1,484 results
All reviews sofa sofa entertainment team building work bar staff half board pool area costa coffee next year evening meal great holiday sea view plenty of choice the thomas cook rep water polo killer pool clean towels minute walk to the beach
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I want to share my story with everyone who value their time, money and health. People, please do not stop at Odessa! Briefly :

1. Don't by all inclusive. Food is horrible and drinks are not included, you have to pay for glass of water as well. Breakfast is not to bad, but for lunch and dinner it's better to go eat out, there are many nice restaurants on Protaras.

2. Animation...I don't really have much to say about animation. Bored!!! NONE!!!!!!

3. I payed for internet, but It didn't work in the room.I had constantly go down in the lobby.

4.The cleaning lady was cleaning every day, but if you look inside a duvet cover, you find someone's hair on Velcro straps.

So now is the most important part of my experience. I stayed in Odessa with my Mother and 1 year old son. In the last day we came back from the beach, and our room was locked, I understand that we should've check out that day. But unfortunately we thought that day was included. Any way, we went to reception assured that I can resolve that stupid incident.But the manager of reception met me aggressively. She was rude and impolite! She screamed at me in front of her сo-workers and other visitors. Honestly I had shoke about that way she were treating me. She say that we have to pay fee that we didn't left the room at the right time. We did payed the fee. After that she say that we have to take our stuff and empty the room immediately! I asked her can we at least take a shover after the beach and packed. For that she say that we have to leave right now!!! Honestly people, I didn't know what to do. I asked her if she is literally kicking me out with the baby? ( People who is got kids know how difficult to be in such as situation with a little one). So she say that I am talking to much and if I am not leaving the room immediately somebody will come and take our stuff out. We went to the room, we had just a little bit time to put our stuff in bags and leave. We continued to pack in the lobby. We were wet, and full of sent! Next day we arrived home, so three of us got a bad cold! We were very exhausted and disappointed((( More over I realized that i left my diamond necklaces in the room when we were in rush!!! That lady on reception just ruined all wonderful impressions our vacations on Cyprus. It was very unprofessional, her job is to give people a smile,but I've got a cold, stress, disappointing , bad impression and the lost necklace...

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Elena B
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Before we went on holiday we were a bit worried about staying at the Odessa Beach having read some of the reviews, however most of our fears were unfounded. We had a great room on the 3rd floor with a sea view and the comfiest bed and pillows we have ever had in a hotel. There is a new hotel which has just been built near the beach but this has not spoilt the outlook from the Odessa. As for the food.....there was always a great choice, something for everyone. The service from all of the staff was really good and the Thomas Cook entertainment team worked their socks off every day for those people who wanted to take part in all of the activities. All in all this is a hotel where the staff are a credit to the Tsokkos group but it could be doing with a little bit of a facelift here and there. Don't let this put you off though as we had a brilliant relaxing week and would go back again as it is in the centre or Protaras with everything you need for a great holiday. We are glad now that we didn't change it and gave it a chance.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Susan C
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When we checked in the staff were friendly and helpful our room was clean although a little dated . In general the hotel is of a good standard and the food is good with a wide selection , Having the Costa Coffee on the side of the Hotel was very nice as well . We did have a couple of room guests one night and this did take a little time for the cleaners to come and spray the room(24hours) but this is more of an observation than a criticism so all in all a good hotel well worth a visit .

Reviewed September 23, 2013

When me and my boyfriend read the reviews on Trip Advisor prior to our holiday, we were slightly worried due to a few bad reviews others had posted. However, I could not say one bad word about this hotel. Service was great, food was brilliant and such a variety every night at dinner. The hotel is literally on the strip, close to bars and shops on one side and a 1 minute walk to the beach on the other. The rooms were great and cleaned every day as was the pool area. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We returned for our seventh stay at the Odessa in September. After some correspondence with the Manager last year, we were promised a room upgrade for this year. That offer was confirmed only six weeks before our holiday, however upon arrival, there was no upgrade and the reception and front of house staff both said that they had no knowledge of the offer. We were a little disappointed at this, but the room that we were allocated was good enough. The hotel is now showing signs of age (aren’t we all). The bathroom door veneer was peeling off as was the veneer in some of the drawers. It is fair to say that the hotel generally is looking a little tired and could do with some renovating.
Also there is still a noise problem from the SofaSofa club on Saturday nights. The music is still being played at a very loud level from 1 am until somewhere between 4.30 and 5.30 am on Sunday morning. I was at reception on the Sunday morning, arranging to keep my room until six o’clock, when at least two complaints were made to reception about the late night noise. Both times the customers were told that the noise came from bars on the strip, or from other nearby hotels, not once were the customers actually told the true source of the noise. I do feel that the Hotel and it’s staff should be honest to customers and tell them the truth about the source of the noise, instead of blaming other people. Otherwise how can customers make their feelings known if they are told by the staff that the noise is coming from other sources. They cannot complain or give any truthful feedback about something that they are being told is caused by other organisations.
One other small point, an observation rather than a complaint. The main restaurant only seems to serve dry red wine. Most people would prefer maybe a merlot or shiraz, and would be prepared to pay extra for that, as dry red wine has a very limited appeal. That said we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Odessa, it's location is amongst the best in Protaras,. All of the staff were as helpful, friendly and welcoming as always. I really do not understand other people's comments about the food being poor, food is plentiful, varied and of a very good standard and quality. We will certainly be the Odessa either next year or the following year, and we would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to other people.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Brian S