“4 stars ????” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Coventry, United Kingdom
“4 stars ????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I, son and daughter-in-law with their 7 month old son spent 2 weeks at the above from the 9th May. The hotel itself is dated and in need of a refurbishment. the rooms were large and adequately furnished the wear and tear hidden cosmetically, the cleaning was a bit sporadic at first but was swiftly rectified on complaint. meals, breakfasts were really good, the meals that followed, not so much, bland and unappetisingly presented, a bit like a 1960s army canteen, and with such a small serving area meal times were a scrum, some people ????. Although the rooms were air-conditioned it was never switched on, we asked for it to be but were told that it wasn't hot enough, hot enough for me,being asthmatic to spend most nights on the balcony as it was somewhat cooler and the baby's nights weren't much better. On the plus side the staff were excellent and being an ex-employer in a parallel business I wouldn't hesitate to offer any of the ones we came into contact with employment. However for those of you who like to eat-out, and we did, frequently I would advise going to Bennigan's American/Irish restaurant, excellent staff,excellent cocktails, killer sized burgers and ribs to die for. The Elamaris and VFM should not be used in the same sentence

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian--W186403

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

we wer a bit woried wen we read revues but we had a great time the rooms wear wat you would expect for a 3 star so most bad revues wer of them who expected a 5 star some peaple make me lafffff it is only 30 minits walk in to protaras bus ruite or bit longer coastal walk but realy nice or 10 minit walk to pernier beach verry good ther are a few bars and shops not a lot. the hotel was good food was ok always something to eat staff staff verry good pool was nice and clean plenty of sun loungers and brollies rooms wear nice and clean tv.kettle .and something to cook on .our room had no hot watter so we wear moved straitaway to another room no problems the bus stop is just near the front of hotel if you ask for a day pass 3 euros you can go all over on and of the busses til they finish at night we went to ayanaper .then protaras paralimini ther is pleanty of places to go great holiday cant wait to go back

Room Tip: ask for pool vue as some rooms are at the back of hotel with vues of another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ann s
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not the best location - and very old and run down.

The place was clean of course - but just a let down, especially for the price we paid.

Plus - you can stay at much nice apartments and hotels right in the heart of Protaras.

This place has been neglected and is in dire need of an upgrade!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jamie P

Travelers are raving about these Protaras hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel last week as we are planning a wedding in Protaras for August and wanted a reasonably priced apt hotel to stay at for a week whilst sorting out things for our wedding. I feel that myself and my fiancé are reasonably open minded and we're not really a snobby or 5* luxury kind of couple - all we wanted was a place where we could sleep comfortably, relax when not sorting things out for the wedding and have a clean shower and kitchen.

As soon as we entered it looked like we were in 1981. This was the kind of place I stayed in with my parents back when I was a child. There was even a broken analogue radio in the chest of drawers! I started to unpack and found that the safe was broken - this already disheartened me but I proceeded anyway. I then went to the toilet - it wouldn't flush. It took (no exaggeration) 12 attempts to get it to flush. This then became a running joke and even a game between me and my partner on who could get it to flush. My competitive spirit of being 2 nil up by the second day was the only thing to stop me from crying at how bad the room was. The hot tap in the bathroom spurted out water and soaked us - and then the shower taps wouldn't remain on the temperature that you wanted them to - you were either roasting or freezing.

The bedroom didn't have a double bed - two singles were pushed together. The sheets were clean although the blankets were old and dated. We only have one small pillow so felt very uncomfortable. The carpet had countless stains on the floor and the room seemed to be falling apart. The hairdryer started sparking and blew up in front of us too. We did get that replaced.

The kitchen didn't have a cooker - it had a hot plate. There weren't even enough plugs to have the kettle and toaster in as the same time. The whole place smelt like damp and the crockery did not smell nice at all - we had to wash everything 2 times before touching it and even then I could smell something horrible when I drank out of a cup. You just couldn't relax in this room at all - horrible.

Oh and to top it all off - we kept finding dead cockroaches in the apartment. If these things can survive a nuclear attack - how are they not surviving a room at the Crown Elamaris?

The whole experience was laughable and we only kept going by hardly staying there at all and getting on with our planning. There were not many people staying in the hotel last week but a few Brits and Russians who congregated at the pool and the bar at night time. Definitely will never return. Thought it was pointless complaining - you pay cheap, you get cheap. I am just glad that we will be staying at The Pernera Beach (which is beautiful) in August.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christinak84
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have to say, I'm stunned by the negative reviews of this hotel. Sure it's not 5 star standard but then it doesn't pretend to be.

I am writing this 11 months after our visit with 2 friends in May 2012. The staff were very friendly, (Dimitri at the bar can make a mean cocktail) and the cleaners did their job very well. It was never a problem to get a sunbed although this may be due in part to visiting at a quieter time of year. The resort itself is home to a mix of visitors from different nationalities and everyone was very easy to get on with.

We ate out every night and there are plenty of decent bars and resturants nearby. Opposite the hotel is Knights Bar which is pretty full of a night time and serves absolutely delicious food, well worth a visit! There are other bars dotted around which are very good at night time (one of which does a Blues Brothers tribute night which was actually very good).

In summary I would recommend that people discount the negative reviews and visit this hotel and resort with an open mind. It was certainly the best holiday I've had in a long time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tomy-Flemba
Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times now, we take a couple of weekend breaks a year here, not posh but you get what you pay for. Central for all restaurants and bars,rooms basic and dated but clean, pool great,kiddies club v quiet but they loved it. Entertainment tacky but funny. Arn't they all? We only paid €40 a night for 2adults and 2 kids, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank peds111
united kindom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Myself and boyfriend stayed here july 2012. aged (18-20). I have been to most countries, lots of different hotels, from 2* to 5*. and this is by far the worst hotel ive ever ever stayed in! paying a total of £1800 for two weeks all inc we wasnt expecting VIP treatment, but we were expecting live able conditions! thank god we had family who lived only 30 minutes away, were we eat most nights as food was hurrendous! breakfast was the best meal of the day, snack bar was OK too. lunch and dinner was the same, (dinner being left overs from lunch) 1 choice of meat, 1 choice of potatoe, dessert was always 1 choice of fruit or something sweet, normally a soaking wet cake. We thought this hotel was in Protaras town as we wanted a lively nightlife, however it is a good 30 minute walk from town. walk was quite nice across the beach, or could catch the bus in for 1euro pp. Rooms were spacious, big kitchen, massive bedroom, bathroom was gruby, mouldy and shower curtain kept falling down. When we arrived the safe didnt work, but staff delt with it ammediatly. I would not reccomend this hotel unless your going self catering for less than a week and are going to be spending most of your time outside the hotel. entertainment was awful, guests mostly russian, polish or spanish. some nights myself and partner were the only ones by pool bar from 9:30-11pm. All in all, i would not return to this hotel evan if it was a bargain, we made the most of our time in the sun by eating out and going into town, spending more money than we had originally wanted as we were all inc! please please if your a couple or family looking for a cheap but decent hotel, DO NOT GO HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple