“Fabulous set menu!”

The Raj
Ranked #87 of 159 Restaurants in Protaras
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lovely restaurant; wide choice of menu, set menu available, excellent service and ambience
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Raj has moved to the far end of the main strip (above Teejays bar), the set menu is a little move expensive than last year but it is still well worth the money (30 euros for 2 people). Believe me you will be stuffed once you've finished and it's all gorgeous. I have eaten in lots of indian restaurants and this is not 'curry out of a can', just give it a try you won't regret it.

There are newer reviews for The Raj

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What's a holiday without at least one curry?
Nice position just of The Strip. Good quality. No complaints with the Jalfreizi

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went to this restaurant wanting authentic Indian food thinking that's what we would get, looking at some of the negative reviews we thought maybe these were fussy customers, HOWEVER, I wish we would of paid attention!
The food at best was like a curry out of a can and a 'best buy' can at that!
The service was fine and we received a friendly welcome, but the food was some of the worst curry we have tried.
It's such a shame as the owner and the staff seemed really nice.
We also expected them to be Indian but they were Cypriot locals that owned the place, maybe that explains the food.
So, if your after a curry fix and your not too fussed about proper Indian food then go for it, if your looking for authentic Indian food like what we get in the u.k then please don't waste your money you WILL leave disappointed.
Harry Singh

1  Thank HarrySingh27
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The second visit of the holiday, the food was better than the first time.

Value was good again, but the Lamb Madras this time hit the spot, nice and spicy but not overly.

The kids curry was also demolished by my 6 year old, all in all worth a visit.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Worst meal of my holiday I know cyprus is not famous for an Indian but this was run by an Indian family who I would expect to know a curry we had a set meal which all tasted the same despite 5 different curries terrible onion bajee tasted of raw spice my advice don't go here we paid 75 euro for the worst meal we have had here never again