“Nice hotel, but food like vomit”
Review of Paschalia Hotel

Paschalia Hotel
Ranked #63 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was a nice hotel, nice swimingpool, but terrible food. Almost everybody speak russian, some of staff speak english (receptionist).
If you want to stay here, do not book with dinners even for lunch. I had steyed there for 10 days, but lunch and dinner was awfull, every day the same. I did not enjoy anything from their food. You can choose just from rice or potatoes (it doesent taste good) and chicken or fish or spaghety. Every day the same. And dessert? Do they know something else as jelly (every day!).
Another thing, if you are tall (more than 170cm), do not sleep there. Thay have short beds. I have more than 180cm and my feet have to be always out of the bed.
If you are looking for something cheep, and you dont want to eat there (and you like english breakfast) it should be good place to stay, but if you are tall and you want to eat at hotel, find another one.

Room Tip: Do not book meals there!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juraj F

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Paschalia Hotel had a good service and the staff were very pleasant. The food at the hotel was good. The atmosphere at the hotel was good and I got to meet new people. There were many from Russia and we often had very nice evenings at the bar. Local traffic was good and it was easy to travel by bus and taxi. It was close to the beach and many fine restaurants in Protaras. I have nothing to complain about and everyone who worked at the hotel were very pleasant to me.

// Gustav L

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gustav L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We wanted to get away for a wee break and found Paschalia cheap and worth the money. the room was very spacious with a balcony, it also had a fridge,a/c and tv. Everything was clean the staff very helpful. Breakfast was also included in the price and we found it quite good .The pool was nice and also kept very clean. We would go back again for a nice relaxing break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013. As my wife and my prefer active holidays to leisure, we enjoyed the hotel. We rented a car and bicycles and were travelling along the island during the holidays.
The room was spacious enough with a balcony, air conditioner, TV, fridge and hair dryer. Although the view was on the abandoned aqua park, we could see a part of sea as well. The condition of the room was poor, but it wasn't a problem for us. Every day the room was cleaned. There is a Wi-Fi hotspot in the lobby and in the pool area. But the downloading speed was driving my crazy :-)
What concerns nutrition there, it wasn't so bad, but it could has been better though. There were almost no fruits, yesterday's vegetables and disgusting tea. All the rest is typical.
The stuff was friendly and helpful.
In fact, there are a huge number of Russians there.
The hotel is located in 10 minutes far from the sea. However we didn't enjoy that bay, we were going to the Pernera bay(15 minutes on foot) or to the Fig tree bay (20 minutes).
My conclusion is the tourists who prefer active tourism, who'd like to rent a car or a bicycle, who want to explore the island will find the hotel convenient. But those, who're looking for the leisure tourism, who want to lay-in all the holidays and take sunbaths... well.. my recommendation to you... go and find another hotel, seriously.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thorn_Anarchy
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Even though we were not planning a holiday this year, we managed to book a rather rushed family break to Cyprus. We spent most of our time by the pool enjoying the sun though we did walk to the beach a couple of times which was just 10-15 minutes away. The hotel was just perfect for our needs – quiet, nice pool area, spacious rooms. It’s been years since I had such a relaxing time and surely we will be visiting Cyprus again in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent a week at the hotel with my girlfriend. We had a very good time and we really liked Cyprus too as it was our first time. The hotel was better than expected, especially it's bar and pool area. The location is good as it's close to the beach and near the City Centre. Generally it was great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for a six nights. My room was spotless . wanting a quite holiday this hotel was perfect, I found the staff warm and welcoming, willing to advise and help at all times. I enjoyed the pool which was deep and of course showering before entering to lower my body temp. There is a beautiful view from sunny side of hotel which over looks the pool area and bar. was reassured that music stopped at midnight, which is what I was looking for. I enjoyed the food. the hotel is in a quite area , with locale shops and beach a ten minutes walk away.WiFi connection in lobby excellent.
Many thanks to all the staff for the smiles and help though out the week.

Room Tip: my room was 305
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo