them! what a wonderful place, the surroundings of the hotel are also equally as lovely. Not in the centre of all the commotion but just short walk away, which is very handy. As I was all inclusive, I found the menu and selection of foods at night time and throughout the day typically British, which is good if you have a picky family like myself!
As my Dad got married over in Cyprus, all staff were caring and very considerate at night time with the little ones and the entertainment. The entertainment staff were just as amazing, very exciting to watch! Beautiful weather and beautiful people. I'm currently booking to go again this year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank laurenwatson51
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ignore bad reviews!!!!!
This hotel is one of the best in cyprus for this reason myself and my boyfriend are returning this year in June!
Lets start of with the pool area, it's very clean and lots of sunbeds for everybody. The entertainment team always have fun games for people who want to join in throughout the day, but no1 is forced to join! Like myself I just sunbathed :)
For anyone who is all inclusive the pool bar serves snacks such as burgers and toasties throughout day, and all soft drinks!

Rooms are very clean and big.. Maid cleans them every 2nd day!
Food isn't to everyone's tastes but there is something for everyone including chips, nuggets and pizza etc.. Great for kids!!

Another thing while I was staying here many people complained that the music and entertainment was too loud at night? All I have to say is why come to a family hotel and complain at 7oclock in night that the music is to loud? It's a holiday and if you expect to have complete silence go and get your own private villa? Entertainment staff were amazing and got everyone involved!

I love tsokkos gardens and would recommend everyone to come if your not a bore and are in bed at 7!!!! You will all love it!! Xx

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Steph K
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, prefect location, close enough to the action but not too close! In walking distance to everything you need, walk way along the beach to the next town 10-15 mins walk away to bars and clubs, close to bus route to water park and aiya napa. And amazing weather in october time! Lots to d close by, cheap drinks outside of the hotel! Only bad thing is that the pool was freezing and out TV did not work, but you get your money back anyway for that! All in all an amazing holiday in the perfect spot and would definatly recomed and go again! X

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherridan18
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall the hotel it's self was good, room was clean (fresh towels, clean bed sheets) swimming area was clean! First thing is, I booked all inclusive thinking everything would be free of charge, which wasn't as I had to pay for ice creams, bottled drinks, milkshake and Greek coffie. Also the hotel staff which worked in the restaurants and mini bars where fine, apart from one of the staff at reception which I found rude and many other people on holiday did!! Because me and my girlfriend are medataranian we would of expected the food to be more in the culture of the country, like they would cook Greek kabab on black charcoal, I would give food 2/10 I had allinclusive and we ate out every night what a waste money! I would go to this hotel again but not allinclusive

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Fabiocotena1
liverpool
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I came to Tsokkos Gardens for my daughters wedding via Thomas Cook.

I arrived at the hotel on a scheduled flight at about 11.30 pm. After booking in, I went to the bar to find that the All Inclusive deal ended at midnight. So the first drink I had on my holiday I had to pay for. I'm not stingy or anything but considering that I was on a scheduled flight and the hotel knew holiday makers were arriving, no provisions were made for us.

Oh..I asked for a bite to eat and was given a cheese sandwich from the fridge. Then at 1pm the lights went out and the bar closed!

So I went across the road to the Station Bar and had a few beers instead.

The rooms are OK and the towels were changed everyday. The only complaint here is that sometimes my room was not cleaned until late afternoon and one time I locked myself in. (hey, you gotta have a siesta right?).

By Far my biggest complaint is the last day of my holiday. I was due to leave the hotel at 22.45 that night. I was told that I would have to be out of the room at midday. This meant a whopping 10.45 hours without a room.

To add insult to injury I was also informed that the last day of my All Inclusive had now become half board because I was only entitled to either lunch or dinner. I was given a voucher to hand over at whichever meal I attended.....(to be honest, I ordered a pannini at the hut by the pool at 11.30am and used the voucher for dinner)

The biggest saving grace was the entertainment staff. They are amateurs and as such give it everything they've got. Their enthusiasm is very infectious. I don't know where they get their energy from. In my opinion they made my holiday. If they are reading this then a big thank you is in order to Ainslee, Elyce and Paris.

I have written to Thomas Cook with my complaints. The flight was great there and back, the coach was great there and back, but the hotel let TC and me down badly.

No welcome at the hotel
No all inclusive on arrival from scheduled flight
Bar closed at 1pm every night
No hotel room for 10.45 hours on the last day.
All Inclusive became half board on last day. (Can someone explain this??)

If you have kids, be aware. The Kids Club was closed in September when I went. To be fair, I received a letter 4 weeks before the holiday informing me of this...but I had booked 18 months prior.

The entertainment staff made games in the afternoon for the kids and adults but there was nothing for the kids to do in the evening...except play pool, table tennis or air soccer. And this cost a fortune...2 euros per game.

Would I come back?

Definately not to Tsokkos Gardens. Like I said Thomas Cook did everything right, but the hotel did a lot wrong. TC...get your finger out and sort this hotel out or drop them. Once their bookings suffer then maybe we will see an improvement.

Finally (phew!!) I want to mention the food. It was not great but there was enough to satisfy any palate. I have no complaints there. Lots of variety.

Anyhow, this is my review and I wish you all the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Mark F

Travelers are raving about these Protaras hotels