“Great value place”
Review of Anatolia

Anatolia
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Protaras
Cuisines: European, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family just returned ftom 2 week stay in protaras loved as usual . Anatollias is lovely family run resturant we eat there twice always busy good sign food lovely and very cheap set menu here best in protaras . Will always return here ..

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband's name is Anatoly, so we thought it would be fun to eat out at this restaurant. However, it turned out to be the worst tavern we'd ever been to!

First of all, during our dinner we were served by at least 5 different waiters and I had the impression of being on some kind of conveyor - we didn't even finish ordering when we were interrupted briskly by the question what we were going to drink. Waiters frantcally ran around the venue taking orders fast fast fast.. not the kind of ambience I look forward to at dinner during the holiday.

The interior is ok but dusty artificial roses on the tables put me off.. it all looks dated, not in a good way, as if nothing ever changed there.. not even these artificial flowers..

We ordered a fish plate, my husband had lamb and I orderes shrimp ouzo flambe. I don't know what they put into the word "flambe", personally I believed flambe dishes are supposed to be set on fire, but I didn't even feel any ouzo anice flavour in it.. just regular shrimps with cream, overpriced, if you ask me. My husband liked his lamb though. The fush plate was a major disappointment for us - king prawns were charred as if they had burned in hell, octopus was soft and tasty but partly thickly covered in coal too, the salmon was dry and it looked and tasted like it had been frozen!! I couldn't eat it.

The most interesting thing was sides. They put us off completely! We were asked what we wanted: salad or vegetables. We opted for vegetables. We have been to taverns before and "vegetables" always means FRESH tomatos, cucumbers, salad and it's only potato that is boiled. But not in this tavern. Our plates were huge (the same size as the big fish plate) and the half of the space was covered with chunks of unseasoned boiled carrots and broccoli! Seriously? I was absolutely flabbergasted. Luckily for me, we also had jacket potatoes and that was the highlight of my meal there.

When I told the waiter that I didn't really get what these sides were about, I was told it was my fault because I ordered vegetables. Of course I understand, carrots and broccoli are vegetables but it was the first time we were served something like that in a tavern... certainly, we didn't return and took our habit elsewhere.

I have to mention the menu - it is tremendously large. I suspect that cooks can't cope with the number of clients and the ridiculously huge variety of dishes, thus it provokes charred spoiled seafood and poor service.

It was the only disappointment of the whole trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Family run restaurant, set meals give great value for money. Popular with tourists and locals alike. Can't fault it.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Went following good reviews . We had the meze which was not bad but not the best we have had . Son had spaghetti bolognaise which he said was watery and other son had pizza which He said there was charcoal under the cheese .. Very friendly staff though So maybe we just chose the wrong food on the night !!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is always a regular when we are in Protaras. The food quality and value are top notch. It gets very busy from 8.30 but well worth waiting. Same waiting staff have been there for number if years including one grumpy waiter .. He is efficient but not very friendly, all part of the charm! Other than that, can't fault anything!!