“Fantastisk stay :)”

Scandic Grimstad
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grimstad
“Fantastisk stay :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to this hotel 2 times now and both times have been absolutly fantastik. The stafe Are ausom, food, great and the rooms are really nice and clean. The breakfest area and the food is amaising, i normaly dont eat in the morning, but at Rica i eat a great breakfest every morning :) I will defenatly be back next summer :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tonetcg
Kristin S, Reception at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you want to visit us again. Hope you have had a pleasant summer and that we will se you again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have stayed in Grimstad Hotel for a few fantastic days in July for the since 2002. Last year we were most pleased with the room we had, and actually asked to get the same this year, and we actually got it ! You can imagine we were pleased ! The staff is really charming and helpful , and the hotel is just fantastic, a white wooden building which falls exactly in with the architecture of Grimstad, very nice clean room, airy with an excellent choice of materials and a wonderful view and lovely bathroom with all amenities. We also do appreciate the possibility for making coffee and tea in the room. There is also always coffee and water free in the reception. The breakfast was also excellent, with a wide range of hot and cold dishes. The staff were quick to replenish if some dishes run out, they did a superb job, it was actually really peak season. We can really recommend this hotel, every visit is an amazing,enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Would recommend a superior room in the old part.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Imsowich
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for these great comments and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it and are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again next summer!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during a transit trip (between houses) and Its an Amazing hotel. Just no more words.

Its a bit costly If you compare to other hotels, but Its 'the' best. Food is awesome and perfectly cleaned rooms.

In-front of Rica you can find the asian store, where you can get all the asian stuff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ravindran2454
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

What a great place to stay in the center of Grimstad. Very intimate and interesting interior.
We sure was treated good by a very service minded and friendly staff.
Nothing much to put our fingers on, apart from a bad experience with the restaurant. This was fixed at once in a nice and professional way. Many thanks to the lovely lady at sales that took care of everything for us.
Next time we are in Grimstad, we are sure that this hotel will be our “home” Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kristin S, Reception at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Tom, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you want to visit us again. We hope to see you again soon, have a nice summer!
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a great hotel. The staff always greet you, the rooms are clean and nice. Excellent beds. Nice ambiance in the lobby and dining room. Good breakfast, fresh smoothies. The staff always asks if you need more coffee. The ony negative thing was that they serve a small bacon slice on top of a fried egg. With a buffet like that this was a let down. But it's a great hotel! We will visit this hotel again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin S, Reception at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are glad to hear that you want to visit us again here in Grimstad, you are always welcome! We appreciate your kind words and we hope it won't be too long before you want to visit us again. Best regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the middle of town, with walking distance to many of the towns restaurants. Rooms are nice and staff are always smiling and helpful. Great breakfast with lots of dishes, meat and fish, to choose from. Looking forward to the next stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Kristin S, Reception at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and kind words. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Grimstad and we are hoping to see you back soon!
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and the first room I had was clean, compact with a smart shower room and lovely view. My experience of the hotel was marred by a combination of extremely inexperienced staff, faulty wiring and a truly awful evening meal in the restaurant.
On arrival there was only one member of staff who was completely overwhelmed by a party of around 6-7 people who had already checked in but were asking for help/directions. So I waited a pretty long time to be checked in - I would have had a drink in the tiny bar beside reception but there was no-one available to serve.
I found my room, there was no-one to help with luggage, and unpacked. I then called reception and requested the use of an iron. The girl asked me to come down for it. Anyone else would have brought it to my room but no, so I collected the iron and the iron board and carried it upstairs. There was only one plug in my room immediately behind the door so had no choice but to put the ironing board up there. I no sooner plugged it in than it blew the lights in the room. I'm now in the pitch black unable to get to the door. I call reception and explain the situation. They leave me there in the pitch black for 20mins while trying to find someone to fix the lights. This person never materialises, so I call back and suggest they might need to move me to another room - the receptionist was clearly put out by this. She asked me to come back down to reception and I explained again that I couldn't get out the room and was reluctant to try to move a faulty electrical appliance in the dark.
She eventually came, with no light or torch as might have been helpful and I had to traipse down to reception to get a fresh room key. I then went through the trying process of getting another iron - which she asked me not to plug in, in the hallway as it might blow the lights in the whole hotel!
I eventually made it to the restaurant for something to eat and ordered the burger as I thought it was a safe choice. It was eventually served to me raw by a girl who clearly hadn't even looked at what was on the plate. When I sent it back she exclaimed 'oh not again'. She did not in the meantime offer me bread or anything as a substitute.
On checking out the following morning I explained my disappointing experience but was offered no reduction to my bill, they even insisted I pay for the peanuts I was forced to eat from the room after the appalling meal.
In short this hotel has nice rooms and a wonderful breakfast but the service left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rannveig J, Front Office Manager at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate this!

Sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with our hotel and service. As we strive to improve on a daily basis, we depend on your feedback. I am sorry that we did not receive your complaint earlier, so that we could more easily address the issues of concern, however we will do our best to fix this now.

We hope to see you again in Grimstad some day in the future, and that we can live up to our standards then.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimstad
Strand Hotel Fevik
#6 of 19 in Kristiansand
Thon Hotel Arendal
Thon Hotel Arendal
#2 of 5 in Arendal

Been to Scandic Grimstad? Share your experiences!