“Nice place to sit and have a drink”

Hippocampus Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 161 Restaurants in Protaras
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hippocampus Lounge Restaurant located in Protaras, which is a famous tourist area in Cyprus. Serves great, simple dishes in a modern and stylish environment. The Lounge Cafe Restaurant is the ideal setting for any occasion. Eclectic dishes, all of which are made on the premises by the restaurant's chef, range Burgers, Pasta and Steaks to the more traditional Greek Mousaka, delectable seafood plates, ensuring there is something to tempt everyone, while the wines and cocktails provide the perfect accompaniment to any dish. The last three years added an excellent Sushi that is prepared on our Sushi-Bar and Hookah Flavours that ensure a great experience. The service is always professional and attentive, while the atmosphere informal and relaxed.
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer places to sit and have a drink on a night. Nice decor , comfy seats , reasonable prices.

Just a shame it is just down the road from a crappy booming karaoke bar.

The only other place appears to be the Guru lounge that is similar.

5  Thank jonathon555

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been going to Protaras for as long as I can remember and I always make a stop at the Hippocampus, It has come a long way over the years but the same things pull me back every time, Great food, varied menu and super value. When I visited this time around I was all greeked out after eating various Greek meals over the first few days and just fancied a chicken curry and I was not disappointed this was the nicest none Indian chicken curry I have ever tasted I was blown away by the depth of flavour. So if you are looking for a good choice in food that is value for money and a chilled out atmosphere, You won't be disappointed.

6  Thank Bluey0121
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have just returned from our annual visit to Protaras in Cyprus.
As usual we ate several times at the Hippocampus Lounge Restaurant and can highly recommend it. The friendly staff remembered us from previous years and made us feel quite at home. The food on the large and varied menu is of excellent quality – well presented and good value for money - the service was fast and efficient as usual – the premises are modern very up to date looking and clean.
Give the Hippocampus a try you won’t be disappointed.

5  Thank ChrisfromtheUK
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went here with my wife and baby and we were extremely impressed with the food quality, it was worth every penny. This is a high standard place, not a budget place, but totally affordable so don't hesitate to drop in here. We plan to go again before we leave!!

I must emphasis the food was outstanding. The service was also excellent and clean facilities. Thanks for a great lunch!

5  Thank Tajinder2000
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went there three times in the week we stayed at Protaras. The food each time was lovely, the staff friendly and helpful, and the cocktails perfect. There is lots of choice and the helpings are very big so good value for money. We ordered off the menu each time so can't comment on the set menus but they looked to be very good value too. There are also nice comfy seats to have a pre-meal drink before moving to a table. Perfect!

5  Thank Carrie R