“An excellent value for money B&B”

Derrin Guest House B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Larne B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2011

A well located B&B for those wanting to catch the ferry to or from Northern Ireland and Scotland. It is less than 5 minutes from the ferry and is very easy to find in Larne. It has plenty on street safe car parking. The rooms are very comfortable, well decorated and furnished, all with ensuite facilities and tvs. There is also a very nice residents lounge with a tv. We loved the personal service and the friendliness of the owners Ivy Chalmers and Siebe Wynberg. We have been there twice and they have made us very welcome. They also provide excellent information on local attractions and pubs, restaurants and cafes. This is very useful when visiting a new town. A very enjoyable stay and highly recommendede to others visiting the area for the ferry or to see the Giants Causeway and other scenery around the Antrim Coast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DPIreland

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Due to an overbooking, I was actually unable to stay at the Derrin House; however, I wanted to share what wonderful care Ivy and Siebe took to make sure I was comfortable lodged elsewhere. Siebe even drove me to the Seaview Inn himself, and offered to pick me up the next day in order to utilize their lounge. The alternative accommodations they arranged for me were absolutely lovely, and Marianne at the Seaview could not have been sweeter. I had a wonderful weekend in Larne, and would certainly book at the Derrin House or the Seaview again.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My husband John and I were part of a group staying at "Derrin House" and what an enjoyable stay we had from our arrival to our leaving every thing was first class.
Friendly,excellent breakfasts,spotless comfortable what more can I say.Would recommend with no hesitation. out of 10-....11........

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2011

On a recent trip up the scenic Antrim coastline in Northern Ireland, I found myself stranded with a flat tire on a dark, sleeting night with no place to stay. Passersby pointed me to the Derrin Guest House. They were my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The host and hostess welcomed me in and made restaurant recommendations. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable in all regards. The breakfast provided wholesome options and eggs cooked to order.

Without even my asking, they called around to find a place that would fix my flat. It was just a short walk from the B&B, but I sense they would have driven me if it was too far away. They even helped me take off the tire!

Ivy and Siebe are the most pleasant and accommodating people I encountered on the trip. I highly recommend the Derrin Guest House for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, warm, welcoming place to stay in the western part of Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2011

As mentioned in most of the other reviews we found the hosts very friendly and helpful. They recommend a nice place for a meal and gave us directions to get there. We had a problem with our hire care and Ivy assited us (after many attempts) to contact the hire company (they had given us the wrong phone numbers). She even suggested that we take a walk and visit the sights in Larne whilst we were waiting for the repairman to come and she would call us when he arrived. Siebe even cooked me porridge for my breakfast which was delicious. The only negative I have is that my husband found the bed to be too hard for him, and he did not sleep well (we were on the ground floor at the rear). If was fine for me! Having Wifi was great (or you could use their computer for a small fee) Lovely Lounge area for guests. I would definitedly recommend Derrin Guest House.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Lovely place to stay, nice room, comfy bed, great breakfast, very helpful owners.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Everything you could ask for to make your stay in N.Ireland,The manager of the STATION BAR in Larne "Steven",phoned and booked my wife and I,into The Derrin and we found it to be of an excellent home from home,breakfast was very good,and the owners were very nice and helpful.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Curran Court Hotel
Dobbins Inn Hotel
#3 of 6 in Carrickfergus
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club

Been to Derrin Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!