“Not a lot to shout about”
Review of Olympus

Olympus
Ranked #16 of 161 Restaurants in Protaras
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On our first night we decided to give Olympus a try as they had good reviews and at the time were ranked seventh on Tripadvisor. Firstly we headed there but as we walked past to read the menu we were approached by a waiter and haggled to go in. We ate here as we had just arrived and to be fair it looked very good. I don't normally enter premises where they try and haggle you to go in as this is a very bad sign indeed.

I had the lamb of the grill whilst my partner ordered Kleftico, at the time of the order my partner was convinced by the waiter to have the lamb of the grill instead of Kleftico. The lamb was awful, so fatty and chewy that it was unedible so my partner complained and had her dish changed to the original Kleftico that she requested, I decided not to have another dish for I had eaten all my jacket potato and veg. Well to be honest the Kleftico was a joke, three smallish pieces of lamb not even on the bone so then it became apparent it was that this dish was not fresh, I was glad I didn't re-order anything.

On our holiday we use to drink at La Pas ( a lovely little bar with a great terrace) which was opposite Olympus. We observed on many an occasion, so be warned if you are new holiday maker (it's very obvious as your tan-less). You will be haggled by a waiter or member of staff when you walk past Olympus.

Never went here again and felt sorry for all the people we saw getting haggled in.

1  Thank DeanDawn

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We returned from a week in Protaras, yesterday. We ate 3 times at the Olympus. The food was beautifully cooked, varied and the service, excellent.
The restaurant is family run and all are very friendly.Customers are all made to feel special and are offered any drink on the house, before leaving the restaurant.
I would definitely recommend it.
We are returning next May and the Olympus will be revisited.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Food was hot & fresh,nothing special,though staff very friendly,restuarant had a great atmoshere,would visit again,total bill was on par with the others we ate in.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

After 2 years visited this resturant again on holiday. Nothing had changed. Excellent food, service etc. well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Nice food good location and friendly staff.

I had a fillet steak cooked very nice and my husband had the meatballs the food was excellent, even the waiter commented on my perfume and asked me what it was called.. maybe that was his line to gain an extra tip :) but that said it was nice to be asked especially as I was wearing the 'new' Lynx for women!!

They did however forget to bring out desserts but they did offer free drinks but we were leaving to go elsewhere. But food excellent and atmosphere was nice.

Would go again.