Tripadvisor
Search

“Out of season visit”

Avli Family Restaurant-Taverna
Ranked #137 of 174 Restaurants in Protaras
Description: Avli is a traditional tavern in the center of Protaras' main street. We serve Greek and Cyprus traditional dishes. Our restaurant is known for its' low prices, its' staff's hospitality and of course its' traditional character. Every friday night we provide to you the experience of live Greek music.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife & I visited this place at lunchtime on 20 January 2020. We were the only ones in there at the time but were made to feel welcome. A fire was lit for us without us having to ask. We ate kleftico & octopus. The kleftico portion was very generous for the price & the octopus was very tender. The owner even cooked me some fresh handmade chips. I have read the other reviews about this restaurant & can honestly say that our experience there was very good & I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again when I go back to Protaras.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (191)

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

If you are in Protaras outside season this is one of few open places. Food is o.k but not more. You feel it is a onemanshow because it takes it's time to get your ordered food.
The waiter try as best he can to make you happy. If you are not very demanding the place is ok , but you will not show up here every day.

Date of visit: December 2019
tk120897, Manager at Avli Family Restaurant-Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Thank you for your review and happy new year. As you mentioned all restaurants were closed and as we wanted to still be open to serve the tourists in the area, we could not have asked many of our employees to stay away from their families. Therefore, please keep that in mind when writing a review. Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

After a boat trip 3of us got hungry so we thought we sit in in a greek style restaurant... ! Biggest mistake ever! We ordered food, I ordered a chimichanga..... these people have no clue what is that and how to make it! The chicken was literally like bubblegum! Chewi as f. !!!! The “Spicy sauce” was tomato pure from can, the salad what they served with it was dry and maybe 2-3days old from fridge! They asked if all ok, I made my complaint, they asked me if I want something else instead, I rather didn’t choose anything because it would be maybe worst... souvlaki made of rat meat.. maybe. So this f disgusting people charged me 11€ for that plate of rubbish! I feel sorry for people who will eat there I. The future! Don’t go there to eat please, save money and time!

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank BRASILEIRO1986
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

I personally believe I've eaten someone else's food... from 2 days ago.. the worst food possibly in the entire Cyprus... we ordered 2 platters with meat.. every meat in both platters was raw... not lightly cooked.. we r talking about raw food.. he is dangerous.. I wonder how is this restaurant still open and working... he brought the salads and inside the one salad he had placed the bowl with tzatziki. Inside the freaking salad.. the fried potatoes were from at least 2 days ago.. all the plates that were placed in front of us at the start were just wiped with a plain towel from the previous customers... please protect your family and children and never go there to eat.. the manager (if there is one in there) should immediately check the production , or just close that restaurant.. you are dangerous for the well being of your customers and you should do something about it before someone else does.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank yiotam714
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

Not a good experience! Tuna over cooked on one meal. Bin next not moved after asking to be moved! My seafood was totally over cooked. Service ok. Restaurant dirty and the owner tried to make mistakes with free ice cream for my kids which was a nice thought but tasted cheap.

Date of visit: August 2019