David's Hotel Clover
Hotel Arini(Aizawl)
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplus pointmakes you feelporkomeletteexcellent foodno doubtsingle roombudget hotelthe heart of the citydollyminiairportmshospitalitydavidschutneyrefrigerator
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I only stayed for night in this hotel but undoubtedly I will rate this to be one of the most courteous hotel / inn's I have come across. Honestly don't even walk-in with high standards to this place, but do expect a lot of helpful people, do expect them to help you with all your travel needs and that too at reasonable (without a cut-money) rates. Food is good at the right price. The rooms may look a little small but no doubt very comfortable with all nessecary amenities. Good place for visitors who do not understand the native language as the hotel staff is eveready to help you with that!!

Room Tip: check for basement rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rays104
Reviewed December 13, 2012

After a night in Riak Maw Inn, I changed to David's Clover Hotel, where I found, what I had missed at the first one. The staff at the desk was extremly helpful and eager to please, even helping me to contact a hotel in Champhai and leading me towards a "hidden" sumo counter, I would have had difficulties to find on my own. Since information is hard to come by in this off-the-path-destination this asset cannot be overestimated.

The smaller 950 rp.-rooms might feel a bit smallish but good value for money, the 1500 rp.-rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The sub-terrain layout of the place might be nightmare for any western fire safety inspector, besides that I felt very safe and well looked after.

Excellent food was avaliable in the on-site restaurant.

All in all, highly recommendable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GeraldFritz
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had gone to this hotel after being told that this is the best property in Aizawl. I can only tell you that Aizawl has much better hotels.
When i was shown the deluxe rooms i almost vomited with the stink of cooking gas etc that came, decided to take the suit. The Service sucks, the so called lady patron Dolly is trying to figure out ways to make money out of you. The suit does not get a ray of sunlight, is below the ground level, so no mobile connectivity and very noisy.
Overall it was a terrible experience and Aizawl has much better hotels just across so no reason to stay here. i checked out next morning..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank KAKABURA
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Since this was my first solo trip, I had booked a room well in advance (20 days) over the phone so that there would be no last minute hassles. Also, before leaving Bengaluru , I had called to confirm the same. But when I reached the hotel....IT WAS NOT BOOKED!! I was very p***ed off and the front desk people really did not have any answers to my questions. Luckily for me, Hotel Arini at Khatla, where I had stayed a couple of nights back, was more than willing to accommodate me at half their their prices!! I wonder why Hotel Arini is not featured here as it is centrally located with a good restaurant - Curry Pot and the service there is exceptional. It was treat staying at Arini! Thumbs down to David's Clover for bad location as well as communication!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Varsha_18
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 nights recently.I got my room at ground level, but without any ventilation or view.This is the best room of the hotel.The reception area does not promise much about the property.
But these disadvantages are soon made up by other positive factors.
The room was very spacious , well furnished.
The owners are very helpful and co operative.
The food is very good.The best part is that they cook as per your requirements.
Some of the staffs are not very comfortable with Hindi and speak broken English.After an initial mix up , I became cautious and started speaking slowly in English and used to repeat my request to make sure they understood.
I did not face any trouble after that.
I had gone there after reading very good reviews at this site.So I had very high expectations.
If you go without high expectations, you would be more than happy.
This is one of the best at Aizwal.

Room Tip: Suite room is on the reception level and is the best.Not very expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business